Offical Jon Lester no hitter. Into the 9th

Always good to see the no hitter.......everyone acting like they just won the World Series
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Went from battling cancer to winning the 4th game of the World Series and now pitching a no-hitter...nice
pimp.gif

that's right...i forgot about Buchholz. i was barely paying attention, and thought i heard them say something about 18 years.

didn't Schilling lose one with 2 outs in the ninth last year or two years ago?

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

that's right...i forgot about Buchholz. i was barely paying attention, and thought i heard them say something about 18 years.

didn't Schilling lose one with 2 outs in the ninth last year or two years ago?

Yeah that was last year too.

This was Varitek's fourth time catching a No-Hitter. In my estimation he's one of the best, if not THE best, all-around catcher in baseball. He'slike another pitching coach, and the guy calls a fantastic game. He's starting to heat it up at the plate too.
smokin.gif

Another no-hitter by a Red Sox pitcher.
mad.gif

Why can't the Yankee pitchers throw one?
tired.gif

Congrats to Lester though.

I've been saying since Lester got the initial call up that I thought he was gonna be nothing more than a Tim Wakefield-esque pitcher. Dude just keepsproving me wrong.
laugh.gif

Not that its a bad thing. Keep doing it.

I've been saying since Lester got the initial call up that I thought he was gonna be nothing more than a Tim Wakefield-esque pitcher.

I'm pretty sure I know what you mean by that, but you're probably the only one in the world made that comparison
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

I've been saying since Lester got the initial call up that I thought he was gonna be nothing more than a Tim Wakefield-esque pitcher.

I'm pretty sure I know what you mean by that, but you're probably the only one in the world made that comparison
laugh.gif

I dont know why you said that? Everybody knew he had dominate stuff when he came up.

Props to Lester.

Varitek with 4 no no's, and he almost had Schill last season, but Schilling shook him off and threw the fastball giving up the base hit.

Varitek could have easily had 5 no no's.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

laugh.gif

Cause I'm an analytical genius.
smile.gif
Although, it looks like i'm wrong.
laugh.gif
And yeah, I dont think anyone outside of Boston, New York and maybePittsburgh, knows what that means.
Basically, that meant I thought he would be a solid pitcher with a few great years, a few bad years, and the majority of the years being like 14-10with a 4 ERA. But again, hes proving me wrong and I hope it continues.

Back
Top Bottom