Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Jesus, hope he pulls through ok.

Read on Twitter from Schefter that they are trying to save his leg
tired.gif

[h1]Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick[/h1]
The news that a man was shot at a 30th birthday party for Eagles quarterback Michael Vick has taken a twist, with reports that Quanis Phillips, one of the co-defendants in the infamous dog fighting case that landed Vick in prison, was the victim in the shooting, and that he was shot after a confrontation with Vick.

The Daily Press of Hampton Roads, Virginia reports that a spokesman for Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital confirmed that Phillips was admitted early this morning and was listed in good condition.

A spokesman for Virginia Beach police said the shooting occurred around 2:10 a.m. after a fight broke out at the club where Vick was having a birthday party, just as the club was closing.

According to Daily Press reporter David Squires, Phillips showed up to the party even though Vick is not supposed to be associating with any of his dog fighting co-defendants.

Squires writes that there was a confrontation between Phillips and Vick inside the party, that the confrontation then moved outside, and that's when Phillips was shot.

Vick's lawyer, Larry Woodward, says Vick was not involved and was not present when the shooting occurred.

According to the Daily Press report, there were witnesses who "don't want it to be known if they were witnesses." Police say the victim and witnesses were uncooperative.

In 2004, Vick was present when Phillips allegedly stole a Rolex watch from an airport X-ray belt.

laugh.gif
that +%#!* got balls to show up to a party for a man he helped convict.

LMAO I woulda put some hot lead in his %@* too hahahahhaaaaa

[h1]Chad Jones remains in surgery; injuries career threatening[/h1]Doctors reportedly trying to get blood flowing in his left foot

Add a Comment

New York Giants rookie Chad Jones remains in surgery in New Orleans where doctors are trying to save his left foot, according to a report by WWL-TV.

Jones was involved in a grisly crash early this morning and suffered career-threatening injuries to his left leg and foot. The injuries are not believed to be life threatening, but the two-sport star may never play football or baseball again.

Jones reportedly suffered multiple fractures to his left leg, breaking both the tibia and fibula, and had arteries and nerves exposed. The wreck occurred at 6:30 a.m. when he hit a streetcar pole in what is believed to be a one-car accident.

He has been listed in critical condition. At this point, it’s probably fair to assume Jones will not play for the Giants this season. Doctors are reportedly trying to get blood flowing again in his left foot. If that effort fails, he could face amputation.

I hope Chad Jones pulls through.

Those pics from the car crash are serious.

laugh.gif

smh.gif
 @ the Vick incident.

Sapp went in on Haynesworth....

Warren Sapp is one of the best NFL defensive tackles in recent memory, and he also isn't a particularly shy fellow. So when he was asked about Albert over the weekend, the results were worth noting.

"Let's stop the BS, like we like to say," Sapp told Vic Carucci and Howard Balzer on SiRIUS NFL Radio. "I mean, c'mon, son. You sat at the table. The people told you they had a very lovely check for you....Albert Haynesworth, you took the check, now show up to the job, son. It's that simple. You take that kind of check. I mean, I'll flip dogs for you. I mean, c'mon, what you want me to do, you want me to return punts? I mean, what? C'mon. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it."

One of the hosts pointed out that Haynesworth even had issues with Greg Blache last year, when the Skins were running a 4-3.

"How about he had issues with showing up for the Cowboy game and the Eagle game," Sapp countered. "I mean, if a body part's not missing, you're showing up for division games. Are you kidding me?"

Then Sapp was asked whether Haynesworth should be considered a dominant defensive tackle when he's playing and healthy, possibly the best defensive player in the game.

"No. No. No," Sapp said. "He's not consistent enough. The numbers aren't there. I mean, I saw the four plays in a row playing the Atlanta Falcons when he was on the goal line, he looks like a manchild. Some of those games he was running, him and [Kyle] Vanden Bosch, they really had that defense rolling. He was playing the game the way it was supposed to be played.

"But you can't tell me that a man that has, what, [28] sacks in his life is one of the most dominant players to ever play this game. I mean, I don't remember that game where he took it over, you know what I'm saying? I remember me and Brett Favre up in Green Bay going at it in the playoff game. I don't have that signature game for Haynesworth. I don't have that signature season. Don't give me one. That's a rule of ours, isn't it? I mean, one's a fluke. Two, you become consistent. Now three, you've arrived. I don't think the man's had a 10-sack season. I mean, Tony Dungy told me when I was playing the game, he said you want to be arrived in this game, you've got to get to 10 sacks. That's what I tell all young defensive tackles, you want a name in this game, rush like an end, and then you get in the conversation."

Link

Bengals running back Cedric Benson has been arrested in Austin, Texas for an assault that allegedly occurred on May 30, according to Tom Plohetski of Statesman.com.  He allegedly punched a bar employee in the face at Annie's West.

Benson faces charges of assault with injury.  He has posted bail.

A top-five pick of the Bears in 2005, Benson's tenure in Chicago ended two years ago, after Benson was arrested for drunk boating and drunk driving within a relatively short time frame. 

The latest incident comes at a time when Benson hopes to get a new contract from the Bengals.

Randall Cunningham's 2-year-old son drowns in family hot tub

The 2-year-old son of former NFL quarterback Randall Cunningham has died in an apparent accidental drowning in the hot tub at the family home in Las Vegas.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that Christian Cunningham, who would have turned 3 in December, died after being found floating in the backyard hot tub.

Randall Cunningham is pastor of Remnant Ministries and performs baptisms in the hot tub at his home, the paper reports.He was not home at the time.

According to the report, a woman at Cunningham's house was with several children when she found Christian at about 4:30 p.m. The woman pulled Christian out and began performing CPR until paramedics arrived, and he was taken to St. Rose Dominican Hospital, where he died.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2107
Restaurant owner: Video shows Vick leaving three minutes before shooting

Michael Vick and his lawyer could have a major timeline problem.

The owner of the restaurant that hosted Vick's birthday party last week says he has video of Vick and "his entourage" driving away from the restaurant at 2:07 A.M., only three minutes before gunshots were fired in the direction the cars went.

"I'm not saying that Michael Vick did the shooting," Allen Fabija told the Daily Press. "But he did not leave [long] before" the shooting like Vick told police, according to Vick's lawyer.

Vick's camp has consistently painted a picture of the Eagles quarterback leaving his party well before the shooting.  First, we heard 30 minutes.  Vick's attorney Larry Woodward told the AP on Tuesday that his client left at least 10 minutes before the shooting and up to 20 minutes before.

Now there is possibly video evidence putting the number at three minutes.

Woodward and Vick better hope the video proves Fabija lied to the newspaper.  Otherwise, Vick's entire account to police will be called into question.

Vincent Jackson is pissing me the $@$+ off. Dude needs to stop being a diva and show up to camp, your good but your no andre Johnson. 3 mill is good money till you prove last year wasn't a fluke. Dammit man if he's traded Gates is going to be doubled all year long, we have a very weak wr depth smh. Sucks when you're a big fan of a player then he turns into a diva, I get it it's abusiness but you didn't do enough to act the way you're acting, I've been tellin people since way before las year how good this guy will be and right after he finally breakthroughs he's more than likely gonna be traded... Smh not a happy time to be a bolts fan these days, just hope rivers continues to do his thing.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

...Randall Cunningham is pastor of Remnant Ministries and performs baptisms in the hot tub at his home...

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
damn, that's just sad though.  

...using back yard hot tub for baptisms.  if there wasn't a death involved, i'd use something like this as a pick-up-line on church girls.

Per Schefter's Twitter:
Whoa: Jets reached agreement with OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson on a six-year, $60 million extension that includes $34.8 million in gtd money.
pimp.gif

One down, 3 to go.

Back
Top Bottom