Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

why was white cut?

damn, seattle must have some heat at the half back position now, cause i don't recall them being relevant at that position since shaun alexander's mvp year.

^ Well, I know a lot of people are hoping high that Forsett can emerge, but there most feel there are questions regarding him being an every down back. Bringing White was supposedly to complement that, but I'm guessing they really like what they see from Forsett, Jones, and Rankin.

Or, White did something to really upset this staff or just wasn't performing, because I think they still need a power back to complement their smaller backs.
Speaking of RB's, Minnesota is trying Darius Reynaud at RB. Apparently he's, "a natural." I like the guy, so anyway he stays with the Vikes is fine by me. 

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

LenDale can't leave that
pimp.gif
alone

Carroll was giving dude a shot at being a starter and he blew it.

literally

dude lost all that weight from not drinking, he might gain it all back now

Rams fans, what's the word on O.J Atogwe?.............isn't the deadline to tender him today?

nerd.gif
I think(hope) its safe to say if he becomes unrestricted, he'll be a cowboy
pimp.gif

The Rams have til midnite to workout an extention or tenders him @ 110% of his 2009 salary. If it doesn't happen by midnite, he's an UFA

I'm thinking we (Lions) should sign him. Teaming him with Delmas would be a top 10 safety combos in the league. He has at most 3 years left at a high level and we need all the help we could get and from what I hear they are on the short list

No deal with Rams; Atogwe becomes free agent

By Bill Coats

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe’s days with the Rams may well be over. His agent, Ken Landphere, was unable to reach agreement on a long-term deal with the St. Louis Rams late Tuesday, and Atogwe officially is an unrestricted free agent, free to negotiate with any NFL team.

After failing to reach accord on a multiyear deal, the club then declined to sign Atogwe to a one-year tender for $6,976,000 –- his 2009 salary plus 10 percent.

The deadline for the team to sign Atogwe was 11 p.m. Tuesday (St. Louis time). Although the Rams no longer have exclusive rights to him, they still could sign Atogwe, and league sources indicated that talks would continue.

In a surprise move just before the start of free agency in March, the Rams tendered Atogwe, then a restricted free agent, at the lowest possible level — $1,226,000. At that level, they would’ve had the right of first refusal had Atogwe received an offer from another club but would’ve received no draft-pick compensation if the Rams chose not to match that offer.

The deadline for outside offers was April 15, and Atogwe received none. After that date, the Rams were obligated to pay Atogwe the higher tender amount to retain him for another season or work out a new contract, presumably a long-team deal.

Negotiations on such an agreement continued Tuesday until the deadline arrived. Landphere did not return phone messages Tuesday, and Atogwe could not be reached for comment.

marlin jackson has to retire now.. doesnt he?!?!

well.. the nate allen area might be starting ealier than expected (with macho moving back to corner.. and demps being our only other option at FS)

Atogwe is dating Singletary's daughter so maybe we'll have the inside track
laugh.gif

He would be great at FS and allow Goldson to play SS and let Mays come in on certain situations.

it should tell u alot about Atogwe's career when the worst franchise in the league lets him walk.

he's damaged goods, I hope no one gives him one of those Archuleta contracts

Back
Top Bottom