Offical 2008 NFL draft Thread. 12PT/3ET on ESPN/NFLNetwork

Originally Posted by allen3xis

So Michael Smith reports Rams to take Chris Long....

TigerWoods.jpg

I swear...if these dumb $#%% take Ryan over Dorsey, I'm gonna get banned. Probably get thrown out of my apartment for causing damage to theproperty...might get arrested.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

<< Bright Lights, Big City
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Momma McFadden isn't feeling that at all.
laugh.gif

Alright, Cowboys fans, final answer: Where do you go with these picks today?

22 - Corner if Jenkins, Talib, or Rogers-Cromartie are available; Felix Jones if not
28 - Trade down for one of Atlanta's early second round picks and take Kenny Phillips; get additional late-round pick(s)
61 - Receiver (or running back if we don't get Jones at 22)

I know it won't go like that.
laugh.gif

I just can't overlook this secondary. McFadden would be great; trading for Roy Williams would be great, but neither of them can cover receivers.

If I knew for a fact that Pacman would be ready to go from day one and we snagged one of the corners I named at 22, I'd say go ahead and trade 27 for Williams or Anquan Boldin because you could move Anthony Henry to safety with three sure corners in place.

With 22 I say we take either Felix Jones or Acquib Talib, and with the 27th pick I just don't know.

I heard the talk of trading that pick to get Williams or even Boldin but I'm still iffy with that.

Maybe we could get Chad from Cincy.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Falcons picks...we got 11 of 'em.

Just don't draft Matt Ryan...
ohwell.gif

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]3 (3)[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]3 (34)[/td] [td]From Oakland[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]6 (37)[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]17 (48)[/td] [td]From Houston[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]5 (68)[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]35 (98)[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]4 (103)[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]3 (138)[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]6 (172)[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]5 (212)[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]25 (232)[/td] [td]From Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][/table]
Glenn Dorsey's cornbread fed #+## needs to stay in the deep south!

I'd like Antoine Cason/ Kenny Philips in the 2nd Round..

Maybe a smokescreen....but....

[h2]by Jay Glazer[/h2]
Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and also appears every week on FOX NFL Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

[h3]Updated: April 26, 2008, 11:22 AM EST 1 comment[/h3]add this RSS blog email print

The top half of the draft is starting to take shape.

[h3] [/h3]
[table][tr][td]
7264556_36_6.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h4]What's Hot:[/h4] Top stories | Rumors | Video | Photos

The St. Louis Rams will select Virginia defensive end Chris Long with the second pick of the draft if they are not blown away by a trade offer, team sourcestold FOXSports.com.

Also, Falcons sources said that they will select Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan in the No. 3 spot. Injury concerns with Glenn Dorseyturned Atlanta away from the LSU defensive tackle.

It appears the top three picks are locked in, provided no trades occur. Several teams, though, are looking to make deals.

FOXSports.com has also learned the New Orleans Saints have been in talks with the Raiders and Chiefs among others to trade up in an effort to land Dorsey.They are not offering a player, only draft picks to make the move.

The Jets, who had Chris Long as their top-rated player, now have their sights on Darren McFadden, if he's still on the board at No. 6. And the Chiefs,who also had Chris Long as their selection, are now looking to move out of the No. 5 spot.

Michael Smith needs to chill...

We don't need to know the whole first round....leave some excitement.

3 PM cannot get here soon enough but seriously this is getting annoying. Dolphins have already announced their pick with Jake Long, Rams have announced ChrisLong, Falcons will most likely be taking Matt Ryan, and Michael Smith just announced the Raiders will be taking Darren McFadden. At this rate the whole top 10will be announced before the damn thing even starts.

As a Raiders fan I would like to trade down... too bad that will never happen.

I really want Long with the 4th pick, but if he's not there, Glenn Dorsey/Darren McFadden will be more than great

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

3 PM cannot get here soon enough but seriously this is getting annoying. Dolphins have already announced their pick with Jake Long, Rams have announced Chris Long, Falcons will most likely be taking Matt Ryan, and Michael Smith just announced the Raiders will be taking Darren McFadden. At this rate the whole top 10 will be announced before the damn thing even starts.

and the worse part is....all these teams are probably going to use all 10 mins like they are actually gonna do something
laugh.gif

Wait a second, did I miss something?
Michael Smith already told us the Rams will take Chris Long, the Falcons will take Matt Ryan, and the Raiders will take McFadden?
When did this happen

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Wait a second, did I miss something?
Michael Smith already told us the Rams will take Chris Long, the Falcons will take Matt Ryan, and the Raiders will take McFadden?
When did this happen

Over the past hour.

However I'd still be surprised if it went down exactly that way....there's gota be smoke with one of these 3

i think Matt Ryan is going to be trash in the league. dude is AVERAGE at best.
Best QB in this draft is Joe Flacco and somebody is going to get a steal with him in the 2nd round.

[h1]Cowboys trade Fasano, Ayodele to Dolphins[/h1]
[h2]by Jay Glazer[/h2]
Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and also appears every week on FOX NFL Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

[h3]Updated: April 26, 2008, 8:24 AM EST 510 comments[/h3]add this RSS blog email print

The Miami Dolphins have their first-round pick in offensive lineman Jake Long, but that doesn't mean their work is done.

[h3] [/h3]
[table][tr][td]
7264556_36_6.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
[h4]What's Hot:[/h4] Top stories | Rumors | Video | Photos

FOXSports.com has learned that the Dolphins have struck a deal with the Cowboys for tight end Anthony Fasano and linebacker Akin Ayodele.

In exchange for the two players, the Dolphins sent a fourth-round pick to the Cowboys, according to a report on the Dallas Morning News Web site.

When contacted, Fasano confirmed the trade, but details are still being gathered.

In two seasons with the Cowboys, Fasano caught 28 passes for 269 yards and one touchdown.

Ayodele played four seasons with the Jaguars before signing with the Cowboys in 2006. He had his best year in Jacksonville in 2003, recording 113 tackles, one sack and two interceptions. For his career, he has made 469 tackles, 9.5 sacks, eight forced fumbles and five interceptions.

[h1]Saints close to getting Shockey from Giants[/h1]
[h2]by Jay Glazer[/h2]

[h3]Updated: April 26, 2008, 10:32 AM EST 36 comments[/h3]add this RSS blog email print

The New Orleans Saints are trying to land tight end Jeremy Shockey and have offered what could be enough to get the deal done.

[h3]2008 NFL Draft[/h3]​
[table][tr][td]
8074150_36_1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
[h4]Draft tool kit[/h4] [h4]Analysis[/h4] [h4]Sights and sounds[/h4]
FOXSports.com has learned that New Orleans early this week offered the Giants a second-round pick in today's draft as well as either a sixth-rounder this year or a fifth in 2009 to get the deal sealed. Despite reports to the contrary, the deal has been on the table for quite some time and remains available today.

The Giants wanted a second-rounder as well as safety Roman Harper but the Saints were reluctant to make that move.

Shockey has told several friends he wanted to join Drew Brees and Co. and was hoping the deal got done by the time the draft began.

come on now i donty wanna know anymore ... i still believe jerry jones will do some borderline idiotic !*#% before its said and done ... and any of the highpicks can get traded still

Why don't they just start the draft already? This whole 3e time is dumb. Dolphins already have their pick, Rams and Falcons reportedly have theirs as well.Raiders on the clock.

Im on West Coast time and I cant stand this... I feel for all you EST coasters...

I cant stand this coverage and all this reporting of whos going where. NOT ENOUGH MEL!!!

Too much merril hoge and the other dudes, its Mel's day
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DLo, you good on bond money? I might have a few bucks to lend you for commisary.. I doubt we'll be the only ones in there for the same reason.
laugh.gif

I'm seriously gonna be done with the draft if we take that fruit at #3

Goodell you stupid ugly ******ed *expletive*, change the time back to noon. This draft is assbags!

Falcons could've got Dorsey at #3 then would look at Brian Brohm in da 2nd round if he was available.

If I was Dimitroff I'd take that approach.

Back
Top Bottom