Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

Pacman and the Bengals are a match made in heaven.

laugh.gif
so true.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
At P-Willie with the 5 yr extension

Hopefully Pac has somethin left in the tank. With David Jones and Morgan Trent batlling for the third corner spot, this isn't a bad move.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

yo.. can someone please post this insider rumor about the eagles and john henderson:

http://insider.espn.go.co...fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi
Philadelphia Eagles beat reporter Geoff Mosher connected some dots Tuesday morning and came to the conclusion that the team is "still in the market for another defensive tackle." We've all heard the rumors of Albert Haynesworth being offered to them before the draft as part of the Donovan McNabb trade, but now it appears as though they're going to troll the waters of free agency.

Among those still available, former Jacksonville Jaguars DT John Henderson is probably the best option. (Here's a look back at the teams previously linked to Henderson.) After that, it gets pretty ugly. One mitigating factor against the Eagles signing Henderson is the DT's age (he turned 31 in January), but if the team is still looking for help, he could be their only hope.

We checked in with a few of our own reporters, but there hasn't been a definitive peep out of the Henderson camp just yet. More to come. As for Henderson's fit with the Eagles, we asked Bill Barnwell of the Football Outsiders for his take:

football_outsiders_64x36.jpg
[h5]Football Outsiders[/h5]
This one makes sense
"Jacksonville ranked seventh against the run in DVOA last year, and Henderson -- who started 15 games -- was one of the main reasons why. The fact that they chose to 'fix' their effective run defense in the draft and not a pass defense that ranked 31st in DVOA is puzzling, but it's not Henderson's fault. He's slipped some from the Pro Bowler of 2004 and 2006, but he'd get a boost from playing fewer snaps and alongside more talent up front. Philadelphia already has two excellent defensive tackles in Brodrick Bunkley and Mike Patterson, but bringing in Henderson to compete with 2008 second-rounder Trevor Laws for the third defensive tackle spot could net them an impact situational player on the cheap." - Bill Barnwell

Adam Schefter & Bengals.com saying that Deion Sanders relationship with Mike Zimmer had a lot to do with the Bengals signing Pac Man.

Spoiler [+]
PACMAN POTPOURRI: One of the agents for cornerback Adam Jones said Tuesday they plan to talk to the Bengals on Wednesday and they’re hopeful a deal can reached after what Ray Savage called “a great workout.

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Pro Bowl guard Jahri Evans and the Saints have reached agreement on a seven-year, $56.7 million deal. Big money.

Jahri Evans' new deal with Saints, which could be announced today, is richest deal given to a guard, averaging $8.1 million per year.

[h1]Mel Kiper's first 2011 Big Board[/h1][h3]
[h3]A trio of quarterbacks dot the top 10 of the first 2011 Big Board[/h3]
By Mel Kiper
ESPN.com

A little perspective to start. Last year, back before any games in the college season had even been played, my first Big Board came out. Looking back, six of the players in that top 10 actually went in the top 10 of the recent draft. A few guys fell for various reasons. Whether it was Carlos Dunlap's judgement, a really odd interview process for Dez Bryant, or simply bad tape for Taylor Mays, some guys didn't remain that high. It happens every year.

But others, like Sam Bradford (No. 1), Ndamukong Suh (No. 5), Eric Berry (No. 2) and Gerald McCoy (No. 4) I liked early, and personnel folks clearly saw the same tape. So as I release the first Big Board for this year, know I always do it with a mixture of confidence, but also an assumption that I'll be wrong. Be it through injuries, lack of growth, off-the-field stuff, or just a desire to return to college -- I liked Bradford two years ago, too -- this is sure to change. Because of that, I also added a note about players I see as quite volatile in terms of this list.

But while there's a lot of time for the stories to be written, here's a first look at the players already in focus for next year's draft. Remember, this is not about draft position. This is about value. Don't confuse the two. I should also note: current size measurements are what I have from my sources on a guy. They are not official -- and in some cases, will even change as the weight room factors in this summer. (Asterisk denotes junior or redshirt junior.)

board_bar.png

1.jpg

Jake Locker

QB

6-3

264.gif

Analysis: All the physical tools -- size, arm, footwork. Accuracy should improve.

2.jpg

Andrew Luck *

QB

6-4

24.gif

Analysis: Great arm, NFL smarts, solid footwork. Protoypical size and intangibles.

3.jpg

Robert Quinn *

DE

6-4

153.gif

Analysis: Still just 19, freakish athlete; still developing consistency.

4.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5165505#A.J. Green *

WR

6-4

61.gif

Analysis: The profile of a No. 1 receiver. Great size and speed, instinctive, great hands.

5.jpg

Adrian Clayborn

DE

6-3

2294.gif

Analysis: Most consistent, complete DE here. Solid pass-rusher, steady against run.

6.jpg

Ryan Mallett *

QB

6-7

8.gif

Analysis: Incredible arm, but still a thrower who must develop footwork, accuracy.

7.jpg

Marcel Dareus *

DE

6-3

333.gif

Analysis: Versatility and explosiveness to be a 3-4 DE or DT in 4-3. Ready to emerge.

8.jpg

Anthony Costanzo

OT

6-7

103.gif

Analysis: Pro-style offensive tackle with athleticism to deal with varied styles of rush.

9.jpg

Cameron Heyward

DE

6-6

194.gif

Analysis: Dominant pass-rusher at times, needs to find consistency.

10.jpg

Patrick Peterson *

CB

6-1

99.gif

Analysis: Safety size with fluidity of a top CB. Polished and confident corner.

11.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5165505#Mark Ingram *

RB

5-10

333.gif

Analysis: Blue-collar runner, explosive after contact. Pro-style workhorse back.

12.jpg

Aaron Williams *

CB

6-1

251.gif

Analysis: Good ball skills, physical and unafraid of tackling. No questions yet on speed.

13.jpg

Marvin Austin

DT

6-3

153.gif

Analysis: Flashes dominance, but must gain consistency. Ideal 4-3 penetrating tackle.

14.jpg

Jonathan Baldwin *

WR

6-5

221.gif

Analysis: Height, physical strength and ball skills are there, so is sub-4.5 speed.

15.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5165505#Ryan Williams

RB

5-10

259.gif

Analysis: A TD machine; great quickness, underrated strength. Could be a dynamic back.

16.jpg

Allen Bailey

DE

6-4

2390.gif

Analysis: Still learning end position, but has ideal size and flashed brilliance here late in 2009.

17.jpg

Julio Jones *

WR

6-4

333.gif

Analysis: Great physical tools; great blocker; questions about his hands and consistency.

18.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5165505#Bruce Carter

OLB

6-3

153.gif

Analysis: Smart, reliable OLB in a 4-3 defense. Could add size.

19.jpg

Michael Floyd *

WR

6-3

87.gif

Analysis: Feared deep threat, best WR on a team with Golden Tate. Expect a big year.

20.jpg

Akeem Ayers *

OLB

6-4

26.gif

Analysis: Budding star, an absolute physical specimen with ideal size. Ready to break out.

21.jpg

Ras-I Dowling

CB

6-2

258.gif

Analysis: Experienced, smooth CB; fluid hips. Very well-coached and a proven tackler.

22.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5165505#Jurrell Casey *

DT

6-1

30.gif

Analysis: Penetrating, disruptive force, ideal in a 4-3. Still adding technique.

23.jpg

Prince Amukamara

CB

6-1

158.gif

Analysis: A physical corner who also supports the run very well. Steady in coverage.

24.jpg

Gabe Carimi

OT

6-7

275.gif

Analysis: Veteran, blindside blocker. Ideal size, above-average footwork; pro-style system.

25.jpg

Rahim Moore*

S

6-1

26.gif

Analysis: A ballhawk; led the nation in INTs last year. Moves well sideline to sideline
[/h3]

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

why people keep giving this clown chance I don't know

Especially after how awful he played in his last stint. 

He actually played pretty decent. just dropped alot of potential ints.

Originally Posted by papi chulo

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

CJ Spiller and Eric Berry signed endorsement deals with Adidas

Does that mean they have to wear adidas evry game?
of course

some wilder stuff...
Eric Berry will have his own model Camaro
EricBerryTeaser_image.jpg

VPI partnered with National Speed Inc., of Wilmington, N.C., to build the prototype 1,200-horsepower, signature-edition "NZ1200 EB Edition Camaro," which will be available to others who want to drive what Berry drives.
"What (National Speed) does is take a new Camaro SS and pull the engine, transmission, brakes and suspension and make it into the EB Edition with 1,200 horsepower," said Cullop.

"It will have a three-way toggle switch. If you have it in the cruise mode it will be like driving a V-6 Honda Accord. You'll get 30 miles per gallon and have an everyday car to drive. In the middle-position mode, you'll still get great gas mileage but you've got 900 horsepower.

"If you want to flip the switch all the way, you get all 1,200 horsepower. You're talking about a very expensive modification that will probably be between $120,000 and $150,000."

Cullop said that National Speed will donate at least $10,000 to the Eric Berry Foundation for each person who has their Camaro SS tricked-out into an EB Edition.

Cullop said that National Speed Inc., just began work on Berry's personal EB Edition Camaro this week.

Gunna going to be camping outside the dealership the night before release for one of those bad boys.

In all seriousness, we all know he is going to buy one.

1,200 HP?
eek.gif

This should be a great QB class...I'm hoping the 49ers can trade up and get Locker, Luck, or Mallett

Back
Top Bottom