**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

pimp.gif

- sign a big (hopefully Dalembert for cheap)
- draft Jimmer if he slips to us

- let it fly next year, sneak into the playoffs, then start to play D once the playoffs start (but nobody get hurt this time)

= SUCCESS

There any way we could package our first rounder and one of our mediocre role players for a lottery pick? I mean, this draft is terrible, there's gotta be one team that would be down to trade down.

I know he basically saved the Knicks franchise but Donnie Walsh is an OLD 70 years old. You guys need a young up and coming GM to take over. Not Walsh, Isaiah or any of these other guys that have New York ties. How good do you think he is at evaluating new talent nowadays? The game has completely changed since he started working for the NBA. At this point he's probably just relying on whatever the scouts tell him and who the big names are. And D'Antoni isn't disciplined enough his damn self to be able to coach Melo, Amare and possibly CP3 soon enough. I'd scrap everything in the whole organization except Melo and Amare. Billups is a rental that could be kept around another year, Fields will probably stop being star-struck of Melo sooner or later, and Turiaf is a solid big to come off the bench for 10-12 minutes a night, but Douglas is a chuck and the rest of the team is full of tweeners and guys that are closer to the NBDL than the NBA.

So since the Knicks beat every team in the East except the Celtics. Does that mean those team the Knicks beat are to the d league than knick are?

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I know he basically saved the Knicks franchise but Donnie Walsh is an OLD 70 years old. You guys need a young up and coming GM to take over. Not Walsh, Isaiah or any of these other guys that have New York ties. How good do you think he is at evaluating new talent nowadays? The game has completely changed since he started working for the NBA. At this point he's probably just relying on whatever the scouts tell him and who the big names are. And D'Antoni isn't disciplined enough his damn self to be able to coach Melo, Amare and possibly CP3 soon enough. I'd scrap everything in the whole organization except Melo and Amare. Billups is a rental that could be kept around another year, Fields will probably stop being star-struck of Melo sooner or later, and Turiaf is a solid big to come off the bench for 10-12 minutes a night, but Douglas is a chuck and the rest of the team is full of tweeners and guys that are closer to the NBDL than the NBA.
Ignorance at its finest, anyone that interacts with Walsh from media members to front office executives say his basketball mind is as sharp as ever. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

Ignorance at its finest, anyone that interacts with Walsh from media members to front office executives say his basketball mind is as sharp as ever. 
.....so when do you plan on keeping this dude in office until? Al Davis's football mind was pretty sharp 10 years ago when he was the same age. The guy was hauling around in a wheelchair while trying to recruit free agents to join the Knicks. You think that was a good look? He's done a great job the past few years but don't wait until it's too late.

The guy was hauling around in a wheelchair while trying to recruit free agents to join the Knicks.

laugh.gif
I was gonna say so your one of those who thinks Donnie being in a wheel chair is the reason we didn't get Bron?
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

Cool $$! Pat Riley who has probably smashed every mom in Miami plus playing with two of your best friends................Donnie Walsh in a wheelchair and D'Antoni with his weird $$! voice making you feel bad because they needed someone to come save the Knicks. What you think looked more appealing? For the record, I do think they decided to join eachother in Miami way prior to this. But I can bet you behind the scenes that Bron, Wade and Bosh were straight clowning on the Knicks.

Cool $$! Pat Riley who has probably smashed every mom in Miami plus playing with two of your best friends................Donnie Walsh in a wheelchair and D'Antoni with his weird $$! voice making you feel bad because they needed someone to come save the Knicks. What you think looked more appealing? For the record, I do think they decided to join eachother in Miami way prior to this. But I can bet you behind the scenes that Bron, Wade and Bosh were straight clowning on the Knicks.

8172522u3t7m3w6.gif%20

You corny son.

yea im pretty sure their whole pitch was about making him feel "bad". And if Pat Riley is such a genius why didnt he realize that Amare > Bosh? 

Back
Top Bottom