Offical 2008 NFL draft Thread. 12PT/3ET on ESPN/NFLNetwork

Gholston has bust written all over him whoever picks him, Jets especially though.

He's a workout warrior, nothing else. This guy playing linebacker... it will be funny, to watch him in space.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

SEND THE JETS TO HELL!!!!!! WHY WIN WHEN YOU NEED TO TANK????
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Peep that "The Jets Draft Blunders End Today" sign.

As cold as I am on Gholston.

Going to the Jets should be a good fit for him. As long as Mangini realizes he is more Merriman then Ware and doesnt try to put him in coverage.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

As cold as I am on Gholston.

Going to the Jets should be a good fit for him. As long as Mangini realizes he is more Merriman then Ware and doesnt try to put him in coverage.
pimp.gif

Yeah, Gholston is more of a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 LB. He doesn't have those fluid hips to stay in coverage, but is an ABSOLUTE force at D-end.

Gholston seems to me like a guy that would disappear occasionally with his hand on the ground in a 4-3 defense, but he's gonna flat out get after the QBoff the edge in a 3-4...

He's a good fit for the Jets.

eek.gif
6 picks are gonna be done before 3:45....GREAT pace to the draft...in years past, 6 picks woulda taken 2 hours
laugh.gif

He performed on the field (sporadically) as a rush DE in a 4-3....I don't see him being an effective rush LB for the jets...especially since calvinpace...the big free agent signing (sike) is nothing more than a rush lb on the other side....Jets are looking like they will struggle for years, it will beworsened if they pick gholston.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Gholston seems to me like a guy that would disappear occasionally with his hand on the ground in a 4-3 defense, but he's gonna flat out get after the QB
off the edge in a 3-4...

He's a good fit for the Jets.

Possibly. Similar to a Merriman. I wish him the best of luck honestly. I wanna see him get off like Freeney or Peppers. I read a lot about him and from what Igather, he seems like another really good kid.

Back
Top Bottom