**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

*Still waiting for a dominating 25+ point 10+ rebound game from Stoudemire*

grin.gif

Man relax, got damn. He actually had 21 & 15.

I will say that those were crucial FT's he missed at the end there, prob could've made a difference.

At that point in the game those HAVE TO go down.

what would it take for the knicks to get some calls? i would really like to know. a good record? can't be that because the sixers just got a bunch of garbage calls. a star player? we got stat and we still get garbage calls. over and over again.

if we get melo will we continue to get terrible calls? the whole officiating in the NBA is a joke. those old knicks/bulls rivalries wouldn't be able to happen in today's game.

we deserved to lose anyway, but sometimes it's unbearable to watch.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This was a very disappointing loss but it's too early in the season to hang our heads or refer to the this team as the "same ol' Knicks"...Before this loss we lost to the Celtics and the Blazers and only by a few points..Their combined record is 10-3 so they're obviously not crappy teams...This team is still searching for it's identity and once the chemistry is where it needs to be, we'll be ok..Even the Celtics lost to the Cavaliers so anything is possible in the NBA

I'm still confident in this squad..Nobody expected this team to get 50 wins this season so 3-3 is nothing to be mad at..Could be much worse
This is a good, honest post.
pimp.gif

Great points (too early to hang heads or say "same ol knicks", team still searching for identity, etc.).

The team scrapped hard today. And despite what you guys may think, Philly has actually been playing good ball all season long. They definitely have an under-rated team. So no need to feel like the Knicks collapsed against some inferior squad.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

this pump fake, jump into the defender crap should either be a no call or an offensive foul every single time.

My pet peeve on all levels of basketball, it's a garbage move and the refs continue to award the offensive player.
Agreed. This even applies to video-games like NBA 2K and such.
laugh.gif

The pump-fake is a bit of a cheese to me. Especially the offensive-player-leaning-into-the-defensive-player variety.

Oh well, no W but we shot 3/19 from behind the arc? That's terrible.

Sat right in front of Evan Turner's parents and a lot of Philly fans, woof.

i don't think i'm ever gonna go to a sunday mourning game again. crowd wasn't that hyped... just not the same feeling

This team is very balanced and that is the only reason why I'm confident in this season being one where we make the playoffs..Last season we just had a bunch of jump shooters and a rebounder/hustle player (david lee)...But break down this year's team and you'll see we have the balance to get at least 40 wins

Steals-Toney Douglass is ripping it defensively in the steals department

Rebounds- Turiaf, Randolph (once he gets into a rhythm) Chandler averaging like 9 RPG off the bench..And Stoudemire on a good night

Blocks- Turiaf, Randolph, Chandler, Stoudemire and Mozgov

Assists- Felton obviously, but for a big man Turiaf makes seem pretty smart passes

Three Point Shooting- Douglass, Gallo, Fields, Felton

Low Post Scoring- Stoudemire, Chandler (when he's playing smart) Turiaf, Mozgov, and Douglass gets into the paint fairly often off the dribble

Fast Break Scoring- Almost the entire squad can run in transition

Individually this team meets a lot of the criteria that is needed to win, only thing missing is consistent chemistry and team defense...Once those two things come together, this team will be good to go

im not too worried about missing the playoffs. i still see us grabbing the 7 seed.

it's just that this team won't do anything serious unless it gets a main star who can create their own shot constantly. i like amare on this team but he isn't the type of player that will close out tight games. (not many post players are)

^^ You're absolutely right...We won that game against the Bulls because Douglass kept hitting huge 3's, and so did Gallo and Felton...But we all know that won't happen on a consistent basis, especially against teams with good perimeter defenders...Melo would obviously be huge for us and hopefully Gallo continues to play well so that he can gain value in case we include him in a Melo trade

Portland/Boston were both very winnable games that we lost due to the fact that we couldn't close out because nobody could create a shot in the zone defense..Same thing today with the Sixers game..Didn't we come within like 3 points when Amar'e had that 3 point play in transition? Game slipped away when we were chucking jumpers..Realistically speaking, if we had somebody like Carmelo on this squad we would be undefeated
laugh.gif

as much as i knew we would lose this game, i was hoping we would somehow pull this one out. the sixers and especially lou williams always seem to kill us

30t6p3b.gif
@ Us having another back-to-back starting tomorrow. What's that, 4 already? Who made this schedule?

We have 6, I repeat 6 back to backs in March.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GJones712

30t6p3b.gif
@ Us having another back-to-back starting tomorrow. What's that, 4 already? Who made this schedule?

indifferent.gif

and we still gotta make up that Orlando Magic game
ohwell.gif

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors ...
laugh.gif

But as it goes now, Anthony appears to be holding out for New York City. The latest indications I get are he has little interest in Chicago despite what seems obvious, at least to us, winning advantages. New Jersey, either. But these things change. NBA.com

What is the latest with Carmelo? Can't see the Nuggets holding him much longer. AI spends Christmas at home. Chris Sheridan: From what I am hearing, everything is in a holding pattern until Dec. 15 when players who signed over the summer can be dealt. I still see the Knicks as the favorites, because I think Melo wants to be here and can effectively veto any fair-value trade by refusing to sign the extnsion that is sitting on the table. ESPN.com

And so the sides are dug in. Anthony wants New York and a trade and his extension or he’ll play it out and walk. The Nuggets want no part of New York and tell Anthony to go ahead and leave maybe $20 million or more on the table and be the lowest paid superstar in the NBA. We dare ya! The Nets are having trouble drawing flies in Newark and aren’t leaving for two years. So maybe the Nuggets and Anthony give a little and the Bulls don’t sound so bad, after all. NBA.com

The talk is Anthony’s new management team is also pushing him toward New York for endorsements, which they’ll also benefit more by since Anthony’s former agent gets his contract fee. They’re probably also telling him with Stoudemire and maybe Chris Paul in a year or two they surpass James and Wade and in the major market which Anthony prefers. But the Knicks have no draft picks to offer. They talk of buying or trading for one, but it won’t match the potential high picks the Bulls with the Charlotte pick and the Nets with a Warriors pick can offer. Or even the Clippers with a Timberwolves pick. NBA.com

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

ohwell.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Would it be safe to say that the NBA hates the Knicks? I mean, it's not like we did anything to deserve such cruelty...

back to back games are terrible because it puts a strain on players. you get sore the next day. but considering we have the like seventh youngest team in the NBA it shouldn't matter. but im pretty sure the bulls have the most back to backs in the nba. for all you know the league thought he who shall not be named was gonna be on the bulls or knicks.

so i was in an interview today and we were talking about loyalty. i swear i used the knicks as an example of loyal to a fault and got laughs twice. hahahah

Back
Top Bottom