Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

well I don't know where you are located and the severity of it. But I'm located in NYC and the confirmed cases here is growing at a rapid rate where we jumped from 1-2 cases just 2 weeks ago to being one of the most infected state of the country with nearly 200 cases. Schools are being shut down, people are getting sent home from work, a lot of restaurants are empty and causing low business for owners which in return is making them lay more people off or closing their shop down temporarily, people are stockpiling and emptying shelves in supermarket, granted its mostly everyone in unnecessary panic mode. But still at this point, I gotta question some people that are more concerned about the resale market than their own health and well-being

Fair and good points. I hadn’t considered the Chinese buyers/market because I didn’t realize companies like SX and GOAT shipped to other countries. Do they? From the few shoes I keep an eye on, I haven’t seen prices change much so far.
I know goat opened up something in China. That's around the time that the market started to really boom for a short 2-3 weeks. As far as SX, I'm sure they ship just that the buyers would need to pay customs. I don't keep an eye on things daily like how some people do. Hell, I know there are some cook groups that have notifications for that sort of thing. The main things I've noticed drastic dips on are OW dunks, OW5, TS dunks have gone down some as well. Like vino said, I just can't imagine there are tons of people out there wanting to drop a rack or half a rack on some shoes when they aren't sure what's gonna happen with the coronavirus in the next few months.

I actually just went to walmart last night to pick up some things and the aisles with bleach and toilet paper and cleared out. N-95 masks sold out at my local costco within an hour and that was even when they limited it to one per membership. I did hear from my Chinese friend that Chinese peeps buying up those N-95 masks from everywhere back in February and sending it back home to China when the coronavirus just kicked up. People are flipping toilet paper and N-95 masks here, it's the same, if not worse, when people were flipping Kobes for major money after he died.

Surely if this does turn into a full blown recession with layoffs for who knows how long, you can bet everyone will be offing their collections and resell prices on a lot of stuff will come down since people will be undercutting. At that point, it's either lose your house or come up with some quick emergency funds.

well I don't know where you are located and the severity of it. But I'm located in NYC and the confirmed cases here is growing at a rapid rate where we jumped from 1-2 cases just 2 weeks ago to being one of the most infected state of the country with nearly 200 cases. Schools are being shut down, people are getting sent home from work, a lot of restaurants are empty and causing low business for owners which in return is making them lay more people off or closing their shop down temporarily, people are stockpiling and emptying shelves in supermarket, granted its mostly everyone in unnecessary panic mode. But still at this point, I gotta question some people that are more concerned about the resale market than their own health and well-being
I live in L.A.
Just to be clear, I'm not downplaying that the virus is a thing. And I was never concerned with resale prices.
I know goat opened up something in China. That's around the time that the market started to really boom for a short 2-3 weeks. As far as SX, I'm sure they ship just that the buyers would need to pay customs. I don't keep an eye on things daily like how some people do. Hell, I know there are some cook groups that have notifications for that sort of thing. The main things I've noticed drastic dips on are OW dunks, OW5, TS dunks have gone down some as well. Like vino said, I just can't imagine there are tons of people out there wanting to drop a rack or half a rack on some shoes when they aren't sure what's gonna happen with the coronavirus in the next few months.

I actually just went to walmart last night to pick up some things and the aisles with bleach and toilet paper and cleared out. N-95 masks sold out at my local costco within an hour and that was even when they limited it to one per membership. I did hear from my Chinese friend that Chinese peeps buying up those N-95 masks from everywhere back in February and sending it back home to China when the coronavirus just kicked up. People are flipping toilet paper and N-95 masks here, it's the same, if not worse, when people were flipping Kobes for major money after he died.

Surely if this does turn into a full blown recession with layoffs for who knows how long, you can bet everyone will be offing their collections and resell prices on a lot of stuff will come down since people will be undercutting. At that point, it's either lose your house or come up with some quick emergency funds.
Right on. The only shoe of the ones you mentioned that I pay attention to is the OW5 in my size 11. The prices have come down less than $100 compared to two weeks ago. They were already coming down as more people got them/put them up for sale and more people who cared cashed out on buying them. So I might be blind but I'm not seeing a correlation. Yet, that is.
Anyway. I have no interest in debating coronavirus on NT. My only real point originally was, I don't see prices on coveted shoes dropping by 50-percent or whatever as a result. And if it does, that's the sort of panic behavior that will--if the majority of the population behaves that way--will dump us right into an actual recession or way bigger problem.

Damn, prices are droppin, i thought getting in at 715 for my size was good. Might hit in the $600s soon

DEFA7AA6-D675-4CCB-B089-B25159894D08.jpeg

2020 are you ready

Word.

These need to be around TS6 prices ($500 USD in my size 11.5) for me to get excited.

They are definitely trending downward though which is good.
Snkrhead13 said:
600?? You’ll be waiting forever then, cause that ain’t ever happening. These are in no way comparable to the ts6. And there won’t be another batch “going drop”
S Snkrhead13 where you at LMAO. Don't mean to tell you but I told you sooooo. 600s is in. How low can they go😂

LOL prices still falling. Mid-$600s now. Keep on dropping, baby!

Snkrhead13 said:
600?? You’ll be waiting forever then, cause that ain’t ever happening. These are in no way comparable to the ts6. And there won’t be another batch “going drop”
S Snkrhead13 where you at LMAO. Don't mean to tell you but I told you sooooo. 600s is in. How low can they go😂
[/QUOTE]
I said they won’t go 600, and I was right. You didn’t tell me ish. It only took an unprecedented virus that has everyone shutdown for them to even DIP under 700...and you’re acting like they tanked lmao. Add to that the fact that you’re still thinking about me a whole month later, and you got a giant L on your hands. Congrats

I said they won’t go 600, and I was right. You didn’t tell me ish. It only took an unprecedented virus that has everyone shutdown for them to even DIP under 700...and you’re acting like they tanked lmao. Add to that the fact that you’re still thinking about me a whole month later, and you got a giant L on your hands. Congrats
[/QUOTE]
Lol

Sucks that it took those circumstances for the prices to drop this low, but I ain't complaining. Just glad that UPS lost my initial one so that I can buy a replacement pair at 200 cheaper than what I initially paid

They’re only $50 away as is from $600-flat. Sorry for the people who paid hundreds more, but it’s happening :lol:

Back
Top Bottom