**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

dude said purp, hanging out too much at real gm 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

why is everyone SO down on Landry? Sure dude had an abysmal playoffs but lets not forget that he was a 2nd round pick and probably the 2nd best player in his draft class throughout the season. Him and Melo will coexist, wait for it. No reason to talk about giving him up, stop jumping the gun fellas. Fields will be our starting 2 next season just as he was this season, and hopefully he will take even more strides.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

why is everyone SO down on Landry? Sure dude had an abysmal playoffs but lets not forget that he was a 2nd round pick and probably the 2nd best player in his draft class throughout the season. Him and Melo will coexist, wait for it. No reason to talk about giving him up, stop jumping the gun fellas. Fields will be our starting 2 next season just as he was this season, and hopefully he will take even more strides.
Whether Fields starts or not, he's not the kinda guy that should be getting 30+ minutes a game. Dude does the intangibles well and works hard, but with the way this team is built we need more of a vet in there to make his life easier. Think Seflosha and Harden.

I agree, wholeheartedly. And even if Landry doesn't make dramatic strides in his game, he should at the very least be more consistent. We don't need to have all of our fire power in the starting lineup, but Fields is good enough to run with the starters as well.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

That $14 million expiring contract will be an ASSET at the deadline.

Don't know if it'll be CP3, but we can turn that into something nice.
Deron Williams
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

pimp.gif

CP3 please. Dude has proven he still has it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

How about Grant Hill ?he's upset in PHX said he "don't wanna go out like this"

Both Grant Hill and Shane Battier are free agents.. I would sign both to the vet min.

I would Probably offer Aaron Gray from New Orleans a contract :ohwell:

- Wilson Chandler
- Shane Battier
- Grant Hill
- Aaron Gray
- Dalembert
- Chris Wilcox (Again) ?
- Leon Powe
- K-Mart (Think he comes here w/ Billups / Melo / Carter here )
- Troy Murphy
- Al Thornton
- Radmanovic
- Yao Ming ( IDC, ill sign him, sit him out for half a yr) ( I do think Warriors will over a bit too much)
- Chuck Hayes
- TJ Ford
- DeAndre Jordan
- Jarron Collins
- Reggie Evans

Sign Reggie Evans , Jeff Foster , and JR or Will

Draft Nolan Smith , Brandon Knight, Kemba , or a defensive big

Then trade Billups and Fields for a Big man or a PG at the deadline
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

THEY SCARED NOWW

Of those listed, I'd look into Chandler, Battier (although he's in a good situation in Memphis IMO), Hill, Gray, Dalembert and Evans.

I really don't want to lose out on Turiaf though.

Where can i get womens melo jersey for the low... Wifey's birthday is may 11 and thats all shes been hinting at. I got a keeper : hat

Where can i get womens melo jersey for the low?

Wifey's birthday is may 11 and thats all shes been hinting at. I got a keeper : hat

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I mean, what are the chances we can get Wilson back? What are the chances he wants to come back?

From the sounds of it, seems like Wilson wants to be here, check the NYPost (as reliable as it is
laugh.gif
). Apparently he kept his apartment in the Trump building up in White Plains, and he will, regardless of where he signs. IMO Will is a great piece but he doesn't address anything that we need other than depth. Y'all know if we can get him back here somehow Pringles will end up running Will at the 4 with STAT at the 5, still doesn't address the hole we have at center. I think with the way the current NBA is going we don't need a legitimate center. Just someone who can guard the 5 with no problem, is a willing rebounder and will do some goon work. Aaron Gray has shown up pretty nice this series for NO but IMO there's no way in hell I want to see him playing the 5, dude has good hands and can finish, but him and STAT on the front line would be abysmal defensively.

As much as I'd love Kemba there's no way in hell I see him falling to #17. A PG would be nice but if we aren't able to address our need for multiple goons + a big through FA I think we could get a decent piece at #17. At work right now so I can't look up names but the first goon / big that comes to mind for me is the homie w/ the dreads from Morehead St, Ken Faried. From the little bit that I saw I think dudes skills will translate nicely to the pros.

Am I that delusional that I think JR Smith COULD be a great signing? Dude is literally unstoppable 1 on 1, would be a great punch off the bench. I remember hearing this series how Karl openly says that JR is the "best bad basketball player" he's ever seen. I mean that's
laugh.gif
and all but forreal how insulting is that to say in the public, especially to the media. JR's had his fair share of problems and it's not like no one sees dude literally will shoot his team out of a game but still to call him the "best bad basketball player" I can tell you if I was JR I wouldn't like that. I'd be hoping that the change of scenery would help him out, but on the other hand, him in Pringles system could be
eek.gif
or absolutely
30t6p3b.gif
I'm not sure if there's an in-between with JR. Just on talent and potential though, he could one of the steals of the summer.

There are some coaches that are tough enough to get JR Smith's full potential out of him and force him to play smarter, but Mike D'Antoni isn't one of them...JR Smith on this squad will be taking 15 shots a game...I would be more supportive of a veteran on this team..In terms of our draft signings, I don't see us getting Kemba unless we trade up in the draft..Kemba's stock burst once he played that great NCAA Tournament

i don't think we make many moves. the lock out is too uncertain and we are still swinging for 2012

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I agree, wholeheartedly. And even if Landry doesn't make dramatic strides in his game, he should at the very least be more consistent. We don't need to have all of our fire power in the starting lineup, but Fields is good enough to run with the starters as well.
Bc if he had played bad because he didn't have his jumpshot, or made mental errors, fine. But to play like he was afraid and didn't even wanna be near the ball, that's something that was incredibly disappointing for someone who's greatest asset all year was bball IQ and composure. I've never seen anyone in the NBA play so scared before. He looked like Rautins did the one game they put him in. I don't see him as a starting player on a good team, and can't think of one starting 2 guard in the NBA who is worse than him. I don't mind having him on the team as a backup, and hopefully he does develop, but he really didn't make a good case for himself as an NBA starter this playoffs.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Where can i get womens melo jersey for the low?

Wifey's birthday is may 11 and thats all shes been hinting at. I got a keeper : hat

Wow guys thanks for the help
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Kyle Feesenko (sp?
laugh.gif
) is nice. I'd take him. I believe hes on his 2nd year on his rookie contract, cant quote me on that though.

Will's a restricted though. What are the chances he actually comes back? Unless this was a pre-made deale
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom