Of Mics and Men: Wu Tang 4-part doc on Showtime 5/10/2019

Anybody seen the doc on Amazon?

Seems like the showtime one was better...

Cilva is like the ultimate marketing plan gone wrong, I heard his album though it was pretty hard tbh. Him and RZA had to have met in a karate class, because Cilva used to live on the corner house on my block with his mom and his sister, this is like pre-adolescent years and he was not into music yet, my only memories of interacting with him was little kung fu fights on the block with me and my little homies. They didn't know I had a blackbelt at the time, and I was just out there making sure they didn't become terrorists, couldn't be more happier to see him suceeding in life, funny he looks older than me now lol

didn't realize there's a Wu Tang show on Hulu

still need to watch of Mics and Men

looks like I can stream it through Amazon if I have Showtime...maybe I'll sign up for a free trial unless someone can point me in the direction of somewhere I can stream it w/ less hassle

The Wu saga show on Hulu isn't bad. Not really a fan of the casting but the story is cool.

I recommend watching the doc first, then the show. The show is completely fictionalized, and even with that known, still not a fan of it so far. I'll watch it in full to form a full opinion.

I wouldn't say the show is completely fictionalized. I definitely recommend seeing the Showtime documentary first. I know Hulu says that the show is based on The Wu Manual and The Tao of Wu. Definitely might want to check those books out as well.

I hope Ghost was really smashing RZA's sister, and he didn't just put that in for entertainment purposes.

On the other hand, maybe he really doesn't have a sister

Back
Top Bottom