Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by CP1708

Chester ain't been in here for a grip now.  Someone should ask around see if dude ok.  Get Fizzy or someone to see if they talked to him in a while. 

I'm out til Tuesday, we'll know who's in the finals by then, hope Yuku is improved by then so we can get back to normal in here.  Twitter just ain't the same. 
laugh.gif
No mobile phone man? Jeez...

CP going to be one of those old 40 yr old grumpy men finding his way into an internet cafe or community college library just to go on the computer to talk on forums.

laugh.gif

Mobile phone? 
laugh.gif
  I got a Verizon LG 6100.  Does that count? 
nerd.gif

Ya'll wonder why I talk @#$% about your damn teams. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yall remember when kobe and ray allen had beef?

i was looking up the story again, and its funny how what Ray allen said was exactly true, and what happened years later.
Allen predicted that the Lakers would not be nearly as successful with their current roster and that that would eventually make Bryant frustrated.

"If Kobe doesn't see that he needs two and a half good players on this team to be a legitimate playoff contender and maybe win a championship, in about a year or two he will be calling out to (Lakers owner) Jerry Buss that we need some help in here, or trade me. We'll all be saying we told you so when he says that."

that was in 2004

That was brought up when Kobe demanded to get traded in 2007.

And word is Turkoglu sent his lawyer to Toronto to demand a trade.
laugh.gif

The pragmatic Suns weren't ashamed to do whatever they could to extend their conference final, and they've created a new awareness for the zone's potential. This is a copy-cat league and I bet we'll see more of the zone next season, which will lead to offenses responding with more ball movement and dribble-drive penetration (the latter is being sold by coaching candidate John Calipari).

Now consider this: Commissioner David Stern told me in December that the league will consider doing away with the three-second limit on defenders in the lane, which would result in a European approach to team defense based on zone principles. Styles and strategies will continue to grow.
Don't know if this was already posted, but it looks like taking Thabeet in the draft may pay dividends for the Grizz if this happens.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

The pragmatic Suns weren't ashamed to do whatever they could to extend their conference final, and they've created a new awareness for the zone's potential. This is a copy-cat league and I bet we'll see more of the zone next season, which will lead to offenses responding with more ball movement and dribble-drive penetration (the latter is being sold by coaching candidate John Calipari).

Now consider this: Commissioner David Stern told me in December that the league will consider doing away with the three-second limit on defenders in the lane, which would result in a European approach to team defense based on zone principles. Styles and strategies will continue to grow.
Don't know if this was already posted, but it looks like taking Thabeet in the draft may pay dividends for the Grizz if this happens.
laugh.gif

It should be like college where you can run whatever defense and offense you want to as long as there's 5 guys on the court. Those illegal defense and 3-second techs are annoying and beat up the flow of the game. If they got rid of D3, it'd be like the charge semi-circle down low: a good idea.

"Max Contract" had 36 rebounds in the biggest series of his life.

"Lucky" Lamar got 36 rebounds in the first 3 games, then went on to add 10, then 13, and then 12 more.  Total, 71 rebounds. 

Off the bench. 

Pau Gasol had 43.

Injured Andrew Bynum playing about half the time got 34 boards. 

Guard Kobe Bryant had 43 rebounds as well. 

Stat (Max Contract) had 36 you say? 

Someone get Stat that Max Contract he deserves.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Have a nice summer @#$%^

CP1708 wrote:
"Max Contract" had 36 rebounds in the biggest series of his life.

"Lucky" Lamar got 36 rebounds in the first 3 games, then went on to add 10, then 13, and then 12 more.  Total, 71 rebounds. 

Off the bench. 

Pau Gasol had 43.

Injured Andrew Bynum playing about half the time got 34 boards. 

Guard Kobe Bryant had 43 rebounds as well. 

Stat (Max Contract) had 36 you say? 

Someone get Stat that Max Contract he deserves.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Have a nice summer @#$%^

Stop it...LA just won and you come in for the hate....
smh.gif

Kiddin, earlier today all I got to listen too was Blazer radio talkin about what they would need to give up to land Chris Paul. 
laugh.gif

Let me put it this way, they wouldn't let Roy, LA, Oden go, or even Batum.  If N.O. asked for Batum, they would all say no.  For Chris Paul. 
roll.gif

They would however, offer you Andre Miller, Joel Pryz, Martell, and Rudy.  They would give you those guys for Paul.  Think about it. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

As much as it pains me to say this, props to the Lakers.

Lakers v. Celtics finals rematch.
pimp.gif

My disdain for the Lakers makes me a temporary Celtics fans but I wouldn't mind seeing Ron-Ron get a ring.

Hopefully it's a good series

%@%% $@+! GOD DAMMIT %$@!$#*%#+@@ %@*%@@@!%# PIECE OF $@+! about 16 hours ago via Social Beat
%@%% the dirty, teammate murdering, point shaving, sexual assaulting, Yellow $$+ Faker color wearing Scum Devils. about 11 hours ago via web
Our team doesn't have an enforcer. Someone that you don't want to F with out of fear you'd die. We need that. about 13 hours ago via web
I think Gentry should have gone after Rapist one on one and not left $@+! bags like Artest open to beat us. So what if Rapist scores 40? about 13 hours ago via web
Hey @SashaVujacic You are a worthless pile of $@+!. Nobody in the USA likes you. Nobody in Slovenia likes you. You should quit life. about 13 hours ago via web
OMG Just saw the Kendry Morales highlight. OK, I'm not one to laugh at an injury (unless its Kobe) but that was pretty bad about 15 hours ago via web
smokin.gif

Hollinger picked the Lakers to win the series this time
sick.gif

Ugh, I wish Thursday was here already, can't take all this waiting.

Hollinger tryin that reverse jinx thing that Simmons will try as well. 
laugh.gif

Gonna be a dicey 3 weeks comin up. 

Anyone remember someone tellin Allen that Kobe's long range shooting would improve once he started playing on the perimeter again and not on the block like he was in the early season?  Allen laughed in that dude's face and said that was ridiculous.  Hmmmmm

Been a tough year for Allen. 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mobile phone? 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
LG0VX6100.jpg

are you kidding me CP? this phone is like 7 years old, i had that crap back WAYYYY back

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Hollinger picked the Lakers to win the series this time
sick.gif

Ugh, I wish Thursday was here already, can't take all this waiting.
yeah i saw that...hmmmmmm hes probably trying to put a jinx on us well he did choose the celts to win 2 years ago

laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
@zodogg...i still cant believe this dude would call us Laker fans classless when he would wish injury 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Mobile phone? 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
LG0VX6100.jpg

are you kidding me CP? this phone is like 7 years old, i had that crap back WAYYYY back

roll.gif

That'd be it.  Camera don't work no more, battery lasts for like 2 hours if that, yup, that's me.  It calls and it texts, rest don't matter.  
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  @ Mike gettin a pic of it and posting. 

FYI, I'm lookin into the new Droids.  Anyone have one of those?  They solid or still a lot of bugs to work out? 

The Droid Incredible is NICE CP. I'm going to pick one up when my New Every Two kicks in.

ZoDogg34 I really thought I'd be tweeting about the Suns in the
Finals today *breaks down crying like a 2 year old*
35 minutes ago via mobile web

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
No he didn't

Back
Top Bottom