Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Yo like my man said above. Check out those OW grapes in the back.....

I love the white/red pair that are next. Especially the pre-yellowing. But gosh, why those damn circles? Pointless as heck to me.

AFE006EC-352E-4C5C-8FF7-2A71C10556AC.jpeg

So disgusting, but finally bought my replacement pair after UPS/Goat lost it in transit. At least I saved a little over 100 since prices dropped significantly over the past couple weeks. Hopefully no issues this time around.

skaterplayer808 skaterplayer808

I’m having an issue with UPS delivering a package from stock x... if you don’t mind me asking, did UPS give you a delivery date and then suddenly the delivery date changed and the shoes never arrived?

I have a pair of shoes that were supposed to arrive on Saturday but didn’t and now the delivery date is pending.

I feel like drivers deliver so many of these things that they just know what to look for. Obviously some packages are blasted with the swoosh or show that they’re from Goat or Stockx but it’s super frustrating.

I’m having an issue with UPS delivering a package from stock x... if you don’t mind me asking, did UPS give you a delivery date and then suddenly the delivery date changed and the shoes never arrived?

I have a pair of shoes that were supposed to arrive on Saturday but didn’t and now the delivery date is pending.

I feel like drivers deliver so many of these things that they just know what to look for. Obviously some packages are blasted with the swoosh or show that they’re from Goat or Stockx but it’s super frustrating.
The shoes never showed movement and was stuck at label created. I knew something was up since it was supposed to arrive like 2/27 and it was already early into March when I decided to contact. Mine was with GOAT though.

UPS drivers make over 100k a year I know cus I used to be one and they don’t be looking to steal some shoes. If they really wanted a pair they could easily buy a pair. The warehouse workers that’s a different story.

Man I wanted these so bad. This is the hardest L I have taken. I don't even like off whites (I personally think the 1s suck and if I could buy them for retail I would sell them immediately) but these were different to me. I could drop the resale price but I, in principle, refuse to pay resale on shoes when they get $100+ above retail. Can't justify paying that much for a sneaker that wasn't made to be that price.

Man I wanted these so bad. This is the hardest L I have taken. I don't even like off whites (I personally think the 1s suck and if I could buy them for retail I would sell them immediately) but these were different to me. I could drop the resale price but I, in principle, refuse to pay resale on shoes when they get $100+ above retail. Can't justify paying that much for a sneaker that wasn't made to be that price.
Man, I've got the same problem. I despise almost all of what these collabs produce, and the hype for them is a joke to me. But I wanted these because I just think they look cool as ****. Like you said, I could buy them right now and never look back. But it's the principle. I'm not paying $700 for a pair of sneakers. Not because I can't afford it, but because it's obscene to me when I know damn well that if they actually made a lot of pairs of these, half the people who care about them now wouldn't even want them.

Man, I've got the same problem. I despise almost all of what these collabs produce, and the hype for them is a joke to me. But I wanted these because I just think they look cool as ****. Like you said, I could buy them right now and never look back. But it's the principle. I'm not paying $700 for a pair of sneakers. Not because I can't afford it, but because it's obscene to me when I know damn well that if they actually made a lot of pairs of these, half the people who care about them now wouldn't even want them.
They look flimsy as hell tho. If I have a hard time paying retail for the 34 mids with that material, I sure as hell would have a hard time paying $700 for THESE. :lol:

I think wearing those OW1's is a whole other story. The swoosh end gets all messed up and the flaps start to look all flimsy if you don't lace em in. Going only by what I see in pics online. I mean those shoes are beat, but I would also hate to be super delicate wearing shoes (not to mention dropping that much on a single pair).

PS: Is there any way to even stop the yellowing on a pair of ow chi 1's? Say someone were to buy a pair, would locking it up in the closet forever, away from sunlight prevent the yellowing?

They look flimsy as hell tho. If I have a hard time paying retail for the 34 mids with that material, I sure as hell would have a hard time paying $700 for THESE. :lol:
I hear ya but I just let that go a long time ago. No matter what materials they make shoes out of, it’s all a ripoff of the highest order if we want to be real about it. Always has been once the price exceeds like $75. Nike makes things for tens of dollars regardless of whether they’re leather, synthetic leather, plastic fuse, knit, whatever. I don’t buy these things because of any sense of intrinsic value.
Same applies to most items. How much does it actually cost Rolex to make a stainless steel Daytona it sells for $12K? And that people pay upward of $18K to buy new right now on the resale market instead of having to get on a five-year waitlist for? I’d be shocked if it cost them $2K to make those things. The profit margins on all of this stuff are huge.
Truth is we buy this stuff because we think it’s cool for whatever reason. The rest is mostly bull****.

PS: Is there any way to even stop the yellowing on a pair of ow chi 1's? Say someone were to buy a pair, would locking it up in the closet forever, away from sunlight prevent the yellowing?

My DS pair is currently the same color as the day I picked them up from Nike.

I hear ya but I just let that go a long time ago. No matter what materials they make shoes out of, it’s all a ripoff of the highest order if we want to be real about it. Always has been once the price exceeds like $75. Nike makes things for tens of dollars regardless of whether they’re leather, synthetic leather, plastic fuse, knit, whatever. I don’t buy these things because of any sense of intrinsic value.
Same applies to most items. How much does it actually cost Rolex to make a stainless steel Daytona it sells for $12K? And that people pay upward of $18K to buy new right now on the resale market instead of having to get on a five-year waitlist for? I’d be shocked if it cost them $2K to make those things. The profit margins on all of this stuff are huge.
Truth is we buy this stuff because we think it’s cool for whatever reason. The rest is mostly bull****.
Yeah, but I’d rather be ripped off at 200 bucks instead of 700 bucks. :lol:

My review of these after having them and wearing them often.

1. Comfort 8/10 and not just for a J. For a J, 10/10. These are not boosts or Zoom turbo, but very comfy.

2. Materials are 9/10 no wear damage, not falling apart by any means. Holding up fine. One loose thread on the upper but it's nothing, actually adds to the destruction look. The upper material that covers the shoe is crazy. Have to feel it in hand.

3. Style 10/10 these have great versatility w the lace combos, cut a hole if you want, and my fav is the dark midsole and yellow bottom.

You don't have to stress about dirt or whatever with these. The laces are fun to swap out. Super comfy. Go with different fits.

Overall 9/10 for retail price which I hit on. My only style thing is the circle on the side of the netting, a different shape would have been cool, but whatever.

I bought 2 more just because, might flip one in a year or so, idk, I could wear these til I'm MJs age. off-white-air-jordan-5-laces-zip-tie.jpg

Last edited:
Got my pair in from stockx. I’m pretty sure they’re real but my pair came with 2 cream laces rather than a cream and a red smh. Anyone see this before?

Attachments

• 594B7650-78CA-46AA-869A-F07119D66AEE.jpeg
    594B7650-78CA-46AA-869A-F07119D66AEE.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 56032D65-D0DF-4531-BE16-EA943ED314AC.jpeg
    56032D65-D0DF-4531-BE16-EA943ED314AC.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 5AF49F96-144E-4236-B031-FE38C0BC79CC.jpeg
    5AF49F96-144E-4236-B031-FE38C0BC79CC.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 520
Back
Top Bottom