Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

How is the sizing on these? Any different than the normal 5's? I heard they fit bigger due to the lack of padding inside

My guy the virus can be at 89% of the population.

resellers will camp out in hazmat suits.

plus to most pairs are sold online and brought by bots. So they don’t have to leave the house. To buy or to sell.

Maybe his reasoning behind plummeting prices is related to the stock market dropping drastically. It’s not a far fetched idea to think that aftermarket shoe prices will dip as the stock market takes a hit. I don’t do stocks personally, but I’m sure there are guys who invest in both shoes and stocks. Best to cut losses and get as much money as you can before it goes even more down

Maybe his reasoning behind plummeting prices is related to the stock market dropping drastically. It’s not a far fetched idea to think that aftermarket shoe prices will dip as the stock market takes a hit. I don’t do stocks personally, but I’m sure there are guys who invest in both shoes and stocks. Best to cut losses and get as much money as you can before it goes even more down

HODL

the virus affecting a lot more things than people think.

A lot of markets are down. Real estate is an example, I just recently bought a house and the mortgage rates hasn't been this low for at least a decade

I don’t really see why resale sneaker prices should be affected. The stock market is down as some people and places are on lockdown, and Wall St speculates that it’s only going to get worse before it gets better. Sneakers for resale are already manufactured and in people’s possession. You don’t have to go anywhere to buy them. The only reason the resale market would be broadly affected would be if a large percentage of buyers were funding their purchases with profits made from stocks, and they now don’t have that extra money to spend. I’m not seeing it.

the virus affecting a lot more things than people think.

A lot of markets are down. Real estate is an example, I just recently bought a house and the mortgage rates hasn't been this low for at least a decade

this is a good thing... I’m bout to refi my crib right now for cash out and a lower rate... sh**t is beautiful in that regard...:pimp::pimp::pimp:

I don’t really see why resale sneaker prices should be affected. The stock market is down as some people and places are on lockdown, and Wall St speculates that it’s only going to get worse before it gets better. Sneakers for resale are already manufactured and in people’s possession. You don’t have to go anywhere to buy them. The only reason the resale market would be broadly affected would be if a large percentage of buyers were funding their purchases with profits made from stocks, and they now don’t have that extra money to spend. I’m not seeing it.
Everyone is in panic mode and don't want to spend their money.

I mean wasn't China a big factor in keeping prices high on the resell market? Recently there was that high surge in everything going up on the resell market (I think like July/August 2019) but then things started coming back down and normalizing when the rockets GM sent that tweet about supporting HK. Turned off a lot of Chinese from paying resell when they were essentially treating it like stocks/crypto. Idk, maybe I'm just speaking out of my ***, but I swear it was something along those lines.

When China wants something, they don't play the offer/bid game, they just buy shoes outright. Case in point is the OW dunks. Heard China wanted the green pairs and those things reached like 1k in size 8. When they were all done buying up pairs, prices came back down and normalized. If China isn't keeping the resell market up because of the situation with the coronavirus, I can see how it can affect the resell market.

Just looking at where I'm at in Hawaii, the tourism industry is getting hit hard. The university here is forecasting that nearly 4000 workers will lose their jobs by the end of the 3rd quarter here because so much of the jobs rely on tourism. I would surely sell my whole collection at whatever price I could get in that moment if my job got cut just to pay off the bills. Not saying that's what's happening elsewhere in the US since Hawaii is a niche market with its reliance on tourism, but I can also see that if people's stocks are dipping, maybe they would rather off shoes than their stocks.

I mean wasn't China a big factor in keeping prices high on the resell market? Recently there was that high surge in everything going up on the resell market (I think like July/August 2019) but then things started coming back down and normalizing when the rockets GM sent that tweet about supporting HK. Turned off a lot of Chinese from paying resell when they were essentially treating it like stocks/crypto. Idk, maybe I'm just speaking out of my ***, but I swear it was something along those lines.

When China wants something, they don't play the offer/bid game, they just buy shoes outright. Case in point is the OW dunks. Heard China wanted the green pairs and those things reached like 1k in size 8. When they were all done buying up pairs, prices came back down and normalized. If China isn't keeping the resell market up because of the situation with the coronavirus, I can see how it can affect the resell market.

Just looking at where I'm at in Hawaii, the tourism industry is getting hit hard. The university here is forecasting that nearly 4000 workers will lose their jobs by the end of the 3rd quarter here because so much of the jobs rely on tourism. I would surely sell my whole collection at whatever price I could get in that moment if my job got cut just to pay off the bills. Not saying that's what's happening elsewhere in the US since Hawaii is a niche market with its reliance on tourism, but I can also see that if people's stocks are dipping, maybe they would rather off shoes than their stocks.
Fair and good points. I hadn’t considered the Chinese buyers/market because I didn’t realize companies like SX and GOAT shipped to other countries. Do they? From the few shoes I keep an eye on, I haven’t seen prices change much so far.

Did kids sizes ever release?

not on snkrs, but it did in the stores that carried the adult sizes

personally, I don't see why it wouldn't affect the sneaker resale market. If I was a buyer, on the brink (or in the middle of) a pandemic, the last thing on my mind would be dropping hundreds/thousands of dollars of resale on sneakers. My mindset would to make sure I'm making financially smart decisions. Like skateplayer mentioned, some people are losing jobs, some people being quarantined, some probably won't get paid if and when stores/companies shut down temporarily. Gotta keep your funds for everyday life necessities that you'll need to buy. I mean whats the point of buying a $1k sneaker if you can't even go outside to show them off lol.

not on snkrs, but it did in the stores that carried the adult sizes

personally, I don't see why it wouldn't affect the sneaker resale market. If I was a buyer, on the brink (or in the middle of) a pandemic, the last thing on my mind would be dropping hundreds/thousands of dollars of resale on sneakers. My mindset would to make sure I'm making financially smart decisions. Like skateplayer mentioned, some people are losing jobs, some people being quarantined, some probably won't get paid if and when stores/companies shut down temporarily. Gotta keep your funds for everyday life necessities that you'll need to buy. I mean whats the point of buying a $1k sneaker if you can't even go outside to show them off lol.
Also fair enough. But you guys sort of sound like you’re talking about a full-blown recession. We aren’t there. If Corona triggers one, then for sure it’s a different situation. Like I said, so far prices don’t exactly seem to be spiraling from what I see. But I’m also not sitting around really tracking it or paying super close attention, so if you’ve seen it, I’m certainly not arguing with anyone.

Back
Top Bottom