Originally Posted by SonOfTony

vanden bosch is gonna sign with detriot
frown.gif

kvb, thanks for your hard work throughout the years @ tennessee

He said that Coach got him drunk and woke up today and said "I DID WHAT?!"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I wish

KVB, Suh, Corey Williams, Cliff Avril.. sounds like a damn good D-Line to me, I'm extremely pleased with the new Lions regime. Now just give us a left tackle and a corner, and maybe we can win some games.

I understand that Olsen may not be the best fit in Martz' system, but the Bears need to use Greg Olsen. He is much too talented to not get looks. If we can get a good receiver for him, then sure trade him, but Mike Martz being here next year is not a sure thing, why would we trade away one of our young assets???

Please Bears, don't be stupid.

[h1]Three teams chasing Rolle, deal could come today[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2010 12:41 PM ET

Though safety Antrel Rolle has launched his free-agent tour with a visit to the Giants, a league source tells us that three teams remain in the hunt for his services.

Per the source, it's down to the Giants, Dolphins, and Cardinals.

We're told that the deal will "probably" get done later today or tonight.

So stay tuned.

Jay_Glazer

Peppers and taylor in chicago taking physicals. Kampman on his way to philly for visit NOT seattle. Osgood heading to jags for visit

Olsens had one decent season, if u can fool someone into giving u a 2nd or 3rd round pick, Good Job, do it

I understand the Lions wanted a Vet WR but Burleson for 25 Mil. I dont understand that one.

[h2]Mel Kiper's latest 2010 Big Board 3/5/10[/h2]
By Mel Kiper Jr.
ESPN.com

The next mock draft -- a joint effort with Todd McShay from Scouts Inc. -- will be Wednesday. Here's the current Big Board.

While there are rumors that the Rams might select Oklahoma's Sam Bradford with the No. 1 pick, it's important to remember that he -- and Jimmy Clausen and other quarterbacks -- still need to throw, which they didn't do at the combine. Pro days and other evaluations will continue to develop this picture.

board_bar.png

1.jpg

Ndamukong Suhhttp://search.espn.go.com/mel-kiper-jr./

DT

6-4

158.gif

Analysis: Explosive, relentless and consistent. Last week: No. 1

2.jpg

Gerald McCoyhttp://search.espn.go.com/mel-kiper-jr./

DT

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead. Last week: No. 2

3.jpg

Eric Berryhttp://search.espn.go.com/mel-kiper-jr./

DB

5-11

2633.gif

Analysis: Ultimate playmaker in the Ed Reed mold. Last week: No. 3

4.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4960457#Jimmy Clausenhttp://search.espn.go.com/mel-kiper-jr./

QB

6-3

87.gif

Analysis: Accurate, under-center experience, competitive and tough. Last week: No. 4

5.jpg

Sam Bradfordhttp://search.espn.go.com/mel-kiper-jr./

QB

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Underrated arm, great feel for position, super accurate. Last week: No. 6

6.jpg

Derrick Morganhttp://search.espn.go.com/mel-kiper-jr./

DE

6-4

59.gif

Analysis: Solid pass-rusher and stout versus the run. Very productive. Last week: No. 7

7.jpg

Jason Pierre-Paul

DE

6-5

58.gif

Analysis: Explosive, natural pass-rusher; raw but physically gifted. Last week: No. 9

8.jpg

C.J. Spiller

RB

5-11

228.gif

Analysis: Multitalented, versatile, electrifying game breaker. Last week: No. 10

9.jpg

Russell Okung

OT

6-5

197.gif

Analysis: Athletic, strong and fiery blindside pass-protector. Last week: No. 12

10.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4960457#Dez Bryant

WR

6-2

197.gif

Analysis: Dynamic receiver and returner. Draft's best downfield threat. Last week: No. 11

11.jpg

Rolando McClain

LB

6-4

333.gif

Analysis: Fiery, vocal team leader with top instincts for position. Last week: No. 8

12.jpg

Joe Haden

CB

5-11

57.gif

Analysis: Polished cover corner with tackling ability to match. Last week: No. 5

13.jpg

Brian Price

DT

6-2

26.gif

Analysis: Powerful leverage guy who wreaks havoc along the line. Last week: No. 14

14.jpg

Trent Williams

OT

6-5

201.gif

Analysis: Long and strong. Can help immediately at RT. Last week: No. 24

15.jpg

Sergio Kindle

LB

6-4

251.gif

Analysis: Improved all season; prototype 3-4 OLB in NFL. Last week: No. 15

16.jpg

Dan Williams

DT

6-3

2633.gif

Analysis: High motor, consistent, tremendously powerful lower body. Last week: No. 17

17.jpg

Brandon Graham

DE

6-2

130.gif

Analysis: Awesome athlete, force off the edge, led nation in TFLs. Last week: No. 20

18.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4960457#Maurkice Pounceyhttp://search.espn.go.com/mel-kiper-jr./

C/G

6-5

57.gif

Analysis: Athletic, versatile interior lineman. Rising quickly. Last week: No. 18

19.jpg

Everson Griffen

DE

6-3

30.gif

Analysis: Supremely talented pass-rusher; has added consistency. Last week: No. 16

20.jpg

Devin McCourty

CB

5-11

164.gif

Analysis: Top-end speed, solid cover and ball skills. Last week: NR

21.jpg

Earl Thomas

S

5-10

251.gif

Analysis: Covers a ton of ground, great in big games. Last week: 23

22.jpg

Arrelious Benn

WR

6-2

356.gif

Analysis: Explosive, physical wideout; strong in return game. Last week: No. 19

23.jpg

Anthony Davis

OT

6-6

164.gif

Analysis: Gifted physically, has quick feet and is still improving. Last week: 13

24.jpg

Jermaine Gresham

TE

6-6

201.gif

Analysis: Great talent but missed season. Workouts will be big. Last week: NR

25.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4960457#Demaryius Thomas

WR

6-3

59.gif

Analysis: Big-time downfield threat; great size and speed combo. Last week: No. 25

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I heard today on the radio that the Skins are not expected to make a big splash in FA.....they are going to fill some holes on the O-Line, but there won't be any mega-deals like we've seen in years past. This is a good thing. It goes to show that Bruce Allen/Shanny are sticking to a plan and not letting Danny Boy run the team into the ground anymore (I hope). They were also saying that the team is VERY high on LeGarrette Blount. RB is a position that needs a major upgrade.

*Gift...what do you think about passing on drafting a QB in the draft and signing a guy like Chad Pennington to a 2 year deal or something along those lines? Of course Pennington/Campbell aren't the answers, but you can at least build up depth on the o-line over the next year or so...and then focus on drafting a QB in 2011. Have Campbell as your #1 going into the season, but he'll be on a short leash....

I like the idea. (Though I'd hope we'd can find someone better than Pennington)

At the same time I think Shanahan would want to start getting a young guy ready sooner and is the type who picks linemen later in drafts (based on the past) hoping to find a diamond in the rough 

I love the thought of Blount too...

Tony Pashos is at ******* Park according to ******** Insider. What do you think about bringing Lito Sheppard (Got to replace Smoot) and/or OJ Attogwe (Heard he has a low tender offer on the Radio)?

I'm guessing Atogwe would be in to push for a starting job alongside Laron Landry.....he's made some big plays in the past couple of years, and this defense needs someone who can have an impact around the ball.

As far as Sheppard....he's on the decline, but he's an upgrade over Smoot.  Maybe this will light a fire under Roger's behind as well if Shanny makes it clear that there is going to be a competion for the #2 CB spot. 

Originally Posted by Kalamazoo52

KVB, Suh, Corey Williams, Cliff Avril.. sounds like a damn good D-Line to me, I'm extremely pleased with the new Lions regime. Now just give us a left tackle and a corner, and maybe we can win some games.

pimp.gif
: hat: hat Lions D-Line just went from one of the worst looking in the league to looking like it can actually stop someone.  Still think the biggest need they need to address in the 2nd round is CB, especially after releasing Buchanon.  Will James  and Henry just aren't going to cut it back there.  I think they can pick up a Left Tackle or Gaurd later in the draft and they need to address that in the 3rd or 4th round, Ben Tate from Auburn is looking like a nice RB pick up in the late 3rd or 4th round as well.

On another note, NFL network has Jake Delhomme up on his news confrence right now and dude is crying.  Dude needs to suck it up and realize he is trash, the past 2 seasons his td-int is 31-31, the 3 years before that it was 89-58,  I repeat 58.  Even before the past 2 years, dude still threw an outragous number of picks.

ok do u think he's crying because he thinks he's been wronged and can still play there? or do u think he's crying because he spent most of his career there, has an emotional attachment to his teammates and coaches, and laid down solid roots in the community and will most likely have to uproot his family ?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

ok do u think he's crying because he thinks he's been wronged and can still play there? or do u think he's crying because he spent most of his career there, has an emotional attachment to his teammates and coaches, and laid down solid roots in the community and will most likely have to uproot his family ?
I'm going to go with the latter on this, I think he knows that the way he has played he can't still play there.  I understand he spent most of his career there and has emotional attatchment to the community.  At the same time though he needs to step back and say to himself "Man, I just really suck".  Plus dude is still going to make alot of money, he doesn't even need to play and he can stay there in NC and continue to be apart of the community.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Peppers, Taylor signings imminent[/h1]
By Neil Hayes on March 5, 2010 12:08 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

The Bears signing of free-agent defensive end Julius Peppers is imminent, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

A separate source has told Sean Jensen of the Sun-Times that formerVikings running back Chester Taylor will also sign with the Bearstoday. A press conference announcing the signings of Peppers, Taylorand tight end Brandon Manumaleuna is expected to be held at Halas Halllater this afternoon.

The source said that although the Patriots and Eagles have also madeoffers for Peppers, the deal the Bears are offering is worth more perseason and it would be a huge upset if Peppers left Halas Hall, wherehe is visiting today, without signing what is expected to be a six-yearcontract with approximately $12-14 million per year with the firstthree years guaranteed. The source said the Eagles and Pats areoffering deals that are closer to $10 million per year.

Link

Peace out Chester...I guess....

Schefter just confirmed on Sportscenter that Taylor signed with the Bears, 4yrs/12mil.

Welp, make that Lions AND Bears aren't playin around. 
laugh.gif
  They throwin money out the windows out there I guess. 

Bill needs to lock up Dansby and Rolle.

TO to the Bengals is a lock isn't it?  Per Ocho a few weeks back. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

TO to the Bengals is a lock isn't it?  Per Ocho a few weeks back. 

Seems to be, but I haven't heard Carson or Marvin comment on it, so idk.  

Two down. One to go.

The Bears reeled in their second free agent of the day at Halas Hall asrunning back Chester Taylor agreed to terms Friday on a contract thatlikely will make him the favorite to be the starter while alsoweakening the backfield in Minnesota.

chestertaylorblog.jpg

Taylor agreed to a $12.5 million, four-year contract with $7million guaranteed, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. That's not faroff the figures of $14 million in total value and $8 million guaranteedthat a league source said the veteran back was gunning for last night.

Taylor flew in this morning along with defensive end Julius Peppers, who is expected to reach an agreement with the team at any moment. Tight end Brandon Manumaleuna had a deal in placefor a five-year contract with $6 million guaranteed and a total valueof more than $17 million before he landed this morning at O'Hare.

Taylor was a third-down back for the Vikings behind Adrian Peterson thelast three seasons, but he rushed for 1,200 yards in Minnesota in 2006.Bears starter Matt Forte struggled this past season, failing to equalhis rookie season totals when he averaged 4.0 yards per carry and ranfor 1,238 yards.

Newoffensive coordinator Mike Martz has talked about the magic numberbeing 4.2 yards per carry. Taylor is an effective receiver out of thebackfield and, at the worst, the Bears now have a solid 1-2 combo. Thesigning also casts into doubt the future of veteran Kevin Jones, who isrehabilitating from an ankle injury suffered in August.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

KVB with Suh/McCoy and Avril should be a better start to slowing teams down. I think this crew knows how to draft. Hopefully they can get a steal of an OL in the 2nd. Other than that, they are picking up solid players and apparently showing they might know what to do to get winners on the field

Add Corey Williams to the mix.  Hopefully this new Lion's defense works out for once.  I think it would be funny if the Lions get Suh/McCoy and then get Mount Cody in the 2nd round.

http://www.freep.com/arti...-get-back-to-my-old-self

Back
Top Bottom