Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

[h1]Atlanta Hawks A-Town Dancer on Naughty America[/h1]
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Brandy Blair, a former Atlanta Hawks Dancer, stars in a new scene to be featured on the popular Naughty America site My Wife's Hot Friend. Blair's first scene for Naughty America will be released on November 20th, 2009.

Blair's dream of moving to Los Angeles was finally brought to life when her contract with the Hawks ended four months ago. Soon after arriving on the west coast, she was at a test shoot for Playboy Magazine when she met her current agent in the adult entertainment industry.

"I've always been pretty open minded," said Blair, "even though I had always been reserved sexually, I thought I'd give it a try."

Blair continued, "I had never even posed nude before, and all of the sudden I saw this whole other side of myself that I had never seen. It has been a very liberating experience."

With her extensive dance training she has adapted nicely in the adult industry. She is very aware of her body, her movements, and her camera angles.

Recently Blair's profession has been leaked to her old fans and family. On November 18th she was identified as a star in the adult entertainment world by a local radio station in Georgia. With the news leaked she was happy to find that many of her family and friends were supportive and their response was very positive.

Now that she has made her first few scenes for the top websites in "The Biz" a new fan base has developed. Blair is more than excited to see where this new career takes her.

"Brandy Blair is one of the new stars to watch in the industry," says Dallas Lowe of Naughty America, "featuring her on Naughty America is quite exciting and we are proud to have her."

In the near future, Blair plans to create her own website and begin feature dancing very soon. "I'm doing this because I love it. I'm happy and I'm proud to show my work," said Blair.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Old news now. And maybe I missed it, but was this even posted?
LOS ANGELES -- Clippers longtime play-by-play announcer Ralph Lawler and color analyst Michael Smith were suspended one game by the Fox Sports Prime Ticket cable network for their comments about Memphis center Hamed Haddadi.

Lawler and Smith made their off-the-cuff comments about the Iranian-born center during Wednesday night's telecast from Memphis. The on-air banter offended a viewer who e-mailed Fox to complain.

The duo did not work Friday's night telecast against the Denver Nuggets at Staples Center. Michael Eaves and Don MacLean, who regularly serve as halftime and postgame analysts on the Clippers telecasts, substituted for Lawler and Smith at courtside.

"That's unfortunate. It was pretty strange not seeing them there," Clippers point guard Baron Davis said after the 106-99 victory. "Ralph and Mike are very classy guys, and they didn't do it to hurt anyone.

"A lot of times when you're commenting on games, it's a source of entertainment. And a lot of times, people may take offense. But the viewers need to understand that it's entertainment, and people are entitled to their opinion. I stand by Ralph and Mike because they're great guys and they only want to support and help everybody in the league."

Lawler, 71, is in his 31st season doing Clippers games, and Smith is in his 12th. Lawler has surpassed 2,400 regular season and playoff Clippers broadcasts in his career, according to the team's Web site.

"We regret the remarks made by Clippers announcers Michael Smith and Ralph Lawler during Wednesday's telecast," Fox said in a statement about 2½ hours before the game. "While we believe that Michael and Ralph did not intend their exchange to be offensive, the comments were inappropriate.

"We extend our apologies to Hamed Haddadi of the Memphis Grizzlies and to anyone who was offended. We have addressed the situation with Michael and Ralph and have taken appropriate action."

The Clippers did not comment.

The transcript of the conversation between Lawler and Smith, which occurred late in the game, was printed on the Los Angeles Times' Web site:

Smith: "Look who's in."

Lawler: "Hamed Haddadi. Where's he from?"

Smith: "He's the first Iranian to play in the NBA." (Smith pronounced Iranian as "Eye-ranian," a pronunciation that offended the viewer who complained.)

Lawler: "There aren't any Iranian players in the NBA," repeating Smith's mispronunciation.

Smith: "He's the only one."

Lawler: "He's from Iran?"

Smith: "I guess so."

Lawler: "That Iran?"

Smith: "Yes."

Lawler: "The real Iran?"

Smith: "Yes."

Lawler: "Wow. Haddadi that's H-A-D-D-A-D-I."

Smith: "You're sure it's not Borat's older brother?"

Smith: "If they ever make a movie about Haddadi, I'm going to get Sacha Baron Cohen to play the part."

Lawler: "Here's Haddadi. Nice little back-door pass. I guess those Iranians can pass the ball."

Smith: "Especially the post players.

Lawler: "I don't know about their guards."

Towfighi, who says he is a Clippers season-ticket holder and who was born in Boston to Iranian parents, e-mailed his complaint Thursday night.

On Friday, Towfighi, vice president and assistant general counsel for Univision Communications Inc., in L.A., said his goal was not to demand any punishment for Lawler and Smith but to, he said, "Highlight the issue that a lot of folks wouldn't consider saying such things about African Americans or Hispanics but because this was an Iranian player it just flowed more easily."

Towfighi said he shooed his 8-year-old son out of the room before replaying the exchange.

"I didn't want my son to hear that," Towfighi said.

Later Friday, Towfighi said he had received a call from Fox apologizing for the comments and said he was satisfied with the response.

In a scheduling quirk, on Nov. 29 the Clippers are hosting Memphis and promoting Haddadi's appearance with "Iranian Heritage Day," offering fans a chance to meet him before the 12:30 p.m. game, get his autograph and an 8-by-10 photo of the rookie center.

Cyrus Hadavi, a member of the Alliance of Iranian Americans in L.A., said he was left "kind of speechless. In this day and age, why would someone say something like this? Were they trying to offend a whole nation?"

It must be my birthday today......

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

bynum%20poll.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Even Ohio picked Bynum.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Golden St still > Dallas in case anyone was unsure. I know I know, Dallas was without Marion and Howard, and Golden St was without half their team andtheir coach. Good win no matter what for G St. Minutes by the ton for Monta, Curry, Morrow, and Randolph. That's good stuff. And maybe they canincrease Monta's trade value with inflated numbers.

Thunder......every game they look closer and closer. BHZ, your thoughts?

NJ.
tired.gif
Hang in there ya'll. Devin and Lopez will get it goin,they'll get you some wins.

Jamison was hurt right?
eek.gif
God damn he on fire right now. Gil shouldthink about being quiet now.

Ya'll read Daily Dime and see they placed the Hawks ahead of the Cavs for projected playoff seedings?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Hmmmmmmm, maybe I was wrong. Maybe it IS my birthday and I just didn't know.
laugh.gif

Portland radio last night a couple of the local hosts were getting frustrated with the Blazers, and more specifically, Brandon Roy.
eek.gif
eek.gif

It appears, that Roy was a little unhappy with Miller and Blake both in the starting lineup and Roy not having the ball enough. So Nate has conceded, andmoved Miller back to the bench. They talked about how last season the Rockets said it was easier to guard the Blazers becasue they knew that Roy would alwayshave the ball and nobody else could create their own shot. (failry accurate, some of the Blazers can make a play once or twice, but none of them can go at ateam all night without being fed the ball over and over.)

So they tried to get Hedo to be a guy to play off Roy and create, that didn't work, they tried to get Milsap to at least have someone who could do work inthe post, that fell thru, and they ended up with Miller, who can create off the dribble, can hit open guys and or feed them for shots. And now Roy is cryingabout it. Awesome.
laugh.gif
Mr Wonderful has a few cracks in the ol armor itseems. They're going to go to the playoffs the exact same way, with the ball in Roy's hands and 4 other guys waiting for the ball and when they do getit, they won't be able to break their man down and they'll force up contested shots. Sweet.

It all hinges on eitehr Oden or Lamarcus learning to get dirty in the paint and do work on other teams. Awesome.
pimp.gif
roll.gif

I emailed the host of the show to see if he has anything in terms of links or anything he can find that might speak on the situation. I couldn't findanything. All I did find was an article that states that Brandon Roy doesn't go out onto the court during the national anthem.
eek.gif
That's odd, I never noticed that before. He said it's no biggie, hejust wants a moment to himself before games. Fair enough, but I wonder if people catch on, will it get made a big deal later.

Ya'll be on the lookout for me, see if you find anything, post it up in here. I wanna see what's goin on. If I find anything, rest assured, it'llbe posted.
happy.gif
laugh.gif

"I feel like we tried it (the three-guard lineup), and you could say it worked at times, but me sacrificing hurt the team, so it should get back to me playing full-out and getting some other guys in other areas to sacrifice a little bit," Roy said.

The team went 7-2 during the stretch with 3 guards.

I'm sorta stunned really. Roy is a good kid, but I'm not sure what the deal is right here. But this don't sound right.

i thought the 3 guard line up worked as well. but roy's production has def. taken a dip.
i say keep it blake and roy in the backcourt for the sake of my fantasy team
laugh.gif

why doesnt nate try out miller+roy in the backcourt though?
and i always thought roy was a good kid as well...maybe that bargaining during the offseason sparked some feelings
laugh.gif

I mean, I just really don't get the quote, "get some other guys in other areas to sacrifice a little bit"

Why? They were winning just fine. They paid Miller his money too, Oden is playing better, LA is fine, Martell is back, Rudy is improved a little, why do theyneed to sacrifice a little?

Strange. See how it plays out, but strange.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I saw Oden with a big game last night, I expected to see his thread dug out and brought to page one............I wasn't let down.
laugh.gif

7 and 7 in his next game, book it.
18/8/4.
smile.gif

Good job Jim, you realized not starting Hibbert was a mistake, and put him back in there. Jeff Foster will get you whatever you want regardless of starting ornot, Big Hibb won't.

Kaman, Nene, and Bynum better be the only ones getting votes in the West this year. Two of those three better be in the ASG, if not it's a damn travesty.

Dahntay still finds away to get his points, even if he has to chuck 19 shots,
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Charlotte playing a lot better basketball since Jackson came into town, yet I have not seen him play yet, he could still be jacking up shots for all I know.Quite surprising to see Nazr playing good. It looks like DJ is going to get lost in the shuffle of guards in Charlotte, a damn shame too.

Toronto is so damn inconsistent, some nights they look like they could be a really good team in the East, then others they look flat as all hell. Whenthey're off, they have no shot of winning basketball games because unlike some teams, they don't play defense, and if they are off and can't playdefense, you can't win.

As much angst as I still have for the Heat, it's good to see them playing better. I don't know about that tip-in tonight, I'm questionable on that,but regardless, JO is playing well. Beasley is getting consistent, James Jones is healthy, Wade is Wade, and Haslem is adjusting to his new role very well.Great win tonight over one of the best in the League.

Speaking of the Magic, hell of a game from Jason, but missing FT's late = recipe for disaster. Vince hit a big one, but Pietrus/Shard shooting a combined6/26 won't get you too far. Ryan Anderson still playing well, so that's nice to see. I wonder how Brandon Bass is enjoying his new role of sitting onthe bench for the entire game?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why the hell is Jonas Jerebko starting for the Pistons, since when has he been any good? Why not start Maxiell or hell even Daye.

Way for New Orleans not to fade into oblivion while Paul was out. 4 out of their past 5 will keep em above water for now. Hopefully Houston or OKC can slide sothat they'll get a Playoff seed this year. As things stand now, Utah/SAS are tied for 8th (although Utah owns the tie breaker I believe), and New Orleansis 10th and a game back from those two. Going to be interesting to see which teams can climb up with LAL/PHO/DEN/DAL, and which are going to struggle to stayin the Playoff hunt for the rest of the season.

So how the hell do you win your first game, and then lose 14 straight? Damn Minny,
sick.gif
. Yall don't miss Love THAT much do you?
laugh.gif

Jason Terry and Tim Thomas were on fire tonight, although TT was feeling himself a little too much, he played great minutes for us. I haven't seen JET thaton in a LONG time. The entire team looked ON tonight (except for Marion, who was hobbling around a bit). If you would have told me Tim Thomas would have 23points in a game this year I would have laughed in your face. Way to go Mavs, way to bounce back.
pimp.gif

Is Keith Smart going to run Monta into the ground? As long as the Warriors stay close in games, it seems like it.

I feel bad for the Nets.
frown.gif
Poor Devin.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I mean, I just really don't get the quote, "get some other guys in other areas to sacrifice a little bit"

Why? They were winning just fine. They paid Miller his money too, Oden is playing better, LA is fine, Martell is back, Rudy is improved a little, why do they need to sacrifice a little?

Strange. See how it plays out, but strange.
Obviously, they would rather have Martell Webster or Travis Outlaw or even Nicolas Batum guard the best perimeter player than for Brandon Roy todo it. It worked last year too. With Outlaw and Batum out, the Blazers should have someone better like Miller come off the bench and provide some spark withFernandez. However, I think in the long long run, Miller should get the starting PG position when everyone is healthy.

Heats can't contend until they get someone else to go with Wade. O'Neal is just washed up, kind of sad to watch because he just has no explosivenessand just has to keep shooting jumpers.
Beasley needs more touches for sure, and I forgot how good of a rebounder he is.

Magic are so talented, but they just seem to fall asleep during the game at times then just turn it on. Not that it matters-it's the regular season, but ifthey do that %%%$ in the playoffs they'll get bounced.

And CP, thinking the same thing about Bass. He looked miserable.

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

Heats can't contend until they get someone else to go with Wade. O'Neal is just washed up, kind of sad to watch because he just has no explosiveness and just has to keep shooting jumpers.
Beasley needs more touches for sure, and I forgot how good of a rebounder he is.
JO is doing what he needs to do... he doesnt need to be a main scorer on a team anymore... all we need him to do is a be a 15/10 guy.. and thatswhat he has been bringing.... hell he just had a 13/16 last night... i do believe that we need AI to help the load of shooting while wade is on the bench... AIand bealsey can def put up points while on the floor together

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Heats can't contend until they get someone else to go with Wade. O'Neal is just washed up, kind of sad to watch because he just has no explosiveness and just has to keep shooting jumpers.
JO is doing what he needs to do... he doesnt need to be a main scorer on a team anymore... all we need him to do is a be a 15/10 guy.. and thats what he has been bringing.... hell he just had a 13/16 last night... i do believe that we need AI to help the load of shooting while wade is on the bench... AI and bealsey can def put up points while on the floor together
Yea but JO isn't the second scoring threat you need. He used to be that, but until the heat find a guy like that. Same team as last year

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

JO is doing what he needs to do... he doesnt need to be a main scorer on a team anymore... all we need him to do is a be a 15/10 guy.. and thats what he has been bringing.... hell he just had a 13/16 last night... i do believe that we need AI to help the load of shooting while wade is on the bench... AI and bealsey can def put up points while on the floor together
Yea but JO isn't the second scoring threat you need. He used to be that, but until the heat find a guy like that. Same team as last year
beasley can be the 2nd scoring threat... its just that the coach wont let beasley off the leash yet.... on paper we are the same team.. but doyou know how many players were on the team for the 1st time last year? this year is the same team but with more chemistry...

Back
Top Bottom