Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

pimp.gif
Cromartie

I'll take over Sheppard or Lowery any day so I'm loving this improvement

I thought Cromartie was the man? He's only 26 too. Him being paired with Revis. Should make the Jets secondary super legit. NO?

antonio-cromartie.jpg

cromartie is deangelo hall the remix. fast as hell, matador tackler, average-to-good ball skills but never seems to stick close enough to his man

Well, reading that tweet that we'll be looking at "secondary Free Agents" gives me hope that in the draft, they are going to do some serious work, Ahhh
pimp.gif

Congrats Bears, I really didn't want Peppers.

PS: During Bruce Allen's Press Conference, he said in "there gameplan" (Shanahan and him) Clinton Portis is the starting Running back...now I understand that may be BS, but that's what he said and like J's said alot of money owed, so I don't think he'll be cut or traded.

Lions making some moves this year for once
pimp.gif
. Not sold that Burleson is worth a 5 year $25 mil. deal, but we needed another reciever badly. Sounds like Vanden Bosch is going to end up joining back up with Schwartz as well, considering went to Vanden Bosch's home when the clock struck midnight. Also being reported that the Browns have agreed to trade the Lions a DT for a late round pick. Was hoping they would get a chance to go after Dunte Robinson considering the Lions need a CB badly, but it looks like he is going to go to Atlanta.

Jets fans talking about aquiring Cromartie, I wouldn't be to excited.  He was good like 2 years ago but since then hasn't shown much promise, dude is a ball hawk, but is almost afraid to make tackles.  Lions were talking to them and apparently SD wanted Maurice Morris for Cro, normally I would say this is a good deal, but with Kevin Smith questionable to start the begining of the season the Lions can't afford to trade a somewhat decent RB for a CB that shys away from tackling.  Alot of the blame for Cromarties downfall the past few seasons is being put on the fact that dude has like 10 kids, that is alot of baggage.

Bears, I just see this Peppers deal ending up like the Haynesworth deal last year did.  They are going to pay him an outragous amount with 35+ garunteed, and he will just start to fall off.  Especially since he is known to not have that much love for the game and there have been issues with him giving 100% all the time.

Contract wise, I'm surprised the Panthers released Delhomme.

20 million down the drain.
sick.gif

I'm sort of hoping the Cowboys get in on the Antrel Rolle sweepstakes.
nerd.gif

If Peppers does end up with the Bears, which looks inevitable he will not live up to his contract.

I actually think he's going to trade down, get more picks and pick up the best OLineman available with the 1st pick.

I do think he'll draft a QB later in the draft though.

I see Chicago trying to do work early.

Personally I would love to have Peppers come to Philly, though.  He and Trent Cole coming off both ends of the line would've been 
sick.gif
.  But although DE is a major need for the Eagles, we have more dire needs to fill at almost every position in defense, which most them will be addressed in the upcoming draft.

As far as the Mike Vick situation is concerned, heard that he would like to play for Carolina though.  It'll be interesting to see how the QB situation plays itself out further in Philly this offseason.

still think cromartie is trash but at least hes going to be in a place where he will have to grow up and play football. maybe he will turn it around. hes definitely going to get a ton of balls thrown his way.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Bears, I just see this Peppers deal ending up like the Haynesworth deal last year did.  They are going to pay him an outragous amount with 35+ garunteed, and he will just start to fall off.  Especially since he is known to not have that much love for the game and there have been issues with him giving 100% all the time.

I dont know.. If you're the Bears you gotta try to upgrade your defense.Peppers is probably the best free agent to hit the market since Reggie White. But I think it would be better for him to go to good defense where they cant key on him. The Giants, ******** and the Titans would great fits for him. 

nfl_g_peppers_576.jpg

Hoping Falcons get the deal with Dunta done today.

He's better than anything we've got. There's about a half dozen recent 2nd/3rd round CBs on our roster. Need to grab somebody at least proven to be average in this league.

Cro will certaintly have his chance to improve with QBs throwing at him all the time ...

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Cro will certaintly have his chance to improve with QBs throwing at him all the time ...
You think we can land Greg Olsen?

Do not mind the Burleson signing. Needed a number 2 bad and he is good. He was good with Housh last year and the same should happen with Cal. KVB would be nice too

Back
Top Bottom