Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by CP1708

Eric Berry at 7? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Browns fans would be lookin like all them white girls when the Beatles were on back in the day. 
I'm starting to like this guy named Todd McShay.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

And I'm down for a pre-combine draft and post-combine draft (same GM's of course).  Should be interesting to see how many dudes change their selections.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

no doubt a new SUPREME sporting network is going to step up one day and take over, it's gotta within the next decade or two I'd think
you might be overestimating the intelligence of the american public. as long as people keep tuning in to watch 5 talking heads argue in june about whether brett favre is mowing his lawn or down by the ol fishin hole and what that means regarding his return/retirement, i don't hold out much hope for actual insight

[h2]Mel Kiper's latest 2010 Big Board[/h2]
By Mel Kiper Jr.
ESPN.com
Archive

As the mock draft season takes over, consider the Big Board a valuable source in terms of understanding overall player value. This week there are some changes: Rolando McClain and Jason Pierre-Paul move up, as does Terrence Cody. Regardless of what you hear about Cody, when you talk to personnel folks, this is a guy who teams believe can fill a need as a classic block-occupying clogger in the middle, and I'm not convinced he'll fall as some believe. But it's still early in the process; Indy will tell us a lot more. I'll be back with a new mock draft next week, by the way.

board_bar.png

1.jpg

Ndamukong Suh

DT

6-4

158.gif

Analysis: Explosive, relentless and consistent. Last week: No. 1

2.jpg

Gerald McCoy

DT

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead. Last week: No. 2

3.jpg

Eric Berry

DB

5-11

2633.gif

Analysis: Ultimate playmaker in the Ed Reed mold. Last week: No. 3

4.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Sam Bradford

QB

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Has underrated arm, great feel for position; is super accurate. Last week: No. 5

5.jpg

Joe Haden

CB

5-11

57.gif

Analysis: Polished cover corner with tackling ability to match. Last week: No. 6

6.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Jimmy Clausen

QB

6-3

87.gif

Analysis: Polished; overcame adversity; under-center experience. Last week: No. 4

7.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Derrick Morgan

DE

6-4

59.gif

Analysis: Solid pass-rusher but stout versus run. Very productive. Last week: No. 7

8.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Dez Bryant

WR

6-2

197.gif

Analysis: Dynamic receiver and returner. Draft's best downfield threat. Last week: No. 9

9.jpg

Rolando McClain

LB

6-4

333.gif

Analysis: Fiery, vocal team leader with top instincts for position. Last week: No. 10

10.jpg

Russell Okung

OT

6-5

197.gif

Analysis: Athletic, strong and fiery blindside pass-protector. Last week: No. 8

11.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Jason Pierre-Paul

DE

6-5

58.gif

Analysis: Explosive, natural pass-rusher; raw but physically gifted. Last week: No. 12

12.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#C.J. Spiller

RB

5-11

228.gif

Analysis: Multitalented, versatile, electrifying game-breaker. Last week: No. 13

13.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Brian Price

DT

6-2

26.gif

Analysis: Powerful leverage guy who wreaks havoc along line. Last week: No. 17

14.jpg

Anthony Davis

OT

6-6

164.gif

Analysis: Gifted physically, has quick feet and still improving. Last week: No. 19

15.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Earl Thomas

S

5-10

251.gif

Analysis: Athletic safety with cover skills; can contribute immediately. Last week: No. 11

16.jpg

Sergio Kindle

LB

6-4

251.gif

Analysis: Improved all year; prototype 3-4 OLB in NFL. Last week: No. 21

17.jpg

Trent Williams

OL

6-5

201.gif

Analysis: Long and strong. Can help immediately at RT. Last week: No. 24

18.jpg

Carlos Dunlap

DE

6-6

57.gif

Analysis: Physical tools are off the charts. Has unlimited upside. Last week: No. 15

19.jpg

Dan Williams

DT

6-3

2633.gif

Analysis: High motor, consistent, tremendously powerful lower body. Last week: No. 14

20.jpg

Everson Griffen

DE

6-3

30.gif

Analysis: Supremely talented pass-rusher; has added consistency. Last week: No. 18

21.jpg

Brandon Graham

DE

6-2

130.gif

Analysis: Awesome athlete; force off the edge; led nation in TFLs. Last week: No. 20

22.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Kyle Wilson

CB

5-10

68.gif

Analysis: Solid cover corner, with added return skills. Last week: No. 23

23.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Bryan Bulaga

OL

6-6

2294.gif

Analysis: His incredible leverage is a big asset. Last week: No. 22

24.jpg

Aaron Hernandez

TE

6-2

57.gif

Analysis: Great hands and excellent run-after-catch skills for a TE. Last week: No. 16

25.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4902733#Terrence Cody

DT

6-3

333.gif

Analysis: Block-occupying clogger; ideal 3-4 DT. Last week: NR

So Mel has Jimmy at 6th on his board, and Todd says he's not even a first rounder.  Welp, we know what they'll be arguin about this season. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Speaking of the devil........

[h2]O-line and D-line take over top 10[/h2][h3]
[h3]Updated top 10 includes only one skill player and one defensive back[/h3]

By Todd McShay
ESPN.com
Archive

Much has been made of the strength of the 2010 defensive tackle class, and the fact that the first two picks in Scouts Inc.'s latest first-round projection are defensive tackles is no surprise.

However, the offensive tackles are coming on strong, and we now project four offensive tackles to come off the board in the first eight picks. Add a pair of defensive ends to the players mentioned above, and you have eight linemen among the first 10 picks.

That leaves little room at the top for skill players and defensive backs, and some of the biggest names on our board have slipped significantly in our latest projection.

Here's how we see things shaking out now that the college all-star games are over and prospects are preparing for the upcoming NFL combine.

1.png

[h6]St. Louis Rams[/h6]
Record: 1-15

stl.gif

Gerald McCoy*, DT, Oklahoma
[/h3]

Wow I agree with McShay.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif

How can Kiper say Bradford has a underrated arm? Did he forget Sam Bradford had two shoulder injuries to his throwing shoulder? Did he see the game against Florida before any of these injuries?
grin.gif

Just need 2 more GMs

GM Roster

[table][tr][th=""]Pick[/th][th=""]Slotted team[/th][th=""]Record[/th][th=""]Note[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Rams/GUNNA GET IT[/td][td]1-15[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Lions/CP1708[/td][td]2-14[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Bucs/jville819[/td][td]3-13[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]********/TheGift23[/td][td]4-12[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]Chiefs/dreClark[/td][td]4-12[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Seahawks/USA Pride4Life[/td][td]5-11[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Browns/EnEyeKayEe[/td][td]5-11[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Raiders/SoHi 23[/td][td]5-11[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Bills/Kiddin Like Jason[/td][td]6-10[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Jaguars/MDterps4[/td][td]7-9[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]Bears/Wraith aka invincible[/td][td]7-9[/td][td]Broncos acquired Bears' pick [/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]Dolphins/h3at23[/td][td]7-9[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]49ers/bright nikes[/td][td]8-8[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]Broncos/gangsta207therevolution[/td][td]8-8[/td][td]Seahawks acquired Broncos' pick [/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]Giants/The Wizard[/td][td]8-8[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]Titans/Chester the Cheetah [/td][td]8-8[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]Panthers/Mr Fizzy Womack[/td][td]8-8[/td][td]49ers acquired Panthers' pick [/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]Steelers/Ecook0808[/td][td]9-7[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]Texans/Statis22[/td][td]9-7[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Falcons/ChampCruThik[/td][td]9-7[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Bengals/DaComeUP[/td][td]10-6[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Patriots/DeadsetAce[/td][td]10-6[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Packers/fraij da 5 11[/td][td]11-5[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Eagles/TrillipinoTrapstar[/td][td]11-5[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]Ravens/theone2401[/td][td]9-7[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]26[/td][td]Cardinals/Respect21 [/td][td]10-6[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]27[/td][td]Cowboys/Nowitness41Dirk [/td][td]11-5[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]28[/td][td]Chargers/airmaxpenny1[/td][td]11-5[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]Jets/Yankeephan87[/td][td]9-7[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]Vikings/JPZx[/td][td]12-4[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]31[/td][td]Colts/Black Jesus[/td][td]14-2[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]32[/td][td]Saints/yungchris504 [/td][td]13-3[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Note: Coin flips will decide which NFL teams pick 10th, 16th and 19th.[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by dreClark

How the hell is Bradford a 1st rounder but Jimmy Clausen isn't?
I really think Clausen +!*!+# McShay's girl or something. Todd has had a vendetta since the day Jimmy declared.

problem is I try to tell my homies this exact same thing and they just think I'm trying to be some big headed know it all
eyes.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this is the dude who goes on a gambling hot streak and goes up to everyone he knows and says "MY MIND IS SO GREAT!!" then ends up losing most of the money back because he
smokin.gif
and ended up on tilt making stupid bets on women's college basketball
nerd.gif
roll.gif

but yeah, you right about ESPN gav
laugh.gif

Kiper and McShay BEEN going at it about Clausen. I think McShay has a personal beef with Jimmy.

And Pouncey the 1st pick for Indy? Ehhh I dunno...I mean maybe but I think they'd go after a DT like Price or a Corner or something first.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by dreClark

How the hell is Bradford a 1st rounder but Jimmy Clausen isn't?
I really think Clausen +!*!+# McShay's girl or something. Todd has had a vendetta since the day Jimmy declared.

problem is I try to tell my homies this exact same thing and they just think I'm trying to be some big headed know it all
eyes.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this is the dude who goes on a gambling hot streak and goes up to everyone he knows and says "MY MIND IS SO GREAT!!" then ends up losing most of the money back because he
smokin.gif
and ended up on tilt making stupid bets on women's college basketball
nerd.gif
roll.gif

but yeah, you right about ESPN gav
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I would say DT is a much needed priority than RB but all was on point. All help is needed.
frown.gif

nerd.gif
Rams fans, we've been hearing Suh is not as much of a lock to go number 1 as some thought but if the Rams are looking closely at someone else # 1 it would almost have to be for Clausen/Bradford, right?

and Bucs fans, is EB14 likely #1 on your big board?

ATTN GMs:

The 2010 NT NFL Mock Draft Vol. Pre-Combine: Feb 12, 2010 or Feb 15, 2010 12:00PM EST

The 2010 NT NFL Mock Draft Vol. Post-Combine: TBD

The 2010 NT NFL Mock Draft Vol. Pre-Draft: TBD 

Ask and you shall receive........

I wouldnt see why the Rams wont go for Suh... Majority of the teams arent even looking for a QB... And there will be a few and Im sure 1 will slip to the beginning of the second round for the Rams to pick up if anything...

Hopefully the 49ers dont @#++ up on this draft
smh.gif

Rams will be sold to Illinois businessman Shahid Khan

shahidkhan300.jpg

Shahid Khan (Courtesy of University of Illinois Athletic Dept.)

By Bernie Miklasz

COPYRIGHT [emoji]169[/emoji] 2010 - ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

02/11/2010

Rams owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez have entered into a signed agreement to sell the team to Shahid Khan, multiple NFL sources told the Post-Dispatch late Wednesday night.

Khan, 55, is the president of Flex-N-Gate Corp., an auto-parts manufacturer based in Urbana, Ill. Khan has lived in the Champaign-Urbana area for more than 40 years and is married with two adult children. Khan is a graduate of the School of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at the University of Illinois.

According to league sources, Khan will purchase the 60 percent of the team owned by siblings Rosenbloom and Rodriguez, who inherited the franchise from their late mother, Georgia Frontiere, in early 2008. NFL owners must approve the sale.
MORE

bullet.gif
 BERNIE'S PRESS BOX: Rams sold thread

bullet.gif
 BLOG: Updates from Bernie

The Rams owners and Khan won't close on the deal until sometime next month.

Stan Kroenke owns the 40 percent remaining, and it's unclear if Kroenke plans to retain his share. If Kroenke wants to be bought out, sources say Khan is likely to do so, and that would make him the 100 percent owner.

Kroenke also has the right of first refusal to buy the Rosenbloom-Rodriguez 60 percent, but current NFL rules barring cross ownership prevent Kroenke from taking over as the team's majority owner. Kroenke owns the Denver Nuggets in the NBA and the Colorado Avalanche in the NHL. To buy a controlling interest, Kroenke would have to persuade the NFL to change its ownership rules.

Multiple league sources describe Khan as an enthusiastic Rams fan who has attended home games at the Edward Jones Dome. League sources say Khan is committed to keeping the team in St. Louis — and that was an important consideration to Rosenbloom and Rodriguez in making their decision to sell to him.

The Rams will probably be able to vacate their lease agreement after the 2014 season, but sources say Khan is willing to work with local leaders in an effort to assure the team's long-term future in St. Louis. A source noted Khan's deep and stable roots in central Illinois as a sign that he wants to own an NFL franchise in St. Louis — and in no other market.

Moreover, Khan is said to have special feelings for St. Louis because he arrived in St. Louis early in his life when his parents moved to the United States from Pakistan.

Khan began working for Flex-N-Gate in 1970 and has owned the company since 1980. Under Khan's direction, Flex-N-Gate's revenue has increased to more than $2 billion. The company manufactures metal and plastic automotive components and assemblies, such as bumpers, grilles, hinges, interior panels and pillars, latches, pedal systems, parking brakes and running boards for a wide range of customers in the automobile industry including BMW, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, General Motors, Toyota and Volvo. Flex-N-Gate has more than 50 manufacturing and engineering facilities in the U.S., Argentina, Canada, Mexico and Spain.

Khan received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at Illinois in 1999 and has served on multiple boards at Illinois.

One concern is Khan's ongoing dispute with the IRS over prior income-tax obligations.

Sources say Khan's dispute is unlikely to be a major issue in the sale, pointing out that Khan was thoroughly vetted by the Goldman-Sachs investment broker, which conducted background checks on potential buyers before submitting acceptable applicants to Rosenbloom and Rodriguez. Rams owners hired Goldman-Sachs to screen potential candidates.

Rosenbloom and Rodriguez entertained several other offers for the Rams, including one from a group led by Blues Chairman Dave Checketts.

Rosenbloom declined to comment Wednesday when reached via text message.
Buddy sounds like a dream come true... Deep pockets, local roots, and smart as hell....

Hopefully he'll get some good football guys around him to turn the Rams around

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

nerd.gif
Rams fans, we've been hearing Suh is not as much of a lock to go number 1 as some thought but if the Rams are looking closely at someone else # 1 it would almost have to be for Clausen/Bradford, right?

and Bucs fans, is EB14 likely #1 on your big board?

no mccoy and suh are 1A and 1B, berry is right behind them though

ATTN GMs:

The 2010 NT NFL Mock Draft Vol. Pre-Combine: Feb 12, 2010 or Feb 15, 2010 12:00PM EST

excellent....

im in for all three, heat.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

ATTN GMs:

excellent....

Cosign.

That new Rams owner looks like Geraldo
laugh.gif

[h1]Giants cut ties with Antonio Pierce[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 11, 2010 1:08 PM ET

The New York Giants' defensive housecleaning is picking up steam.

A month after defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan was let go, the team cut defensive captain Antonio Pierce Thursday, according to Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger.  Pierce informed the paper of the move by email.

The move will come as a surprise to Pierce.  "With everything I gave New York the past five years, I feel I'll be here," he said in December.

But NFL teams don't pay on past performance and Pierce's salary ($4.75 million) was tough for the Giants to absorb considering his declining play and health questions.  Pierce missed the final seven games of the 2009 season with a bulging disc in his neck.

Pierce's production declined after the team's Super Bowl run, but he still proved to be a fantastic free agent acquisition by Ernie Accorsi in 2005 from the ********.  The team is expected to confirm Pierce's release shortly

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

ATTN GMs:

excellent....

Back
Top Bottom