Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

StockX sells a service, based on trust. This has worked out extremely well for them, as they have a humongous customer base now.

They are growing exponentially, and without any carrying costs! That's amazing. They don't have to buy and store expensive items that fluctuate in price. Instead, they get a flat percentage regardless of the market. Also, they get paid immediately, don't have to pay out until several days later, and don't have to store many pairs (ship out same day they receive). It's GENIUS if you think about it.

So, to introduce super expensive carrying costs, and also risk losing the trust of your customers (many of who would no longer be customers), just to potentially make more money on a very small percentage of shoes (that supposedly "everybody knows will go up in value"), would be downright idiotic. Now, I don't know if they do this or not, but it would be foolish of them to do so considering how amazing they're doing with their original business model. They're growing! Why introduce something that is very risky and could potentially ruin everything you've built up? Once they stop growing and business goes flat, MAYBE they'll consider changing things up. But right now? It would make no sense.

Last edited:
First order on GOAT got cancelled by the seller, placed a second order and also got cancelled. What is this lol

Please believe they bought a bunch of these when they were around $600-$700 for small sizes, now they`re up to $1000. But what do i know.............if they bough 100 of them, they just made 20-25K straight cash. how would that not be worth it? lol
Again, you're thinking like an entrepreneur operating under a small profit, relatively speaking in this situation.

Stockx projects $150 million worth of sales- this year alone- using their tried and tested platform. $25k is a drop in the bucket in revenue. You really think they're going to put everything at risk for such a small figure? They could easily cut another employee from operations and cover that lol.

If you're insinuating that some rogue" employees" are undermining the company for personal gain, then yeah, that's not a reach.

StockX sells a service, based on trust. This has worked out extremely well for them, as they have a humongous customer base now.

They are growing exponentially, and without any carrying costs! That's amazing. They don't have to buy and store expensive items that fluctuate in price. Instead, they get a flat percentage regardless of the market. Also, they get paid immediately, don't have to pay out until several days later, and don't have to store many pairs (ship out same day they receive). It's GENIUS if you think about it.

So, to introduce super expensive carrying costs, and also risk losing the trust of your customers (many of who would no longer be customers), just to potentially make more money on a very small percentage of shoes (that supposedly "everybody knows will go up in value"), would be downright idiotic. Now, I don't know if they do this or not, but it would be foolish of them to do so considering how amazing they're doing with their original business model. They're growing! Why introduce something that is very risky and could potentially ruin everything you've built up? Once they stop growing and business goes flat, MAYBE they'll consider changing things up. But right now? It would make no sense.
Exactly...

To get the thread back on track.

Both of my younger brothers got a pair. Yes, I’m jealous. But happy for them.

FB8414E1-1F03-4FF0-BA20-D50079988501.jpeg

$150 million dollar company, who is growing, whose whole business model is based on trust, willing to risk everything for POTENTIALLY a little bit more profit. Doesn’t make business sense to me.

The same company that formerly employed (one of the original founders) a convicted Felon (Fake Education) who went to jail for credit card Fraud, and who was a premiere importer/re-seller of fake Jordans from China?

I don't understand the trust in these companies, they weren't created with the intent to help sneakerheads. It's 100% about profit. Whether that is collecting seller fees, making extra on shipping (their corporate rate is most likely way below the $13 they charge the buyer), or holding pairs to resell at a later date. Even if they aren't buying/holding pairs to resell for later - quit acting like these companies are morally superior.

I’m talking business, not morals.

There’s carrying costs and risks involved in keeping stock with value that fluctuates. Carrying costs and risks are bad for business. They go against whatever POTENTIAL extra profit you're dreaming of. Risk versus reward.

Couple that with the fact that customers use StockX instead other sites because they trust them. Whether the company deserves to be trusted is a separate issue. The fact is that a ton of people DO. If word got out that they were doing the things you guys are accusing them of doing, they would lose a ton of those customers. Because there is a very limited amount of shoes that you can safely assume will go up, the potential reward is small compared to the huge risks. That would be bad business.

Last edited:
Got my package from StockX today!! Ive wanted a pair of Off Whites since the very first drop - especially the AJ1. You can definitely tell the shoes were inspected by StockX. The insoles were removed and put back in and the orange laces were unraveled. The only thing that threw me off was the Air Jordan stamp on each side. Some pairs Ive seen online look to have the stamp deeper in the leather, and mine wasn't really. From looking at other size 10s online they look the same. Might be a size thing? Ill be posting these joints again when I rock on feet!!! lol. So happy bros the wait is over!!! Cost me some bread but YOLO!!
IMG_3400.jpg
IMG_3401.jpg
IMG_3402.jpg

Congrats! They r gorgeous!

I purchased a pair from goat on Saturday. Instantly got an email saying the shoes were in goats possession. They would ship out directly from goats warehouse. It’s thursday and I still haven’t got a shipment confirmation. Got an email saying my order is still under review. How if I paid with money that was in my Goat account.

:lol: believing people have morals when money is involved...
Some of you must be young or haven't had much real life experience. If I was in the same situation and find out an item I sold is rising in price, I probably wouldn't pull a **** move unless it is significant like 50% more. But I am not surprised that there are people out there who would do it for less.

Last edited:
The same company that formerly employed (one of the original founders) a convicted Felon (Fake Education) who went to jail for credit card Fraud, and who was a premiere importer/re-seller of fake Jordans from China?

I don't understand the trust in these companies, they weren't created with the intent to help sneakerheads. It's 100% about profit. Whether that is collecting seller fees, making extra on shipping (their corporate rate is most likely way below the $13 they charge the buyer), or holding pairs to resell at a later date. Even if they aren't buying/holding pairs to resell for later - quit acting like these companies are morally superior.
Say it louder for the people in the back! A lot of buyers are suffering from StockXholm syndrome. I don't understand it either.

A couple more shots. Man, $1k for a pair of kicks sounds a little brazy, but I’m seriously considering it.

2F5BAD9C-00A7-4D5F-A1E3-74558487D3AB.jpeg
C23CAA53-CF6E-428C-ADB0-A961A9FC4A39.jpeg

I mean as a GOAT seller, I had never cancelled an order. I don’t understand why people are cancelling that often now?

Cause depending on what’s selling. Basically either

A. Shoes are rising in price and sellers think they can make more

B. Sellers don’t have shoes cause they listing the same pair on stock x and goat.
And forgetting to take them down.

Cause depending on what’s selling. Basically either

A. Shoes are rising in price and sellers think they can make more

B. Sellers don’t have shoes cause they listing the same pair on stock x and goat.
And forgetting to take them down.
Maybe I should start canceling as well as a seller then lol.
I feel like I should honor the prices I set, but that’s just me

Back
Top Bottom