Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Melo with 50 tonight. CP got anything to say?
Yeah, watch out for Minnesota Carmelo.
wink.gif
roll.gif

So um, what is Portland's record now since Roy had Andre moved out of the starting lineup?
nerd.gif

Damn, I wanna face Toronto now after seeing all the points they give up, Kobe has that chance to go for 100.
laugh.gif

I thought Wade had the Celts last night. Damn.

Is it me, or does everyone go crazy at Madison Square these days? Orlando lookin like a scrimmage yesterday.

The pressure is going to build and build on who the first team to lose to the Nets is.

Anybody got a guess? I'm thinkin a team that has them on the second of a back to back in Jersey could be a candidate. I'm too lazy to look up theschedule but how far we lookin here? Just another game or two, or is this goin to go on a while?

I don't even wanna think about the fallout from the team that let's it happen. Damn near more pressure on those teams then there is with the Nets.

VS DAL
VS CHA
@ NYK
@ CHI
VS GSW
@ IND
@ ATL
@ CLE
VS UTAH
@ TOR
VS LAL
VS MIN
VS HOU
VS OKC
VS NYK

Relatively light schedule, but if they don't win by the time they head to IND, it could be a long cold winter.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

VS DAL
VS CHA
@ NYK
@ CHI
VS GSW
@ IND
@ ATL
@ CLE
VS UTAH
@ TOR
VS LAL
VS MIN
VS HOU
VS OKC
VS NYK

Relatively light schedule, but if they don't win by the time they head to IND, it could be a long cold winter.

What are the dates though? Need to know.......eh, nevermind, it wouldn't show which of these would be a back to back scenario.

Well, if they don't get the Knicks, I could see the slide drop all the way down to Minnesota again.......

Maybe, MAYBE I could see them get the Pacers. But Granger alone should be enough to see hell with this and own the 4th quarter if it got close.

i see the knicks losing to em.
they were close the last time they played, and devin was out that game i believe. cdr too?
it'll be a damn shame if we're the first team to lose to them. g8 is going to go bonkers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

VS DAL (12/2)
VS CHA (12/4)
@ NYK (12/6)
@ CHI (12/
glasses.gif

VS GSW (12/9)
@ IND (12/11)
@ ATL (12/13)
@ CLE (12/15)
VS UTAH (12/16)
@ TOR (12/18)
VS LAL (12/19)
VS MIN (12/23)
VS HOU (12/26)
VS OKC (12/28)
VS NYK (12/30)

What are the dates though? Need to know.......eh, nevermind, it wouldn't show which of these would be a back to back scenario.

Well, if they don't get the Knicks, I could see the slide drop all the way down to Minnesota again.......

Maybe, MAYBE I could see them get the Pacers. But Granger alone should be enough to see hell with this and own the 4th quarter if it got close.
Brat.
laugh.gif

VS DAL
VS CHA
@ NYK
@ CHI
VS GSW
@ IND
@ ATL
@ CLE
VS UTAH
@ TOR
VS LAL
VS MIN
VS HOU
VS OKC
VS NYK

as long as its not my Bulls im good

The Nets can either beat the Knicks on the 6th or The T-Wolves on the 23rd but if they don't win either of those..after that....
roll.gif

That Memphis-Clips game was TERRIBLE.
smh.gif

Good for them (Mem) though.
laugh.gif

Denver. Are you kidding me losing to the Wolves?
indifferent.gif

Bogut is the real MVP of the Bucks. And Ilyasova is MIP for them.

And did anyone see Charlie V smash his face up after he fell into Big Ben's chest/abs??
eek.gif

Like, he literally fell forwad and smacked his face into Ben's torso.
Son is out with a broken nose now.

451d6a55a4f9930a8f6f40f445047fc2-getty-90041071ae017pistons_hawks.jpg

80c4455d455b5c6f1b54072865ea7bbe-getty-90041071ae012pistons_hawks.jpg

-the bulls are killing me, i see we going to start that play horrible to start the year and catch fire 2nd half of the season YET AGAIN

-i see Andrew Bogut starting to live up to that number 1 pick hype

^
Yeah I mentioned Bogut earlier in this thread a few weeks ago and then the next day he was out for 2 weeks.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Anyone catch what Boozer is up too lately?
eek.gif
Utah is playin right rightnow. People sleep on them and they gonna get crushed.

Monta is back to normal. If that Warriors team ever gets 10 guys in a uniform at the same time, maybe they can get goin in the right direction.

JO back in Portland tonight, I wanna see how Oden does against him, see how that looks. If Portland loses this game, Roy will start to catch looks frompeople. (people ='s CP)
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Dallas hangin on for dear life vs Philly. That 4-5 seed is waiting for ya'll. Get comfy. Make me proud.

So I was wrong, I predicted the Suns in that 8-9 range. They appear to be back to their regular season winning ways before they bow out in the second roundper their destiny mandated lives, so I wonder now. Both Mike and I said that Amare would get dealt at the deadline with them not in contention. Well, do theykeep him now and try again to make a futile run? Essentially losing him for sure in the offseason with nothing in return and Nash another year older nextseason? Or do they move him still and maybe give up on losing in the second round to lose in the first round? This is very very interesting to me. Kerr isin a tough spot right here.

So LeBron is upset with Mike Brown for not playing Z to allow him to break the franchise record in games played.

nerd.gif

Hibbert_Roy_ind.jpg
Pacers coach Jim O'Brien wants to settle on a rotation by the time the team returns from a four-game road trip on Sunday.

With some of the team's injured players returning to health, it's a good problem for O'Brien to have.

He is taking a serious look at using Jeff Foster as his starting center over second-year option Roy Hibbert.

"I have to decide whether Jeff should be the guy that starts for us," O'Brien said. "He's so successful in the plus/minus (category) all the time."

O'Brien started Foster Monday against Golden State because Hibbert has issues guarding more athletic centers.

"He's so successful in the plus/minus (category) all the time."

he must be joking.
Hibbert has issues guarding more athletic centers.

why was he drafted to play on this uptempo team in the first place
indifferent.gif

Where would Amare go if he got traded? If they could get some pieces in return to keep the momentum of a push for home court then go for it.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Did you watch him play last night?
Of course a huge center is going to struggle against a team that's filled with perimeter shooters or guys who are faster than lightning, Idon't blame him for being ineffective last night.

well, foul trouble is still a problem..but..no young 7'2 player solves that without minutes.

This genius factoring in Golden State when previosuly Roy went for 16, 9 and 4 with 2 blocks in a win against them already this year.

Every game he was on the floor 30 minutes this year he's gone for a double double.

I mean Jeff Foster vs a 23 year old big man you took in the first round who has shown ability...shouldn't be much of a choice.

Not letting young guys play and grow is not just a Jim O'Brien problem, thought. It's league wide.

It's ridiculous though.

A) A relatively old man who outside of rebounding, doesn't do a whole terrible lot.

B) A young, huge defensive threat who can get his points, block/alter shots, AND rebound...

It's because Jeff Foster is white I'm telling you.

No really though, seeing Foster start baffles me.

The only time Roy SHOULDN'T be getting minutes is if he's in foul trouble, or he's just exhausted.

Don't waste his career..
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom