Of Mics and Men: Wu Tang 4-part doc on Showtime 5/10/2019

I enjoyed the series...

I really wish that they went in-depth with the other debut albums from the Wu members. Would've been dope to see BTS footage or hear stories about the process behind OB4CL, Ironman, and Tical...

Power & Divine >>>*
Divine emerging Gucci'd down on the yacht >>>*
Power evolving into a younger Shyne Po in the face >>><<<*

Power always gave off that 'Biggs' Burke vibe to me. Always appreciated the quieter dudes that make moves...

I remember seeing a lot of the footage in this series from some older docs... most of it can be found on Youtube. The footage of them following Rae outside the projects. That ODB footage is from some MTV/VH1 series they had when he got out... Don't watch that 'Dirty Thoughts' vid. ODB was doin a lot of wildin :lol: :smh:...

Ralph needs to do something with all of that footage

RZA was always a visionary to me.

I'm almost certain that some of those tapes prolly got flood/mold damage from sittin in a basement since the 90s lol smh...

I think most of the groups disagreement stem from them not having the wisdom and long-term vision that RZA and Divine had. I do understand them wanting as much money as they could possibly could get at that time in the late 90's, esp with all that money flowing thru the industry. At the same time, the short-sightedness is what did them in...

method & redman were DEFINITELY not banned from hot 97, that black out album was in full rotation. Supreme clientele & bulletproof wallets definitely suffered radio play, but da albums were so classic, it got kayslay spins late night & BET rotation.

No way HOT 97 was banning anything with Def Jam backing back then.

It sounded like they wanted out cuz they grew out of it.

Ghost gave Divine a scenario and Divine said "if you signed a million dollar deal I get 200k and you get 800k". Ghost said "I want the whole million". :lol:

That ain't how business works. He gotta get something for his work.

I don't believe everything Divine said, and nobody should. He didn't explain the details of the deal.

And there's bad blood there and that's why he doesn't want to even be around them.

There's a reason why RZA set up all the people around them and put them in their positions. Because it would also be beneficial to RZA and he and their business wouldn't be questioned. That's why they didn't like it when they wanted out of that circle. I look at it as what they did for each other. It wasn't just that they helped finance things. He got paid off many times over.

I bet Divine and Power are still eating off the Wu name. Plus they were also exec producers of their early projects. So they were eating multiple ways off what the artist were doing. Meth, Dirty and Ghost helped build that brand, and who ate off it? That's why RZA could release them as artist. He still owns the name and logo. That's more valuable than them as solo artist. They weren't going platinum when he released them.

Also I can see why RZA didn't want to give up Dirty. He probably looked at it as he made him. By writing a lot of his work and producing for him and setting him up as a member.

shoreline mafia, Asap mob, odd future, sob x rbe

Do hip hop groups even exist remotely close to like they did in the 90's? Wu-Tang was rare because they were a super group, but you had Mobb Deep, Lox, CNN, Outkast, Cash Money and their subgroups, MOP, Bone, Fugees, Three Six and a zillion others. I feel like that doesn't happen anymore unless I'm completely overlooking modern groups.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds the RZA/Cilvaringz relationship odd? :lol:

Homie was essentially a Wu groupie and then he’s going on solo trips and doing shows with the RZA? And the kicker is that he sucks as a rapper lol.

There’s gotta be more to the story here.

I'm watching this **** right now and I had to scroll thru this thread to see if anyone else noticed it :lol:

I'm watching this **** right now and I had to scroll thru this thread to see if anyone else noticed it :lol:

Dog, they were dressed the same. Like Mase and Puff.

And when they were dissing him in the movie theater, RZA was just sitting there silent like he wanted to hide. It's like he was purposefully trying to cover his face.

Oh there's def more to the cilvaringz story. I get running into a young cat that reminds you of you but this doesn't feel like that, this feels like RZA being held hostage.

Seemed weird like Guru and Solaar.
i was thinking the exact same thing...

Also, love how a lot of the guys for the most part still dress the same as they did back in the 90s. Some of the old clips could pass as current, and vice versa. :lol:

To me Divine was just a good businessman. He straight said it that he took his checks and invested and dudes got mad when they saw all the money he had. He was putting them up on game and they didn’t wanna do that. Now they’re going back at him for being smart about his money and they’re pissed off. Can’t have it both ways.

There was a scene where Ghost said something to Divine like If you get me a deal for $1 million I want the whole million not $800k.

To me it just sounds like they got greedy and ignorant to how business works.

Wu-Tang dropping an EP tomorrow, half of them not even on it. Hahahaha

This doc got me wanting to go back and listen to all the official Wu Tang albums again, it's been awhile. Out of the six albums, which album is y'all favorite production wise?

Last edited:
Wu-Tang dropping an EP tomorrow, half of them not even on it. Hahahaha

This doc got me wanting to go back and listen to all the official Wu Tang albums again, it's been awhile. Out of the six albums, which album is y'all favorite production wise?

36 Chambers and Wu-Tang Forever are the only 2 must listens. I prefer 36 Chambers but Forever might be an easier listen with the production. OB4CL is the best produced album though in the Wu’s prime.

36 Chambers and Wu-Tang Forever are the only 2 must listens. I prefer 36 Chambers but Forever might be an easier listen with the production. OB4CL is the best produced album though in the Wu’s prime.

I was never a big fan of 36 Chambers, I don't know if it's the sound quality or the beats. Plus RZA sound always been hit or miss for me. I would say Forever or 8 Diagramz. I remember really liking the production on that one. Feel like it never gets talked about.

Jared had me loling when Rza rolled in he def looked out of place and u could see it on his face. How did he get with ODB?

Def could have used another 4 episodes. Why didn’t they have the Rza speak more on why he didn’t want to let odb go? I’m assuming because he knew the snakes were out...

Interesting none the less but left me with more questions than answers

Thanks google :

Jarred Weisfeld started his career as a Production Assistant for Vh1, where he pitched and sold a show to rap sensation Ol' Dirty Bastard and subsequently became ODB's manager. From there he created and produced television shows for Vh1, MTV, Spike TV and Nickelodeon. Upon launching his distribution company 845 Entertainment, he executive produced records and DVD's for Bizzy Bone, Bone Crusher, Trina, Trick Daddy, Lil' J, Choppa, 3-D, and Pastor Troy. Recently Jarred has served as Executive Producer on "Gone Too Soon" which was seen in over 80 Countries, "Charlie Sheen: Hollywood Blackbook," and "Chasing Gaga."

Back
Top Bottom