Of Mics and Men: Wu Tang 4-part doc on Showtime 5/10/2019

Wow, Divine gave Cappadonna 250k fresh outta jail.

As time moved on Divine and RZA got too comfortable being in control of the business. They looked at as disrespect when the other members wanted out the deal but they just grew out of it.

That was tough seeing all those behind the scenes convo's Ol Dirty had with/about RZA and Divine.

tbh, Divine & Rza had a great game plan....but they were too good at their jobs & was eatin off everyone...

they should've instituted a "revenue sharing" model like da NBA so resentment didn't set in.

Sounds like he did have a profit sharing/investment plan setup but that wasn't enough for dudes. Everybody wanna be a general forgetting that the real generals was out there hustling to bankroll or churning out creativity 24/7.

Sounds like he did have a profit sharing/investment plan setup but that wasn't enough for dudes. Everybody wanna be a general forgetting that the real generals was out there hustling to bankroll or churning out creativity 24/7.
The generals
Def wasn’t out churning creativity 24/7
:lol:

Do hip hop groups even exist remotely close to like they did in the 90's? Wu-Tang was rare because they were a super group, but you had Mobb Deep, Lox, CNN, Outkast, Cash Money and their subgroups, MOP, Bone, Fugees, Three Six and a zillion others. I feel like that doesn't happen anymore unless I'm completely overlooking modern groups.

Do hip hop groups even exist remotely close to like they did in the 90's? Wu-Tang was rare because they were a super group, but you had Mobb Deep, Lox, CNN, Outkast, Cash Money and their subgroups, MOP, Bone, Fugees, Three Six and a zillion others. I feel like that doesn't happen anymore unless I'm completely overlooking modern groups.

Migos are like the only group now that grew together and have a chemistry.

Did I miss something where they said they broke up? You speaking of them in the past tense lol

I don't think any one did it like Wu. Critical and commercial success as a group and as solo artists. Spawned tons of affilates. Comics, clothing, video games. Even this recent million dollar project, despite all the nonsense that happened, is still part of the Wu folklore and legacy. No other group has done what they did. RZA's 5 Year Plan. Too much legacy.

Am I the only one who finds the RZA/Cilvaringz relationship odd? :lol:

Homie was essentially a Wu groupie and then he’s going on solo trips and doing shows with the RZA? And the kicker is that he sucks as a rapper lol.

There’s gotta be more to the story here.

Cilvaringz has some talent. I liked some of his beats and some of the tracks from his solo album I. But the way they went about Once Upon... and his beefing with Clan members and affiliates was too much. I think RZA was expanding his mind and his approach to life and Cilvaringz had ideas that catered to that like the big *** tour they did together and Once Upon. I think RZA also probably liked having someone who looked up to him and wanted to work with him with that same hunger that he used to see in the Clan.

So still from this Divine cash out on them and nobody speaks to him?

Homey said, he ain’t selling his boat :lol:

Thats honestly where I struggled with the outsing of Divine and notice there isnt a whole lot of Power in this talking about those times.

From their side I almost get it, Divine can only be eating off them for so long. It's 10 years later and he basically still getting his share off their work when really he's not putting in the same investment cuz Wu is a making money off its name alone already.

Its hard for dudes like that to let go though. Divine took on the real risk, was out here hustling and taking the profits to support the clan. He was basically their advance for hundreds of Rza beats and studio time, not to mention expenses for performances.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds the RZA/Cilvaringz relationship odd? :lol:

Homie was essentially a Wu groupie and then he’s going on solo trips and doing shows with the RZA? And the kicker is that he sucks as a rapper lol.

There’s gotta be more to the story here.
Bruh, I vivdly remember collecting up all the Wu affiliate material.

Wu-Syndicate, Shyheim, Killarmy, Maccabeez, Brooklyn Zu, etc.

I came across Cilvaringz album, I, and I can't front the beats were dope and he could spit. The beats were really good though. I even downloaded some of his instrumental joints. If anything you couldn't say the beats didnt have that Wu vibe.

I forget why I stopped bumping him but yeah he looks like a straight cornball in this doc :lol: As far as the relationship, fam was a groupie but it looks like he won some overseas rap talent competition and Rza's mentorship. Rza was looking to expand Wu in to Europe.

Seems like most of them would’ve been more financially secured today, had they still trusted Divine and his long term vision.

Would’ve been dope if Wu would’ve owned those city blocks and commercial property in Staten Island

Yeah know a bunch of dudes that were put up on buying opportunities in DC and NY decades ago that passed kicking themselves now. Some dudes just don't have the vision.

Back
Top Bottom