Offical 2008 NFL draft Thread. 12PT/3ET on ESPN/NFLNetwork

pimp.gif

I could see Gholston being a beast or a bust.

But there really was no other player the Jets could have taken...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Gholston seems to me like a guy that would disappear occasionally with his hand on the ground in a 4-3 defense, but he's gonna flat out get after the QB off the edge in a 3-4...

He's a good fit for the Jets.
No doubt.

He is going to love running with a head of steam into people. I dont think he will love having to stand up as much. It is a great fit if he is used right.

He performed on the field (sporadically) as a rush DE in a 4-3....I don't see him being an effective rush LB for the jets...especially since calvin pace...the big free agent signing (sike) is nothing more than a rush lb on the other side....Jets are looking like they will struggle for years, it will be worsened if they pick gholston.
Phillips and Merriman are nothing but DE's in disguise. It can work. The question is will Mangini use them aggresively?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Mcfadden a raider..

i hope he's a bust as well..
don't be mad, cuz now the Raiders qb, rb, and wr's are better than the 9ers..... hah..... and now DMac gets to run all over Dorsey like he didin college
laugh.gif

blech....sorry Jets fans, looks like the G-MEN will continue to run NY. This pats pick is gonna be really interesting....i think they are looking to trade itto a team looking for ellis....pick up a mid 1st rounf pick, and a 2nd or third would be ideal for them.

He is going to love running with a head of steam into people. I dont think he will love having to stand up as much. It is a great fit if he is used right.
This dude will be like Merriman coming off the corner bull rushing OTs and RBs... It's a good pick, and they keep him away from New England,which you know Mangini loves...
god damn %+$@! you drunk already?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

im not too familiar with the nfl draft... why the hell are the pats getting the 7 pick?!

they went to the superbowl!!! arent the bad teams suppose to get the good players

Knowing the Pats they are probably looking at trading down. They could make a deal with the Saints, so that N.O can get Ellis before the Bengals take him.

Back
Top Bottom