**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

melo got punished for high-jacking the season. he will be on one of the teams next year.

also i think it's silly that people are starting to claim that durant is heads and shoulders much better than melo.

happy bday, get wild tonight

81b157797d58563e51cfc525d2e8102dff558af_r.gif

599158787457523144d63e8b196e80139caf3de_r.gif

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I'll say it again, I am super jelly over OKC's 3 bigs.

two of the three were luck though. RIP if they drafted Oden
Nah, I was talking about their big men at the 4 & 5 spots. Namely Collison, Ibaka, & Perkins.
ah, 3 BIGs. Not BIG 3. My bad. I went to public school and graduated from queens college.

two of the three were luck though. RIP if they drafted Oden
Nah, I was talking about their big men at the 4 & 5 spots. Namely Collison, Ibaka, & Perkins.
ah, 3 BIGs. Not BIG 3. My bad. I went to public school and graduated from queens college.

Bloomberg would be proud.

Melo > Durant.

Idgaf what anyone says dude doesn't wow me at all. Especially since the way the media slurps him he's easy not to like

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Melo > Durant.

Idgaf what anyone says dude doesn't wow me at all. Especially since the way the media slurps him he's easy not to like
Dude's the most lethal player in the game. I'd take him over Melo everyday of the week for the next 650 years.

i would take durant off age alone. But my point was that durant is getting put on a pedestal. he isn't leaps and bounds better than melo. i don't care if someone says KD is better but i been reading alot of people saying he is on another level compared to melo. he isn't.

it would be nice if melo got the same treatment from the refs that wade, lebron, and KD get. that would help

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Melo > Durant.

Dude's the most lethal player in the game. I'd take him over Melo everyday of the week for the next 650 years.

Srs?Most lethal? orbyrotslooc

The difference between Melo and Durant is nowhere near as big as the media or fans make it seem. Both are Top 10, high scoring SFs with slight differences to their games. People overall just talk down on Melo because of his past incidents, plus Durant's the new savior of the league (until they turn on him too). Perception vs. Reality.

I like Durant and Westbrook, even though i think Westbrook should give the ball more often to Durant. Dude is shooting like he could make those shots like Durant.

i think durant has to be more vocal about getting the rock. but we don't know what's going on in the locker room

Even Charles Barkley knows Melo is #1 at effortlessly scoring in the league with Durant @ #2. Gotta wait a few years before Durant surpasses Melo. This playoff series shows he needs to learn more.

HBD man
And uh...Simmons. 
laugh.gif
X
30t6p3b.gif

"For your information, I wake up every morning with an angry blue vein diamond cutter. I was gonna enlighten the President of the local 47 on this particular point, and he chose to depart. Blue steel gentlemen. Three and a half inches of hard blue steel."

The best "irrational confidence" moment of "The Wire" goes to the best "irrational confidence" guy of Round 1: Atlanta's Jamal Crawford, who really does think that he's one of the league's 10 best players and played like it against the Magic. There are six levels for "irrational confidence" guys.

The Toney Douglas Level: Mediocre supporting guys who catch fire once every five or six games, but the team isn't deep enough to pick its spots with them. I'm always terrified of these guys -- if they suck, they're supposed to suck. They have nothing to lose. The key here: you don't want them playing key roles if there's something at stake that they can single-handedly screw up, which is why Doc Rivers buried Nate Robinson in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals and why Miami can't figure out what to do with Mario Chalmers this spring (and why the Heat have been experimenting with LeBron and Wade as the guards lately).

The Sam Cassell Level: Aging veterans who play with such staggering confidence that, actually, it's counterproductive ... especially if there's a better teammate who should be taking those shots. Welcome to Chauncey Billups' last four years. (Cut to Nuggets fans, Pistons fans and Knicks fans nodding wistfully.)

"You happy now **%#%?"

You know what's really crazy? If you remember, Isiah Thomas built the 2007 Knicks around Z-Bo and Eddy Curry with the philosophy (I'm paraphrasing), "everyone else is getting smaller, we're going to get bigger, we're gonna pound people down low." He just made the mistake of surrounding them with trigger-happy guards (Marbury, Crawford, Francis, etc.) when he should have flanked them with 3-point shooters and role players. But his strategy wasn't wrong. Which brings me to my point: In the spring of 2011, Chris Wallace used Zach Randolph and Pau Gasol's black sheep brother to prove that Isiah Thomas was ahead of his time. I think the Mayans were right -- we're headed for the Apocalypse. Soon.

yeah okay isiah was ahead of his time. the whole idea of getting bigger is all credited to isiah thomas.

he's a good writer but he stays saying duuuumb +%+%

Originally Posted by DubA169

yeah okay isiah was ahead of his time. the whole idea of getting bigger is all credited to isiah thomas.

he's a good writer but he stays saying duuuumb +%+%
He didn't invent it but at the time he was the only guy trying it. Problem is his idea was different in that he thought it'd work out great with those guards. So Simmons is only half right in that Memphis proved Isiah was half right. Any team that'll try what Isiah did will probably fail.

Back
Top Bottom