October Wrestling Thread 2021 | ROH done?

D Fly D Fly T0INE T0INE Peep Game Peep Game @red is on nt

20951122-A8D2-4E29-A1D6-C71D8CF4660F.jpeg

Dat hand placement.
1633062257704.png

Lawd.

To add on to that:

What's the memory you all have that initially got you into wrestling? And what wrestler stood out to you the most at first?

For me it would have to be around when Monday Night Raw first started. Didn't know what wrestling was yet but I got hooked pretty quickly. Then I peeped Nitro and really got hooked.

Wrestler that stood out instantly was prolly HBK or Mysterio. Eddie too

My grandma used to tape WWF PPVs for my uncle and I randomly watched one of the tapes. It happened to be Wrestlemania IX.

There was no sound for some reason and most of the show was missing but I was hooked from that day forward.

Video games played a big part too. Playing WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game on Super NES at a family friend's house.

Don't think I was watching wrestling live until probably '96 or '97. Used to rent wrestling PPVs (both companies) from the video store.

Was never following storylines or knew what was currently happening in the companies at that age (born in '91).

Once I started watching live, the cruiserweight/luchador wrestling in WCW made Monday Night Nitro a must watch.

I still would bounce back and forth between shows but WCW did have a slight advantage because of the N64 games.

When it came to toys/action figures I had more WWF.

I definitely get the case for Roman. He probably had the better “year”, but from what I have seen, Omega the complete “package” and performer

The Pro Wrestling Illustrated Top 500 has been released (get yours at pwi-online.com), and Editor Kevin McElvaney and Senior Writer Al Castle defend the mag’s pick for this year’s #1, Kenny Omega. They reveal the heated debate that went on amongst their own staff when it came down to Kenny Omega vs Roman Reigns for the top spot, and what ultimately tipped the scales in Omega’s favor. They share the process, timeline, and sheer man power required to put this special issue together, and talk about some of the big changes they made in the issue and list for this year. They discuss the illustrious #500 slot and some of the wrestlers who’ve landed there in the past, and run down Jericho’s rankings over the course of his career.

‎Talk Is Jericho: Omega vs Reigns - Debating the PWI Top 500 on Apple Podcasts
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...g-the-pwi-top-500/id767016946?i=1000537199087

@Bad Moon Rison

MottoMottoMotto MottoMottoMotto

Does impact even pay well? Their show looks like its taped in a small warehouse.

This episode of Assignment Asia brings you three stories about identity. First, the story of a musical duo of brothers whose parents come from very different backgrounds – the result of which is reflected in the diversity of their music. Then we meet a professional Japanese female wrestler known by many as ‘Aja Kong’. She tells us her story about growing up as a mixed-race child in Japan and transforming herself into a powerful role model. Finally, we meet a blind woman in China who lets nothing get in the way of her impairment, and even made a career out of her keen sense of sound.

(6) Assignment Asia: No Hold Barred - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom