Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I'll chime in on this to put it to bed. As someone who worked for one of the companies that a lot of ppl buy resell shoes from, you bet your *** they buy shoes hold and then sell later.

They might say that they are buying up inventory to make it faster to ship to seller or expedite the process for you to get the shoes, but they are buying shoes, holding and then selling them to you themselves. Shoes ship out immediately and they get the fee twice. If they happen to go up in value in the mean time that's a win-win. Don't believe me? That's fine, I've seen stacks and stacks of shoes in "inventory" from returns or straight up purchases by the company.

It would be idiotic to not capitalize on this. There are no rules against it cuz they're a middle man service. They preach that you will never know who you are buying from or selling to, to prevent extra hassle etc. They're not monopolizing the market cuz the buyers set the market when they click purchase, not the sellers. You want prices to drop? Don't buy it at the current price, how do you think sales happen for retail stores?

Thank you all for playing have a nice day.
It’s dumb (not you but the idea behind it).

The notion that an establishment would “cancel” a million “sales” for extra profit, completely undermining their reputation as a business that couldn’t deliver goods to their paying consumers is rubbish.

In the age of Social Media, Do you understand the implications of such poor strategy?

The notion that an establishment would “cancel” a million “sales” for extra profit, completely undermining their reputation as a business that couldn’t deliver goods to their paying consumers is rubbish.

In the age of Social Media, Do you understand the implications of such poor strategy?

I wouldn't think they would cancel sales for personal gain as a business. Stock X sellers flake far more often than GOAT IMO based on the notion that you can list sneakers you don't even own days in advanced. For GOAT to sell a sneaker you have to take pictures of them and the listing has to be approved. Stock X you can hit 2 buttons and have a "sale" get approved.

I think GOAT has a better structure in place to prevent "fake sales" from happening and if you cancel enough sales it doesn't charge you but it will effect your commission rate which in return will cost you money.

Now, there's nothing to stop one of the companies from having an internal buyer who studies the market, follows trends and makes purchases for profit for the company in the long run.

They probably didn't have this when the companies first started but if you've been around and successful for a few years it'd be very easy to implement this. And when you're doing 3-4k shoes daily, this is just icing on the cake.

Size 9 was already OOS when page loaded, got as far into the Q but that's an automatic L

25adb26116.png

Carted a 12 but sold out while i waited in line.

I’m glad i said to hell with it and paid resell before they rise even more.

how did you guys even get "in line"?? as soon as 11 hit, they showed sold out.

Not sure. I was refreshing the page the moment product info appeared, chose a size/added to cart as quickly as I could (I grabbed a 10), and hit check out. Then it put me in line. Of course stock was gone by the time it was my turn to pay.

Nothing will be done about bots because these businesses seemingly only care that they move the product, not that everyone has a fair shake at it. Not saying all, but it seems they know bots are an issue and only a few likely care to address the problem. Nike sent me an in-depth survey about SNKRS yesterday and I went in on the app's constant malfunctions denying people access and the rampant bot action that ruins the experience for those of us that don't use them.

They aren't cancelling a "million sales" - only certain shoes are even worth buying/selling again on their own. UNC Off Whites for example, what are there.... 30k pairs total? Maybe 50k? StockX profit from a reseller selling a $600 shoe = Their 9-10% cut, which is about ~$60. Or they buy it for $600 when it dipped, and then hold until they can resell it for $900+.

The pattern is pretty typical these days, for hype releases. Everyone here knows it. Before the release, prices are sky high because only very few pairs have trickled into the marketplace. Then as pairs release at retail, prices plunge as resellers keep undercutting each other and supply is flooded. Then... after all the retail releases are done, what do you know - prices start rising again after people realize they aint getting a pair for retail.

You honestly don't think some of these companies would buy up pairs of UNC OW's for like $600, knowing that it is near certainty that they'll rise in price in the very near future? I mean ****, prices jumped like $200 in a single day last week. I'm not saying it is a corporate-wide strategy from StockX, but I guarantee some employees / companies are doing this type of stuff. Retail arbitrage.

Nobody said they were simply cancelling folks orders................But if a customer tries to cancel a certain shoe and the seller has already shipped and they know what the market is on them, why not keep them? They already got their $ from the seller in fees and the price on the shoe on hyped releases more than not goes UP. Its a risk, but thats the game, just like the stock market.

Im talking about folks that post an ask. Please believe they bought a bunch of these when they were around $600-$700 for small sizes, now they`re up to $1000. But what do i know.............if they bough 100 of them, they just made 20-25K straight cash. how would that not be worth it? lol

Back
Top Bottom