Of Mics and Men: Wu Tang 4-part doc on Showtime 5/10/2019

I've only watched the first 2. For anyone that's watched further do they cover any of their affiliates at all? Like LA the Darkman, Killarmy, Wu Syndicate, Shyheim, etc..

Outside of Cappadonna (who's not considered an affiliate any more but a regular Clan member), they really don't talk about the affiliates. They might show up in a pic or video but that's about it.

Man it’s so dope seeing footage and pics of these dudes when they were on the come up. History!!

Makes me wanna pay resell prices for their show at the Ryman next month.

Lol in episode 2 when they’re in the Loud office rapping and some random dude walks in yelling “That’s that ****” and just bounces. Nobody knew who he was and never saw him again.

Just watched the first ep. Caught the feels when GFK was talking about his taking care of his brothers and everything about ODB.

:rofl: @ U-God moving weight and Meth working for him.

The story about ODBs wife and her having to learn the meaning of her name :frown::frown::frown::frown:

With pain comes pleasure. It’s like he gave her confidence! Man o’ man.
Son thats real love.

It really shows a whole other side to ODB dudes dont know about.

I've only watched the first 2. For anyone that's watched further do they cover any of their affiliates at all? Like LA the Darkman, Killarmy, Wu Syndicate, Shyheim, etc..
Nah, unfortunately. You see them on stage but its strictly original Wu.

The only affiliate they speak on is Cilvaringz, Rza mentoring him, and how he pulled that janky Wu album which is really just glorified features.

How can I watch with no showtime????

step your internet game up b.

speaking of which...its so fascinating how music traveled before da internet was around...

you had to know people that knew wassup. i remember my cuz beggin me to send her DJ clue tapes not realizing how rare new music was for outta towners, us NYers were spoiled.

Divine still doesn’t give a single damb.

Sad that money/business/ego messed things up, but his attitude is still hilarious. :lol:

Divine still doesn’t give a single damb.

Sad that money/business/ego messed things up, but his attitude is still hilarious. :lol:

Power & Divine was eattttttin on everything.

luckily da power of WU is strong enough to keep it together...

that HOT 97 ban was ill.... changed da whole landscape of NYC at da time.

U-God trying to kick knowledge to the Statue of Liberty workers :lol:

Heart was in the right place, but execution was pretty poor.

step your internet game up b.

speaking of which...its so fascinating how music traveled before da internet was around...

you had to know people that knew wassup. i remember my cuz beggin me to send her DJ clue tapes not realizing how rare new music was for outta towners, us NYers were spoiled.

my internet game is trash
i go to the same sites and its been like that since like 1999/2000
so where can i watch

Wow, Divine gave Cappadonna 250k fresh outta jail.

As time moved on Divine and RZA got too comfortable being in control of the business. They looked at as disrespect when the other members wanted out the deal but they just grew out of it.

That was tough seeing all those behind the scenes convo's Ol Dirty had with/about RZA and Divine.

Dope docuseries. Hearing Meth with those bars in that scene with them in the theater almost made me cry. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

When I was in the 10th grade in Art class, the teacher wanted us to submit designs for the Police Dept's new Drug Task Force cruiser. Winner's design gets painted on the side of the cruiser and gets a "ride-along." We were given a blank canvas to design it. I sketched a giant brick Wu W with "Free ODB" tagged in it.

Safe to say it did not go over well and was not chosen.

I forgot how washed he was when he came out of jail. They must've put him on all sorts of meds to get him to blow up like that. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom