Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

eek.gif
 LenwhaleDale White "born again"

f2ce735c-d19a-4c38-9c8b-5636d77b42f5.jpg

He's BEEN lost weight...I remember when the pictures last offseason. Y'all late.

This is the perfect scenario now for him...hope he seizes the opportunity...

i wouldn't.  but people paid for mexico 7 jerseys too
ohwell.gif
  pull your skirt down.
I'm just saying why block the site from having that, if you want to drop 300+ on that, NFL is all for it.  I wasn't trying to buzz kill

Now if you could get a cheap t-shirt with something like that?  Now that could be worth it....

what did santonio holmes do to get traded again?
Hehad a few run in's with the law, his contract was up next year and hereportedly wasn't going to resign, and the organization had to get ridof someone and since Ben is locked down for years to come for 102 mil,and a QB, it made more sense to get rid of Santonio.  My guess is thatthe Rooney's real dream would be for both to be gone but to some howhave a franchise QB still

That jersey reminds me of the SNL jeopardy skit where Sean Connery takes 'the rapist for 200' and will ferrell as alex says ' that's therapist mr Connery'. Can't believe I missed that at first

Originally Posted by dmxfury

That jersey reminds me of the SNL jeopardy skit where Sean Connery takes 'the rapist for 200' and will ferrell as alex says ' that's therapist mr Connery'. Can't believe I missed that at first
Thats the first thing i thought of... Remember dmx, the penis mightier.

[h1]Sean Payton is expected to issue statement regarding Vicodin allegations[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on May 1, 2010 4:21 PM ET

In the wake of a lawsuit identifying two unnamed senior members of the Saints' staff as recipients of unauthorized quantities of the painkiller known as Vicodin, we have reported that the two unnamed staff members are coach Sean Payton and assistant head coach/linebackers coach Joe Vitt.

We're told that Payton is expected to soon issue a statement denying that he stole Vicodin from the team's drug locker.  Based on the precise language of the lawsuit, Payton's expected position is accurate.  The precise allegation directed to "Senior Staff Member A" (i.e., Payton) is that he received sufficient Vicodin tablets to constitute evidence of abuse.

Paragraph 6 of the "Petition" filed by former director of security Geoffrey Santini alleges that trainer Scottie Patton told Santini that Vicodin pills were missing from the team drug locker.  Paragraph 7 alleges that Santini noticed that "a large number of pills" had been dispensed to "Senior Staff Member A" and "Senior Staff Member B."  Paragraph 8 alleges that Patton told G.M. Mickey Loomis that "omeone was stealing" the medication.  Paragraph 8 also alleges that Patton said the amount of pills dispensed to "Senior Staff Member A" was sufficient to constitute abuse.

Paragraph 11 alleges that video from a hidden camera placed in the room after the issue arose showed that "Senior Staff Member B" had accessed the drug locker and removed pills from a bottle of Vicodin.

Thus, to be clear, the lawsuit alleges that Senior Staff Member A and Senior Staff Member Breceived sufficient amounts of Vicodin to constitute abuse, and that Senior Staff Member B was seen on video tape entering the drug locker and removing Vicodin pills.  There is no specific allegation that Senior Staff Member A (i.e., Payton) obtained Vicodin directly from the drug locker.  Instead, the only allegation pertaining to Senior Staff Member A is that he was receiving sufficient Vicodin tablets to constitute evidence of abuse.

In an eventual meeting attended by Santini, G.M. Mickey Loomis, and owner Tom Benson, Benson reviewed a memo regarding the situation and allegedly said that Senior Staff Member A and Senior Staff Member B "had placed the team in a bad position."

This clarification and elaboration does not change our earlier report regarding the identity of the unnamed senior staff members.  Multiple sources have advised us that "Senior Staff Member A" as used in the lawsuit refers to Sean Payton and that "Senior Staff Member B" as used in the lawsuit refers to Joe Vitt.

In four practices over two days, Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant has made diving catches, leaping catches and one-handed catches. He has made the free agent (Matt Nichols) and workout (Pat Grace) quarterbacks look better than they are, while frustrating a drafted cornerback (Jamar Wall) in one-on-one drills. "Sometimes I have to do a double-take when I see him do something," receivers coach Ray Sherman said. "But it doesn't surprise me with him. He makes it look natural. That's the thing about it. He looks very natural." After his Pro Day in Lufkin in March, Packers coach Mike McCarthy raved about Bryant's hands and he has showed them off this weekend. "I just felt like it's God given," Bryant said Friday when asked about his hands. "That's something I love to do. If it's not a football, I stay tossing things up in the air. It's just a habit."

bc42557f8efadded825642868096a4d8cd2590a_r.gif

[h1]Darren Sharper could be signing a contract soon[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on May 1, 2010 7:14 PM ET

As we look toward another week of the offseason with a dwindling supply of unrestricted free agents (but never a dwindling supply of news and rumors), one of the biggest remaining names on the market could have a job very soon.

Actually, he could have a job as soon as Monday.

Safety Darren Sharper, we're told, is closing in on closing a deal.  His destination isn't known, and it's unclear whether he has even made a tentative decision.  But it's our understanding that he'll soon be making a selection from his pool of available suitors, whoever they may be.

The Saints have an offer on the table for Sharper, who joined the team in 2009 and helped propel the franchise to its first-ever Super Bowl win.  He also has visited the Jaguars.

He has expressed interest in joining the Jets, but they can't sign him in the near future unless and until another one of the team's unrestricted free agents signs with a new franchise.

[h1]Limas Sweed suffers Achilles tendon injury[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 2, 2010 1:24 PM ET

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Limas Sweed left Sunday's final minicamp practice with an injury that could keep him out for the entire season.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that coach Mike Tomlin said it looks like a serious Achilles tendon injury.

A ruptured Achilles tendon would likely prevent Sweed from playing at all in 2010.

The Steelers' second-round draft pick in 2010, Sweed has caught just seven passes in two years in Pittsburgh. The Steelers released a statement last month in which Sweed said he's been dealing with "personal issues."

I believe the Final 8 rules expire at some point in the summer, Sharper would just have to wait to sign.

And I thought Dez was gonna be with UA?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

In four practices over two days, Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant has made diving catches, leaping catches and one-handed catches. He has made the free agent (Matt Nichols) and workout (Pat Grace) quarterbacks look better than they are, while frustrating a drafted cornerback (Jamar Wall) in one-on-one drills. "Sometimes I have to do a double-take when I see him do something," receivers coach Ray Sherman said. "But it doesn't surprise me with him. He makes it look natural. That's the thing about it. He looks very natural." After his Pro Day in Lufkin in March, Packers coach Mike McCarthy raved about Bryant's hands and he has showed them off this weekend. "I just felt like it's God given," Bryant said Friday when asked about his hands. "That's something I love to do. If it's not a football, I stay tossing things up in the air. It's just a habit."

What a beast, damn steal
sick.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I believe the Final 8 rules expire at some point in the summer, Sharper would just have to wait to sign.

Cowboys give out Nike Cleats because of Jerry's deal with the company.
But you better believe Dez will  be hearing from the Maryland offices about not rockin the UA cleats and actually getting photographed in some Nikes
smh.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

The final 8 rule expires mid july. He's not waiting that far.

The spooky part about Dez, he's doing good in the mini's while being out of shape. Imagine when he's in shape. If we didn't get BM, I would be the sickest man in the world right now.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Nice ball tracking and adjustment to the ball. Good balance too. A  lot of people would have given up on that ball or don't make the right adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom