**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Trading Stat would be type grimey and I don't think Walsh would do it..
Im saying though. I dont like it much either.

But if the deal is toooo nicceeee then.. i guess 
ohwell.gif

No way the Magic trade Dwight to the Bulls without asking for Noah..Boozer is a pretty good rebounder, but his defense sucks..Noah plays great defense and is a great rebounder, and so is Dwight..So why would you trade your best defender/rebounder to a team with a great rebounder/defender w/o asking for him to be included in a trade? I can see the Magic pulling the trigger on a Boozer/Noah/Deng for Dwight/Turkoglu or J.Rich deal

Very True, Chicago would seem like a great destination for D12, I honestly think they would be 
eek.gif
, Kind of surprised they weren't on the list though. If the Magic want Melo instead, then by all means take him for D12. Honestly, I just want Chris Paul and D12, they would be insane to have together.  Chris Paul would average 14 assits a games, and D Howard would average 28-30 ppg.
If we do not land D12, then we must sign/trade for CP3. We need a PG to run this team because Melo and Stat just do not mesh well together. 

Even though the Bulls probably could set up the best offer if they were serious I'm not sure ORL would want to make the East that much better. Might just settle for the LA offer.

Not sure at all what Dwight could force to happen. He says he doesn't want to sign to a trade destination he could walk but where to? Of the teams on that list the Nets might have the money to sign him to a max contract.

Yall dudes ready to trade Melo or STAT are bugging if you'd think Donnie would be quick to do that. He's building around them. Stop with that if the deal is right pull the trigger. The deal will never be right for the Knicks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

If the Magic want Melo instead, then by all means take him for D12.   
.................... no.  
Yall dudes ready to trade Melo or STAT are bugging if you'd think Donnie would be quick to do that. He's building around them. Stop with that if the deal is right pull the trigger.

Thats real.

UPPTEMPO8387 wrote:
No way the Magic trade Dwight to the Bulls without asking for Noah..Boozer is a pretty good rebounder, but his defense sucks..Noah plays great defense and is a great rebounder, and so is Dwight..So why would you trade your best defender/rebounder to a team with a great rebounder/defender w/o asking for him to be included in a trade? I can see the Magic pulling the trigger on a Boozer/Noah/Deng for Dwight/Turkoglu or J.Rich deal

I already stated that Noah would have to be included in the package so that part was pointless... No way we trade Noah, Boozer & Deng for Dwight/Turk or JRich... We would be giving up too our ability to play defense at the 3 as well as getting killed on the pick n roll with Dwight... The one reason why I could see them being hesitant to ship Noah for Dwight, he has great foot work and the ability to switch a pick and roll and actually stay in front of the guard/wing with the ball. That's something he's proven over the years against The ({}), Bron, Pierce, Melo etc. So while he's not the force around the basket that Dwight is, out on the perimeter he's soooooo much better.

ATG: I wonder if Orlando Still harbors any feelings about Shaq leaving them for L.A and bringing in 3 chips... enough resentment could make them shut them out completely.

Why is everyone so hell bent on getting a big 3 in NY..... If you bring in CP3 you still leave NY with no legit center, No real sparks off the bench, and no draft picks to improve = a constant ECF exit.

To Bring in Dwight you then have 3 guys who need to score and none of them have ever been known as playmakers.... IMO that would also be a bad move.

What NY needs is some goddamn depth

I know we've all been talking about ORL getting done dirty AGAIN (and CP got some ppl thinking the LA trade is definitely going down) by Dwight just walking but the way I see it like the DEN situation you already lost cuz nothing you get in return will even measure up to his value.

So the resentment will probably just grow. I'm sure the ppl of ORL are still salty when Shaq is brought up but if they decide to let Dwight walk just blow up the team and start from scratch. Trying to rebuild with LO/Bynum, STAT+filler, Noah/Boozer/Deng when you probably still gonna have Gil and Hedo is NOT a good look. Outside of trying to flip those new acquisitions again for younger players and picks letting him walk may not be that bad. At least the threat of it could force him to agree to wherever they want to trade him to.

As a Knick fan I can only hope a hard cap is pushed to 85 mil
laugh.gif

EDIT

Dwight-STAT-Melo can definitely work. Melo can have the D focus on him and kick out. All you'd need are two good passes to get any of the 3 going. I can already see STAT talking about not minding the sacrifice of offensive possessions to win. He'd be heralded even more as the leader of that team.

I hate Celtics/Heats/Lakers more then any other teams in the A.. I'm rooting for the Bulls in the ECF. I hate them for the Jordan Era, but I respect how they rebuilt.. it took them quite a few years themselves.. at this point though, I'm rooting for the Mavs.. I want Dirk tp get his ring.. and for the past ten years Dallas has been the only WC team I banged with hard. I like the Thunder too, so all I care aboutis the West winning it all, for once..

Btw, we are not trading Stat... even if it means, we miss out on a "chip". We are gonna have to build around. I have a gut feeling CP3 is NY bound.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Still think ATL can put the best package together with him potentially Horford/J.Smitty/Teague

This is true but if you're Dwight would you really want to go there after they gave up your front court help & future pg?  Are you really in a position even equal to the one you left?  Can't see him agreeing to that deal... But that's just me tho.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Still think ATL can put the best package together with him potentially Horford/J.Smitty/Teague

This is true but if you're Dwight would you really want to go there after they gave up your front court help & future pg?  Are you really in a position even equal to the one you left?  Can't see him agreeing to that deal... But that's just me tho.
Why? He still wants to be the #1 guy, he is clear cut that in ATL.  And they might not necessarily have to give up Smith as well.  IF they did they would prolly still have some cap room left to go out and grab a point guard or something.  Plus he is from ATL.

As much as Joakim is my dude, I don't think he is really worth that much on a team that isn't good.  IF you have good pieces, he is exceptional but if you got bums, he really isn't going to make you much better.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Why? He still wants to be the #1 guy, he is clear cut that in ATL.  And they might not necessarily have to give up Smith as well.  IF they did they would prolly still have some cap room left to go out and grab a point guard or something.  Plus he is from ATL.

As much as Joakim is my dude, I don't think he is really worth that much on a team that isn't good.  IF you have good pieces, he is exceptional but if you got bums, he really isn't going to make you much better.

I agree... He's like the ultimate complimentary piece.

If they're able to keep Josh, JJ, Mally & Kirk then yea that's definitely a helluva situation considering that JJ is probably the 3rd best 2nd option to Wade & Pau... That could be extremely disgusting
sick.gif

Well, 'Mal is a FA this summer and I would be surprised if he came back cause I'm not sure the Hawks have that in their budget right now.

Don't know who's budget he'll be in but I'd definitely take him on the bulls for the low to shoot all the shots off the bench
laugh.gif

I have a feeling Dwights heading west, and might be joining paul somewhere other than NO. East is getting too clogged up and theres too much competition in order to get to the finals. Whereas the west is easier, as it looks like compared to the east.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

I hate Celtics/Heats/Lakers more then any other teams in the A.. I'm rooting for the Bulls in the ECF. I hate them for the Jordan Era, but I respect how they rebuilt.. it took them quite a few years themselves.. at this point though, I'm rooting for the Mavs.. I want Dirk tp get his ring.. and for the past ten years Dallas has been the only WC team I banged with hard. I like the Thunder too, so all I care aboutis the West winning it all, for once..

Btw, we are not trading Stat... even if it means, we miss out on a "chip". We are gonna have to build around. I have a gut feeling CP3 is NY bound.

Good post i agree with all points.

I don't think Dwight still wants to be the #1 guy or if that issue is even a dealbreaker. Especially if his short list of teams to go to involve the Lakers and Knicks.

I actually expect the Nets to overpay for Jamal. Doubt it changes DWill's mind but they need a better bench.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Knicks Targeting Hofstra's Jenkins[/h3]
May 17, 2011 10:25 AM EDT

1298483043.jpg

Several NBA executives view Hoftstra’s Charles Jenkins as a mid-to-late first-round pick.

Jenkins is on the Knicks' radar at No. 17 as team president Donnie Walsh is seeking a point guard of the future for the roster because centers are in short supply.

"It would be great," Jenkins said of being taken by the Knicks. "For me having an opportunity playing in the NBA is great in itself. Whatever team I'll be excited about, but I would love the Knicks, growing up with my dad a big Knicks fan. Any time they played, it was definitely on the TV."

The Knicks will interview Jenkins at the pre-draft camp that takes place Thursday and Friday in Chicago, where he will go through a combine-style host of drills and tests for all teams.

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213734/Knicks_Targeting_Hofstras_Jenkins#ixzz1MdGUnmnG

http://bit.ly/g0vG2e
http://bit.ly/g0vG2e
2011-02-23 12:47:16DraftExpress: As an isolation scorer, Jimmer Fredette ranks 19th in NCAA (min 50 poss). Top 3: Reggie Jackson, Andrew Goudelock, Charles Jenkins
From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Charles-Jenkins-6189/#ixzz1MdI72t2u
http://www.draftexpress.com

6 3' 220 PG from Queens Averaged 23 and 5 last season don't know too much about him but it looks like he had a great 4 year career statistically at Hoftra and has size at the PG position.

If we could get a solid young PG like Jenkins, I think that would be great for us..Even if we lose Billups after next season and somehow get CP3, he could be a competent backup..And who knows..Maybe he ends up having a Brandon Jennings type rookie season which will allow us to use our 2012 cap space for a bench and some role players rather than a 3rd star

Jenkins improved his offensive efficiency across the board as a senior to the tune of 24.9 points per 40 minutes pace adjusted on 60% shooting. He is an elite scorer from beyond the arc where he is currently shooting 43.8% on 3.2 attempts per game and where he shot an impressive 40.9% as a junior. Regardless of whether or not he can maintain his high shooting numbers this season, Jenkins shows consistent mechanics, a quick release, and terrific touch, which suggests that he will continue to be successful at the next level.

Jenkins is shooting a blistering 64.8% from inside of the arc while displaying a versatile scoring arsenal. His mid-range game is a major weapon, and he has improved his ball handling abilities significantly and is an excellent shot creator at this level. He looks more comfortable pulling up off of the dribble, but he is still at his best utilizing his quick first step and strength to get to the basket. He shows excellent body control and aggressiveness around the rim, as well, but lacks the raw explosiveness needed to go up and finish through traffic at times.
From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Charles-Jenkins-6189/#ixzz1MdL4HFW9
http://www.draftexpress.com

If we draft this guy Toney Douglas is gonna get dealt at the deadline

Back
Top Bottom