Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Wore my 2’s today. I went a half size up because that’s the deal I found but they fit perfectly because of how narrow they run. I could definitely make TTS work though if that were an aoption
E517534D-027F-469D-B808-F20E95B38EB9.jpeg
1846DFBC-4D30-4FBB-A2C7-22BBF4AC3249.jpeg

A19144E4-A22B-4DC4-BDA5-1DE21AD3F12D.jpeg

I can’t find any pics of chi 2 lows with red laces in them?

You made me realize I've never seen it either, so I had to go on a hunt.

Screenshot_20220806-015153.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-015233.jpg

Courtesy of son tagged in the upper-right corner. Disclaimer: I think they're fakes. But somehow even all of the YouTubers that seem to be all in on fakes didn't bother to try this laceswap. Everyone bought these shoes and tossed the red laces into the furthest corner of the box possible :lol:

I’ve been looking at real versus fake videos and articles on the Jordan 2 low. Seems like there’s some fakes that don’t have dotted lines under black light and it seems as if they fixed some of the text placement on the shoe. Are there any other telltale signs? Really thinking about getting a pair but the fakes are so good I’m not too sure.

I’ve been looking at real versus fake videos and articles on the Jordan 2 low. Seems like there’s some fakes that don’t have dotted lines under black light and it seems as if they fixed some of the text placement on the shoe. Are there any other telltale signs? Really thinking about getting a pair but the fakes are so good I’m not too sure.

From what I’ve seen there are 2 main batches out that might give folks trouble and the sole is what tells both apart. Both batches do a pretty bad job at recreating the cracking effect. The top pair is the fake, bottom pair is authentic. It’s got a weird tpu haze that kinda rounds out the edges that should be sharper on the “cracks”.
5841BB0D-0C47-40C9-8225-ADECC9597E6B.jpeg

For the other batch which tends to be lower quality it’ll have the same issue with midsole the other batch has but there’s another tell. There’s this ridge on authentic pairs that separates the rubber out sole from the midsole is almost non existent on the fake pair. The second picture is the fake.
F2C58136-5BC9-4E81-94EB-2E62CCEB2D96.jpeg
2C75BF63-9171-4279-B1C3-B56BDED1D5C0.jpeg

In person the reds and creams on the sole and ankle don’t match the authentic pair either.

From what I’ve seen there are 2 main batches out that might give folks trouble and the sole is what tells both apart. Both batches do a pretty bad job at recreating the cracking effect. The top pair is the fake, bottom pair is authentic. It’s got a weird tpu haze that kinda rounds out the edges that should be sharper on the “cracks”.
5841BB0D-0C47-40C9-8225-ADECC9597E6B.jpeg

For the other batch which tends to be lower quality it’ll have the same issue with midsole the other batch has but there’s another tell. There’s this ridge on authentic pairs that separates the rubber out sole from the midsole is almost non existent on the fake pair. The second picture is the fake.
F2C58136-5BC9-4E81-94EB-2E62CCEB2D96.jpeg
2C75BF63-9171-4279-B1C3-B56BDED1D5C0.jpeg

In person the reds and creams on the sole and ankle don’t match the authentic pair either.
Thank you for this post. Im worried about first pic and not being able to differentiate the cracking on fake vs authentic. It looks like both pairs have some hazy effect but the fakes its definitley a lot more noticable

Thank you for this post. Im worried about first pic and not being able to differentiate the cracking on fake vs authentic. It looks like both pairs have some hazy effect but the fakes its definitley a lot more noticable
As long as the circled portion is mostly free of the haze AND you see the visible ridge line between the midsole and the outsole you’re good. If you’re buying through a platform with authentication you’re good. The Reid aren’t good enough to pass authentication
55F0A8B2-CB9D-4589-A97E-B55EDA35B9F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom