Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Speaking of....

[h1]Another ******** player could be caught up in Galea case[/h1] The developments have been coming quickly in the case of Dr. Anthony Galea, who reportedly had ******** receiver Santana Moss on his list of hGH-receiving patients.

According to Chris Russell of 106.7 The Fan in D.C., another ******** player could be caught up in the case.

Per Russell, the legal documents refer to an "Athlete T" who received treatment from Galea in the Washington area on September 3, 2009.

That night, the ******** were playing their final preseason game against the Jaguars.  In Jacksonville.

Thus,any ******** player who was in Jacksonville for the game wouldn't havebeen receiving treatment from Dr. Galea in D.C.  But any *******splayer who didn't make the trip would be a potential recipient of Dr.Galea's services -- and possibly a recipient of hGH.

That said, it's not yet known that the Washington-area patient was a member of the ********.

Still, why do we have a feeling that this thing is going to get bigger and uglier before it ever begins to fade away?
smh.gif
This is about to get uglier than Bubba Sparks....

About Revis...

Revis also denied rumors that he's seeking $20 million per season.

"[color= rgb(51, 153, 0)]I don't know where the $20million came from[/color]," Revis said. "I'm sureit's not going to be up in that area. That's insane. That'd be great.Who wouldn't want $20 million? That's a high price. I just want to makeit as positive as I can. I don't want it to get messy. And just try todo it the right way."

Revis, 24, admittedly is looking to become the league's highest-paid cornerback ahead of the Raiders' Nnamdi Asomugha, who will earn $15.2 million per season.

"This is nothing behind closed doors (like) I am fighting againstthe Jets and they are fighting against me," Revis said. "I have talkedto [color= rgb(51, 153, 0)]Coach (Rex) Ryan and (general manager Mike) Tannenbaum himself. Theybelieve I should be the highest-paid player at my position.[/color] Theyunderstand that and I understand that. It is something that is going toget done. The Jets are family to me."

The shutdown cornerback, however, doesn't plan on holding out if a new deal isn't reached soon.

"I told them I wasn't going to hold out at OTA," he said. "As of right now, I'm not even thinking about that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/05/20/...contract_of_cornerback_darrelle_revis.html

[h1]
[h1]Judge tightens restrictions for Packers’ Johnny Jolly[/h1]
By Associated Press
Friday, May 21, 2010 - Added 1m ago

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...rticleid=1256378&format=comments#CommentsArea 

HOUSTON — Green Bay Packers defensive end Johnny Jolly is facing tougher restrictions for being free on bond on a drug charge.

Texas State District Judge Mike Anderson amended the conditions of Jolly’s bond during a hearing Friday. A prosecutor said he learned the football player had been frequenting nightclubs since his 2008 arrest outside a Houston club for illegally possessing at least 200 grams of codeine.

Jolly’s photograph even appeared on a flyer advertising a party at a Houston nightclub.

Anderson ordered additional drug testing for Jolly, an evaluation by a drug counselor and a curfew. Jolly also was told to stay out of nightclubs in addition to a drug and alcohol ban.
[/h1]

Revis also denied rumors that he's seeking $20 million per season.

"[color= rgb(51, 153, 0)]I don't know where the $20million came from[/color]," Revis said. "I'm sureit's not going to be up in that area. That's insane. That'd be great.Who wouldn't want $20 million? That's a high price. I just want to makeit as positive as I can. I don't want it to get messy. And just try todo it the right way."

Revis, 24, admittedly is looking to become the league's highest-paid cornerback ahead of the Raiders' Nnamdi Asomugha, who will earn $15.2 million per season.

"This is nothing behind closed doors (like) I am fighting againstthe Jets and they are fighting against me," Revis said. "I have talkedto [color= rgb(51, 153, 0)]Coach (Rex) Ryan and (general manager Mike) Tannenbaum himself. Theybelieve I should be the highest-paid player at my position.[/color] Theyunderstand that and I understand that. It is something that is going toget done. The Jets are family to me."

The shutdown cornerback, however, doesn't plan on holding out if a new deal isn't reached soon.

"I told them I wasn't going to hold out at OTA," he said. "As of right now, I'm not even thinking about that."

The highest paid DB based off what?

He's back....
[h1]Report: Favre undergoes ankle surgery[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 21, 2010 7:16 PM ET
The annual Brett Favre retirement dance is ending early this offseason.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Favre underwent arthroscopic surgeryon his left ankle on Friday morning.  Dr. James Andrews performed theprocedure, intended to clean up scar tissue to free up range ofmotion.  It will take 4-6 weeks to recover.

Favre may notannounce his return until training camp is half over.  (He will want toreport to Minneapolis, not Mankato.)  He will probably say that hehasn't made his decision yet. But the timing of the surgery -- the factthat Favre underwent any surgery -- says otherwise. 

He's coming back, just like everyone expected all along.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

[h1]
By Associated Press

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...rticleid=1256378&format=comments#CommentsArea 

HOUSTON — Green Bay Packers defensive end Johnny Jolly is facing tougher restrictions for being free on bond on a drug charge.

Texas State District Judge Mike Anderson amended the conditions of Jolly’s bond during a hearing Friday. A prosecutor said he learned the football player had been frequenting nightclubs since his 2008 arrest outside a Houston club for illegally possessing at least 200 grams of codeine.

Jolly’s photograph even appeared on a flyer advertising a party at a Houston nightclub.

Anderson ordered additional drug testing for Jolly, an evaluation by a drug counselor and a curfew. Jolly also was told to stay out of nightclubs in addition to a drug and alcohol ban.
[/h1]

and his curfew is set from 6pm to 6am...lmao

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

[h1]
By Associated Press

[/h1]
and his curfew is set from 6pm to 6am...lmao

good thing there is nothing to do in Green Bay

[h1]Latest StarCaps decision likely means Williamses will be available all year[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on May 21, 2010 11:47 AM ET
We've obtained and digested the 11-page written opinion from Judge GaryLarson regarding his decision to extend a temporary injunction thatprevents the implementation of four-game suspensions against Vikingsdefensive tackles Pat and Kevin Williams until their appeal is resolved. 

Our first impression?  It's highly unlikely that the Williamses will be suspended at any point in the 2010 season.

Evenif the NFL expedites the process before the Minnesota Court of Appeals,nothing in Judge Larson's order suggests that it applies only to thefirst of two levels available to the Williamses.  After the MinnesotaCourt of Appeals comes the Minnesota Supreme Court, and it would bevirtually unprecedented if both levels of appeal were resolved beforethe end of the calendar year.

[h1]Report: ******** still want to trade Haynesworth[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 24, 2010 8:09 AM ET

Washington ******** coach Mike Shanahan hasn't backed away from his emphatic statement that defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth will not be traded. But reports keep surfacing that the ******** want to trade him.

The latest report comes from Jason Reid of the Washington Post, who writes, citing "people with knowledge of the situation," that the ******** still would prefer to trade Haynesworth before the season.

If Haynesworth doesn't get traded he's going to be behind his teammates in learning the new defense. ******** defensive coordinator Jim Haslett says Haynesworth has already missed a lot of valuable time in the offseason program.

"When I first got here, we met on a daily basis with the players, we did walk-throughs three times a week with the players . . . so it was a process," Haslett said. "And it wasn't you walk in and one day you know [everything]. It was probably a two-month process just to get 'em lined up right. . . .

"So to walk in off the street and to think you're going to know . . . this is one of these defenses that you just don't walk in and think you're going to learn right away. It's not that easy."

Haslett says of Haynesworth's decision to skip voluntary workouts, "It's not right, it's just the way it is."

[h1]Dolphins guard Justin Smiley dealt to Jaguars[/h1][h2][/h2] 
Acquired in 2008 as free agent from 49ers, lineman battled injuries

By Omar Kelly, Sun Sentinel

4:52 p.m. EDT, May 24, 2010

Justin Smiley is on the verge of finding work for 2010 after nearly three months of dwelling in employment limbo.

The Dolphins traded Smiley, the team's starting left guard the past two seasons, to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday for a late-round conditional draft pick. But the deal is contingent on Smiley passing a physical.

Smiley, who lives in Alabama, is in transit to Jacksonville to take the physical. If his left shoulder, which has been surgically repaired twice, checks out, he'll be property of the Jaguars.

A source close the situation said the Dolphins gave Smiley's new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, permission to broker a trade, and he quickly found something suitable for both parties.

Smiley had been banished by the team since March and told not to attend the Dolphins' organized team activities because they had intended to trade him. The source said a few teams, most notably the Colts and Seahawks, expressed interest during the draft, but the Dolphins balked at the late-round offers.

What Miami gets back from Jacksonville for Smiley likely depends on the role he plays this upcoming season.

Unless Smiley's contract is re-negotiated, he's set to earn $3 million in 2010, but $100,000 of that comes from a workout bonus. His salary jumped up to $4.9 million in 2011, with another $100,000 workout bonus. And in 2012, the final year of the deal he signed as a free agent with the Dolphins in 2008, he's slated to earn $5 million ($500,000 of which is a roster bonus, and $100,000 is a workout bonus).

As for who replaces Smiley at guard, the Dolphins now have five players vying for both starting spots.

Nate Garner, who is nursing an undisclosed injury, and Donald Thomas each started half the season at right guard last year, and the team viewed Smiley expendable because of their progress.

The Dolphins added free agent Richie Incognito as an upgrade at right guard this offseason, and Ole Miss offensive guard John Jerry was drafted in the third round last month. Jerry is working primarily at left guard, Smiley's old spot.

Dolphins on Monday also signed offensive lineman Cory Procter, the team announced. Proctor, 27, is entering his sixth NFL season, having spent his first five with the Dallas Cowboys, after being signed off the Detroit Lions' practice squad in 2005.

The 6-foot-4, 311-pound Procter has played in 44 games, including 13 starts. A versatile contributor, Procter has the ability to play and provide depth at multiple positions along the offensive line. In 2008, Proctor started a career-high 11 games at left guard.

Miami Dolphins sign offensive lineman Cory Procter

On the same day the Miami Dolphins found a trade partner for former starting guard Justin Smiley, the franchise finalized a multi-year deal to add another interior offensive lineman.

Cory Procter, who Tony Sparano coached for three seasons in Dallas, was signed on Monday.

The 6-foot-4, 311-pounder joins an already crowded offensive line, and will likely compete with Richie Incognito, Donald Thomas, Nate Garner, and rookie John Jerry for one of the two vacant starting guard spots.

Since being cut by the Cowboys, which released him earlier this month to avoid paying Proctor the $1.759 million tender he signed, the former Montana standout had worked out for the Broncos, Patriots and Miami.

His familiarity with this regime, and their familiarity with him, was what sealed the deal a source close to the situation said.

Procter, 27, was active for every game in 2009 but saw only brief action at center and guard. In 2008, Procter started 11 of 16 games at left guard with Kyle Kosier suffering a serious foot injury that kept him out for most of the season. Procter started two games in 2007.

http://www.boston.com/spo...0/05/pats_saints_to.html

Pats, Saints to 'practice jointly' as well
Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff May 25, 2010 11:42 AM
Apparently the word "scrimmage" has become a dirty one in the NFL, because teams don't seem to want to use it anymore...so the term du jour is "joint practice."

At any rate, the Patriots will likely have a couple more, now with the New Orleans Saints. According to a league source, the two sides have agreed in principle to the practices, but the details are still being worked out.

New England's first preseason game is at home against the defending Super Bowl champions, and the two teams will hold some joint practices before the Aug. 12 tilt.

New Orleans coach Sean Payton has not made a secret of his admiration for Bill Belichick; as Saints' beat writer Jeff Duncan noted today, the two became friends during the 2006 Pro Bowl, over deep-sea fishing and Coronas.

Last Friday came the news that New England and Atlanta will hold joint practices at the Falcons' facility in advance of their preseason game Aug. 19.

Very Confused as to why this would go down

happens every yr, multiple teams do it.

same as running "scrimmages" or "jamborees" with multiple teams in high school

[h1]Teammate: Shockey was "out of it" for a minute[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 27, 2010 4:46 PM ET

The good news is that Jeremy Shockey was able to walk to an ambulance under his own power after experiencing seizure-like symptoms during a weight training session on Thursday.

Still, the incident sounded pretty scary for those who saw it.

One player, talking anonymously to Brian Allee-Walsh of New Orleans.com, described the scene this way:

"It was a little scary; it looked like maybe a mild seizure or a full body cramp or something. There were a decent amount of guys in the weight room at the time," the player said.  "At first nobody really knew what was going on, but the trainers took control of the situation after a while.

"He was shaking and everything, and he was basically out of it for probably a minute or so, but it seemed longer. After he started coming back everything was pretty much all right. He seemed aware and everything seemed OK after a while. He got up and was walking around.''

It's not fair to draw many conclusions from this account.  We're sure the Saints and Shockey will do everything possible to uncover why this happened, and whether it has anything to do with his hospitalization last year in Las Vegas for dehydration.

[h1]LenDale White could be on the way out in Seattle[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on May 28, 2010 4:19 PM ET

During the 2010 draft, the Seahawks acquired running back LenDale White and defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson from the Titans for a flip-flop of the teams' fourth-round and sixth-round picks.  The move reunited LenDale with his college coach, Pete Carroll.

But the marriage apparently will be short-lived.  Danny O'Neil of the Seattle Times reports that the Seahawks inadvertently posted a press release on the team website indicating White has been released.  Though the release has been removed, O'Neil reports that "indications are that it was not a mistake and White is going to be released."

If it happens, White will become a free agent.  Because he has four years of service, he won't be required to pass through waivers.

The reasons for the coming move aren't clear.  White reportedly has slimmed down, likely in the hopes of having a big season and scoring a large-money, long-term deal.

Maybe he can then re-sign with the Titans, who'll need some insurance at the position in the event that Chris Johnson stages a protracted holdout.

[h1]LenDale facing four-game suspension[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 28, 2010 6:07 PM ET

If any team signs free agent running back LenDale White, it can't expect to have him for the first four games of the 2010 season.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that White is facing a four-game drug suspension.

It is not clear whether the Seahawks, who waived White today, knew of the pending suspension when they acquired him in a trade with the Tennessee Titans during the NFL draft. But La Canfora reports that the reasons for the Seahawks releasing him go beyond the suspension.

Back
Top Bottom