Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

I don't get it.

Maybe Cro needs a DC that will tear in his @$* like Mickey Andrews did (and like Rex Ryan will to) because I never saw dude play that soft when he was in college. And he was in press/bump man to man coverage like 100% of the time.

And the dude has GREAT ball skills, not average to good.

Was very dissapointed in him, but maybe Rex and that scheme can get him back in the right state of mind.

Is Urlacher gonna be back healthy next year? Pep and Antrel (though I don't know about that 8 mil he wants) could be a good defensive upgrade for the Bears.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Bears, I just see this Peppers deal ending up like the Haynesworth deal last year did.  They are going to pay him an outragous amount with 35+ garunteed, and he will just start to fall off.  Especially since he is known to not have that much love for the game and there have been issues with him giving 100% all the time.

I dont know.. If you're the Bears you gotta try to upgrade your defense.Peppers is probably the best free agent to hit the market since Reggie White. But I think it would be better for him to go to good defense where they cant key on him. The Giants, ******** and the Titans would great fits for him. 

nfl_g_peppers_576.jpg

cuz tommie harris is chop liver...when hes not hurt hes as good if not better than any lineman on any of those teams...

How much up front money did Burleson get? I like the signing, alot.
Here:

Nate Burleson agreed to a five-year, $25 million deal from the Detroit Lions, according to a source.

According to the source, Burleson will receive $11 million in guarantees.
I've always liked Nate's game when he plays, plus he can return kicks, and you always have to overspend in FA....but 11 mil in guarantees for a guy who has never had 70 catches and only has one 1,000 yard season on his resume? I just looked up his career totals again 
grin.gif
You could get that production from a cheap draft pick (insert Lions joke here).

But hey if you lock into a spot that needs upgraded and think you find the perfect guy then by all means. Who knows. And that deal sounds good when you also consider this
sick.gif

The Carolina Panthers cut Jake Delhomme late Thursday, just over a year after they gave him a lucrative contract extension only to watch him have his worst season as a pro.

Despite committing six turnovers in a playoff loss to Arizona to end the 2008 season, Hurney and coach John Fox were so committed to Delhomme they gave him a new deal in which he's still owed more than $12.5 million in guaranteed money.

I heard today on the radio that the Skins are not expected to make a big splash in FA.....they are going to fill some holes on the O-Line, but there won't be any mega-deals like we've seen in years past. This is a good thing. It goes to show that Bruce Allen/Shanny are sticking to a plan and not letting Danny Boy run the team into the ground anymore (I hope). They were also saying that the team is VERY high on LeGarrette Blount. RB is a position that needs a major upgrade.

*Gift...what do you think about passing on drafting a QB in the draft and signing a guy like Chad Pennington to a 2 year deal or something along those lines? Of course Pennington/Campbell aren't the answers, but you can at least build up depth on the o-line over the next year or so...and then focus on drafting a QB in 2011. Have Campbell as your #1 going into the season, but he'll be on a short leash....

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Bears, I just see this Peppers deal ending up like the Haynesworth deal last year did.  They are going to pay him an outragous amount with 35+ garunteed, and he will just start to fall off.  Especially since he is known to not have that much love for the game and there have been issues with him giving 100% all the time.

I dont know.. If you're the Bears you gotta try to upgrade your defense.Peppers is probably the best free agent to hit the market since Reggie White. But I think it would be better for him to go to good defense where they cant key on him. The Giants, ******** and the Titans would great fits for him. 

nfl_g_peppers_576.jpg

cuz tommie harris is chop liver...when hes not hurt hes as good if not better than any lineman on any of those teams...

Maybe if it was 2007. I would count on him but not now

I know someone asked about Paulus...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Ex-Duke basketball player Paulus hoping for shot in NFL[/h1]
Associated Press

SYRACUSE,N.Y. -- After playing point guard at Duke and quarterback at Syracuse,Greg Paulus is ready for a new frontier -- the NFL.

"You dreamof these things. To have this opportunity, I wanted to take advantageof it," the 23-year-old Paulus said as he prepared for Thursday's proday before at least a dozen NFL teams at Syracuse. "In the back of mymind this was definitely something I wanted. Hopefully, we're going toget some positive feedback. I'll do the best I can."

Paulusended his one-year career with the Orange with two school single-seasonrecords -- most completions and highest completion rate. He started all12 games of a 4-8 season, completing 193 of 285 passes (67.7 percent)with 14 interceptions and 13 touchdowns for 2,024 yards.

Orangehead coach Doug Marrone, in his rookie year at his alma mater, tabbedPaulus as the team's starter in preseason camp last August -- less thana week after seeing him throw a pass in person for the first time.

"Onlyhaving since the end of May, you only have two or three months to buildyour arm strength," said Paulus, who was voted a team captain beforethe season by his new teammates. "That wasn't enough. Now that I'vebeen doing it a certain amount of months straight and preparing forthis time, it's gotten a lot stronger. It's not even close."

Paulushas been working out with Orange strength and conditioning coach WillHicks and has boosted his weight to 204 pounds, up from about 180 whenhe arrived.

"I feel good about that. I'm always trying to getstronger, faster, continuing to build footwork," Paulus said. "I didn'thave as much time to prepare for the season. Being able to work onfootwork has been a huge thing. Being able to throw on a consistentbasis has allowed my arm and my timing to be better. I'm just trying tocontinue to get better."

Hicks said Wednesday that the 12 to 15 NFL teams Syracuse expects at pro day all want to take a look at Paulus.

"Consideringwhen he first got here, he's made great progress as far as his bodyweight, strength, core stability, arm strength, those type of things,"Hicks said. "I've been getting a lot of interest ... He's going to havea legitimate opportunity. He's a hard worker, he's got all the charismaand leadership skills and the smarts. I just hope he improved enoughphysically to give himself an opportunity."

Paulus' uniquecollege athletic career entered a new stage just days after the Dukebasketball season ended last spring. He worked out for the Green Bay Packers and had contact with more than 20 college programs before deciding Syracuse was the best fit.

Paulushandled the transition to football well when one considers he playedfor a team that had won a total of 10 games the previous four seasonsand whose offensive line was constantly in flux as Marrone perseveredwith a depleted roster.

"You have to respect him just coming inhere, not playing the game for four years, not knowing any of histeammates," said Chris Gedney, an All-American tight end at Syracuse inthe early 1990s and now an analyst on football broadcasts. "Everythingwas new again. I thought he did exceptionally well with handlinghimself, and that's the biggest thing.

"It's hard to train forfootball. You're not really building," Gedney said. "You're trying tomaintain what you've put together with a little bit of emphasis ongrowth. It's a grind, but if the team's got a good conditioning programand you continue to grow, who knows where your ceiling's at?"

Pauluswas a record-setting quarterback at Christian Brothers Academy inSyracuse. As a senior running a spread offense, Paulus threw for 3,700yards and 43 touchdowns in a 13-0 season. He finished his prep careerwith 11,763 yards and 152 touchdowns passing and was named 2004Gatorade High School National Football Player of the Year.

Heavily recruited, Paulus opted for basketball and became an Academic All-American and two-year team captain at Duke.

Becausehe graduated from Duke in four years and did not redshirt, Paulus wasable to obtain a waiver from the NCAA, allowing him to play one seasonof football at a different school without sitting a year.

Paulus has kept in touch with Marrone, who left his job as offensive coordinator and offensive line coach for the New Orleans Saints to take over at Syracuse.
"He'sbeen a great resource. He's helped me," Paulus said. "My passion is aspassionate as ever. It's been on an upswing ever since I started doingthis. Obviously, I'd love to have a shot [at the NFL]. That's the No. 1priority."

'09 Cromartie>>>>>>>>'09 Sheppard. Hopefully he can return to his pro-bowl form. Jets really need to get a pass rusher, that'll help tremendously.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I heard today on the radio that the Skins are not expected to make a big splash in FA.....they are going to fill some holes on the O-Line, but there won't be any mega-deals like we've seen in years past. This is a good thing. It goes to show that Bruce Allen/Shanny are sticking to a plan and not letting Danny Boy run the team into the ground anymore (I hope). They were also saying that the team is VERY high on LeGarrette Blount. RB is a position that needs a major upgrade.

*Gift...what do you think about passing on drafting a QB in the draft and signing a guy like Chad Pennington to a 2 year deal or something along those lines? Of course Pennington/Campbell aren't the answers, but you can at least build up depth on the o-line over the next year or so...and then focus on drafting a QB in 2011. Have Campbell as your #1 going into the season, but he'll be on a short leash....

I like the idea. (Though I'd hope we'd can find someone better than Pennington)

At the same time I think Shanahan would want to start getting a young guy ready sooner and is the type who picks linemen later in drafts (based on the past) hoping to find a diamond in the rough 

I love the thought of Blount too...

Tony Pashos is at ******* Park according to ******** Insider. What do you think about bringing Lito Sheppard (Got to replace Smoot) and/or OJ Attogwe (Heard he has a low tender offer on the Radio)?

damn we just released Damione Lewis...nobody on our starting defensive is coming back next year
laugh.gif
we wern't that bad at stopping the run were we?

Lions aren't waiting around. 
eek.gif

What are the Bears doin if they trade Olsen? 
grin.gif
  For manulnanananluleaua?  Really?  
I hope that's just an added player and they don't trade him.

Cro for a 2011 pick? 
smh.gif

Good move by the Jets.  Damn good move. 

Rolle turnin a 5 year deal with Miami down. 
smh.gif
smh.gif

Eagles and Pats are now in the running for Peppers...

Eagles FB Leonard Weaver got a 3 year deal worth more than $10 million...

KVB with Suh/McCoy and Avril should be a better start to slowing teams down. I think this crew knows how to draft. Hopefully they can get a steal of an OL in the 2nd. Other than that, they are picking up solid players and apparently showing they might know what to do to get winners on the field

Adam_Schefter RT @ProFootballTalk

"Chad Clifton to visit ******** ... If he signs there, ******** no longer have to draft an OT in round one."

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 It's like the National Media is begging/waiting for us to draft one of those garbage QBs with that 1st pick. It would be a stupid move and alot of idiots at ES are thinking the same thing now that we are most likely going to sign Clifton and Pashos...like the problem would be solved. Please.

AlvinKeels

The Dolphins will be releasing safety Gibril Wilson 2day which will make him free to sign with any other team.

GGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

[h1][/h1]
Associated Press

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- After playing point guard at Duke and quarterback at Syracuse, Greg Paulus is ready for a new frontier -- the NFL.

"You dream of these things. To have this opportunity, I wanted to take advantage of it," the 23-year-old Paulus said as he prepared for Thursday's pro day before at least a dozen NFL teams at Syracuse. "In the back of my mind this was definitely something I wanted. Hopefully, we're going to get some positive feedback. I'll do the best I can."

Maybe the Patriots will give him a shot if they can't get Tebow.........

In two years, Gibril Wilson has been paid an amazing $24 million in guaranteed money for a pair of one-and-done seasons.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

[h1][/h1]
Associated Press

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- After playing point guard at Duke and quarterback at Syracuse, Greg Paulus is ready for a new frontier -- the NFL.

"You dream of these things. To have this opportunity, I wanted to take advantage of it," the 23-year-old Paulus said as he prepared for Thursday's pro day before at least a dozen NFL teams at Syracuse. "In the back of my mind this was definitely something I wanted. Hopefully, we're going to get some positive feedback. I'll do the best I can."

Maybe the Patriots will give him a shot if they can't get Tebow.........

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

What are the Bears doin if they trade Olsen? 
grin.gif
  For manulnanananluleaua?  Really?  
I hope that's just an added player and they don't trade him.

Well Manu has played for Martz before and you know his system doesn't really call for TE's to catch that many passes or excel.  Just need someone surehanded.  I'm guessing that's the logic.  I personally think they'll trade Olsen.

^
then they're stupid.  Cutler needs all the weapons he can get.  You gonna trade away one of his best ones?  A strength of his no less using the tight end? 
smh.gif

It'd be one thing if he had 3 wides like Martz had in St Louis, but he don't exactly have that here.  Unless he plans on trading Olsen for a high draft pick, signing TO and Tory Holt or somethin, I don't see point in trading one of the few weapons that Cutler does have.  Even if Manu does know the system. 

vanden bosch is gonna sign with detriot
frown.gif

kvb, thanks for your hard work throughout the years @ tennessee

I think someone mentioned it before about getting a pick for Olsen and turning that into Boldin. If that's the end game, then that works out pretty well for them.

I don't agree with it but I see where they'd come from with it. Just look at VD, two years ago in Martz' system poor #'s and after Martz leaves he puts up huge #'s. So I doubt many plays will be drawn for Olsen.

Back
Top Bottom