Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

What the hell does sexual contact mean?

Did he smash?

Grab her buns?

Or was she walking by and he pulled her hair?

That term is so broad, I hate it.

What the hell does sexual contact mean?

Did he smash?

Grab her buns?

Or was she walking by and he pulled her hair?

That term is so broad, I hate it.

From SI.com

[table][tr][td][h1]Seahawks' Tate warned after incident at Seattle doughnut shop[/h1][/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- Seahawks rookie wide receiver Golden Tate apologized Tuesday and said he was "very embarrassed" after police in suburban Seattle gave him a warning for trespassing into a gourmet doughnut shop at 3 a.m. last weekend.

The former Notre Dame star says it was a foolish mistake but that he is glad to have learned a valuable lesson without getting arrested.

Tate says a friend took a couple of maple bars from the shop, which is at the bottom of the building in which Tate lives.

He says "they are irresistible."

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says he has talked to Tate, and agrees that maple bars can be irresistible.

The celebrity gossip outlet TMZ first reported the incident Tuesday.

laugh.gif
@ Tate. I'm not sure how to translate this story. It's either really funny and not a big deal, or a severe problem with the lack of maturity for both Tate and Pete...But right now I'll choose the former.
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Aaron Rodgers calls Tony Kornheiser "stupid," "dumb" and "terrible"[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 8, 2010 10:52 AM ET
In 2008, when Tony Kornheiser was a Monday Night Football commentator for ESPN, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers once sat down with him for a pre-game production meeting.

It would be an extreme understatement to say that Rodgers came away unimpressed.

In an interview with ESPN Radio in Milwaukee, Rodgers went off on Kornheiser and said he was embarrassingly unprepared for his job.

"You know who was better than Tony Kornheiser? Dennis Miller was ten times better," Rodgers said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Dennis Miller was a great comedian, but one of the worst Monday Night Football guys ever. And he was ten times better than Tony Kornheiser. His stuff was actually funny. Tony wasn't funny at all. He did absolutely no research. We'd sit in those production meetings and he would add absolutely nothing to the conversation. I'd be like, 'What are we doing here? This is stupid.'"

Rodgers praised Monday Night Football play-by-play man Mike Tirico as coming into production meetings thoroughly prepared. Kornheiser? Not so much.

"You get in there with Tony and he's asking you all these dumb questions that have no application to the game you are playing or anything you are doing," Rodgers said. "He's terrible. . . . I don't think he's funny. I don't think he's insightful. I don't think knows, really, anything about sports."

Most football fans regard Ron Jaworski as one of the top analysts in the business, but Rodgers isn't particularly thrilled with Jaworski, either.

"I like him, but, when I was coming out, he did the worst segment in the history of TV about me talking about my fundamentals," Rodgers said of Jaworski. "It was not even close to anywhere near my fundamentals. The first time I met him, someone introduced me to him and I said, 'Yeah I know him. He's the guy who ripped me before the draft.' The rest of the night he told me how great I was. I was like, 'I know your song and dance.' And now he loves me."

The whole interview, in which Rodgers criticized other ESPN employees and took a shot at the Detroit Lions, is well worth listening to. Rodgers comes across as an entertaining and engaging player who's not afraid to speak his mind. When he retires, he'd be perfect for the Monday Night Football booth. Or as co-host of Pardon the Interruption.
laugh.gif

Kornheiser is cool on PTI, but his shtick with MNF is way too old already. Rodgers is right. Korny gots to go.

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

From SI.com

[table][tr][td][h1]Seahawks' Tate warned after incident at Seattle doughnut shop[/h1][/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- Seahawks rookie wide receiver Golden Tate apologized Tuesday and said he was "very embarrassed" after police in suburban Seattle gave him a warning for trespassing into a gourmet doughnut shop at 3 a.m. last weekend.

The former Notre Dame star says it was a foolish mistake but that he is glad to have learned a valuable lesson without getting arrested.

Tate says a friend took a couple of maple bars from the shop, which is at the bottom of the building in which Tate lives.

He says "they are irresistible."

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says he has talked to Tate, and agrees that maple bars can be irresistible.

The celebrity gossip outlet TMZ first reported the incident Tuesday.
I cant blame him, Top Pot's are
pimp.gif

Wonder how he'll contain himself since they're now available at Qwest Field
laugh.gif

[h1]Donut shop employee said "drunk" Golden Tate stole donuts, keys[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on June 9, 2010 6:31 AM ET

Seahawks receiver Golden Tate and coach Pete Carroll downplayed Tate's recent donut run, which the team likely never would have acknowledged unless accounts of the situation had been reported on Tuesday.

And Tate seemed to placed the blame on a friend for taking the donuts. 

The 911 call made by the night baker from the donut shop suggests otherwise.

The folks at TMZ have tracked down the audio, in which Tate and his friend are described as "drunk" and "acting like idiots."  Also, the night baker makes it clear at one point that Tate was seen running from behind the counter.

The baker claims that they stole donuts and her keys.

Both Tate and the other man live in the building where the donut shop is located.  At one point, the baker said that building security already had "scolded a couple of drunk people."  Building security asked the baker what she would have them do about the situation, and the baker said, "Make sure people aren't coming in here and stealing sh-t from us."

So while the situation can be laughed off after the fact by the player and the team, the woman who was working in the donut shop didn't sound amused.

The message to players continues to be the same as it was in the wake of the Ben Roethlisberger situation:  If you get really drunk, there's a chance you'll do stupid things.  And sometimes those stupid things will also be illegal.

Adam_Schefter

Colts S Antoine Bethea will sign a four-year, $27 million deal that will pay about $18 million over first two years. More at ESPN.com

[h1]Source: Henderson to sign with Raiders[/h1]
ESPN.com news services
Former Jaguars defensive tackle John Henderson reached agreement Friday with the Oakland Raiders on a one-year deal, a team source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Friday.

3537.jpg

Henderson

Jacksonville released Henderson in late April just days after the NFL draft.

Oakland had been looking for another defensive tackle after releasing Gerard Warren this offseason.

Henderson, an eight-year veteran, was pursued by a handful of teams.

Henderson, 31, was regarded as one of the best players remaining in the unrestricted free-agent pool. The two-time Pro Bowl defender was released as the Jags continued in the offseason to remake a defense that ranked No. 23 in the league in 2009.

A former University of Tennessee standout, Henderson started in 120 of 124 appearances with the Jaguars. He registered 329 tackles, 29 sacks and eight forced fumbles. But he did not have more than three sacks in any season over the last five years.

Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN.com senior writer Len Pasquarelli was used in this report

[h1]Sources: Colts, Bethea agree on deal[/h1]
By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive
Indianapolis will soon have one fewer financial headache.

Colts restricted free agent safety Antoine Bethea will sign a four-year, $27 million deal Friday that will pay him about $18 million over the first two years, according to two league sources.

Indianapolis has been trying to sign Bethea and quarterback Peyton Manning before focusing in on disgruntled players such as wide receiver Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis.

[h4][/h4]
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation
Veteran Pro Bowlers Bethea, Mathis and Wayne were missing Friday when the Colts ended their summer minicamp schedule in Indianapolis.

Anthony Gonzalez and a handful of his teammates were standing on the sideline. And the rookies were still trying to work out the kinks.

Coach Jim Caldwell says the team accomplished "a lot" and that the rookies had learned plenty since arriving for camp on April 30.

Between now and training camp, Caldwell says, the Colts will continue working out.
Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Adam_Schefter

Insurance at WR: Chargers reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Bills WR Josh Reed.

With uncertainty surrounding Vincent Jackson, Chargers needed another WR. The fact they went with Josh Reed doesn't bode well for T.O

[h1]Pro Bowl WR Austin signs $3.2M tender with Cowboys[/h1]

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Pro Bowl receiver Miles Austin has signed his $3.168 million contract tender with the Dallas Cowboys.

The signing came Friday, when the Cowboys opened a minicamp that will be their last organized team workouts until training camp opens in six weeks.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has said the Cowboys want to sign Austin to a long-term deal.

Austin went from relative unknown to Pro Bowl pick last season, when he caught 81 passes for 1,320 yards and 11 touchdowns. He broke Bob Hayes' single-game Cowboys record with 250 receiving yards against Kansas City in October, when he caught 10 passes and had two touchdowns.

Had Austin not signed his tender by Tuesday, the Cowboys could have reduced it to $1.65 million, or 10 percent over his 2009 salary.

[h2]Revis delivers message to Jets[/h2]
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, upset with his contract, delivered a form of protest Monday morning in minicamp by sitting out a few plays at the end of practice.

10458.jpg

Revis

Revis, due to make $1 million this season, said the Jets' last offer was an "insult," claiming it included no guaranteed money.

The All-Pro cornerback said general manager Mike Tannenbaum told him "face to face" that he deserved to be the highest-paid corner in the league.

Revis wants at least $16 million per year, cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha's current salary with the Oakland Raiders.

Rich Cimini covers the Jets for ESPNNewYork.com.

By Rich Cimini
ESPNNewYork.com

[h2]Patriots' Mankins: 'I want to be traded'[/h2]
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots offensive lineman Logan Mankins said Monday that he does not plan to sign his restricted free agent tender and wants to be traded.

8446.jpg
This is about principle with me and keeping your word and how you treat people. This is what I thought the foundation of the Patriots was built on. Apparently, I was wrong.

[h1]Report: Mankins turned down five-year deal worth $7 million a year[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 14, 2010 8:19 PM ET

We already knew that the New England Patriots and guard Logan Mankins are at odds over their inability to reach an agreement on a long-term deal. Now a new report details what the Patriots offered in their side of the negotiations.

Albert Breer of the Boston Globe reports that the Patriots' last offer, which has has been on the table for "a significant period of time," was a five-year deal worth about $7 million a year.

It's not clear how that deal is structured and how much of the money is guaranteed, but Breer reports, citing a league source, that it would make Mankins one of the five highest-paid guards in the NFL.

With Mankins refusing to sign his tender, the Patriots will reduce his 2010 offer from $3.268 million to $1.54 million.

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h2]Revis delivers message to Jets[/h2]
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, upset with his contract, delivered a form of protest Monday morning in minicamp by sitting out a few plays at the end of practice.

10458.jpg

Revis

Revis, due to make $1 million this season, said the Jets' last offer was an "insult," claiming it included no guaranteed money.

The All-Pro cornerback said general manager Mike Tannenbaum told him "face to face" that he deserved to be the highest-paid corner in the league.

Revis wants at least $16 million per year, cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha's current salary with the Oakland Raiders.

Rich Cimini covers the Jets for ESPNNewYork.com.
  By Rich Cimini
ESPNNewYork.com

just saw this dude talking about faking lightheadedness during practice
laugh.gif

Revis is not worth $16 million a year. 1 stand out season and He wants to be paid like Nnamdi? Boy stop
laugh.gif

Could have at least said 7 million
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom