**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

How far do you guys think can we go IF we sign RIP, Grant Hill, Pryzbilla to the Vet min..And sign Dalembert?
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Conference finals if everyone stays healthy.
Easily I might add but getting all of those guys is close to impossible outside of Stern's all powerful interference.
Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

From RealGM, Apparently Melo's barber cuts one of the posters over there and he told him that melo and cp3 have a verbal agreement , knicks are looking to sign Gasol, and the Knicks also want chandler back but will not overpay. Dude is a respected poster definitely not a troll but take it for what it's worth
Sounds like all the same nonsense during the summer of LeBron. Verbal agreement my +%+, LaLa cuts Melo's hair
laugh.gif
How we looking for Gasol now? Barber must've left out the part where they'd have to be firing Pringles if Gasol is on the team.

Only part that's semi believable is the Wilson Chandler talk.

I was looking at that same thread King, the first reply killed me though
laugh.gif

"that's cool, but I'm gonna wait to see what his weed dealer says before i comment on it"

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif

"that's cool, but I'm gonna wait to see what his weed dealer says before i comment on it"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I believe the verbal agreement part, I just don't know how it's gonna work out financially. Hopefully JB gives CP a big time boost for coming to NY.

yeah i read the same thing and started cracking up when i saw the weed dealer comment. perfect response

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif

roll.gif
 word , alot of cats on there are straight comedy

Don't see Wilson signing back here in a team friendly deal, I don't see him signing back here period though I'd love it. If indeed CP3 is going to end up here IMO Wlson becomes one of the main pieces in any trade the Hornets may pursuit. Why would he resign just to go through all that %*% again? Wilson is that dude too I would feel awful to see him back here than get dealt again
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

How far do you guys think can we go IF we sign RIP, Grant Hill, Pryzbilla to the Vet min..And sign Dalembert?

If you guys sign all of them I like the Knicks chances against anybody in the east. Those are all strong defenders with a bunch of playoff experience. All those guys plus Billups would make sure Amare and Melo play defense. But I don't know if you're going to get any of those guys for the vet minimum...
Once again this seems like all fantasy. First off the vet min is about 1.5 mil... Grant hill, Dalambert, or Rip arent taking that.....
And none of these guys at this point in their career are athletic enough to deal with either the bulls or heat. Also guys really need to realize that NO none of these guys are gonna be able to make everyone play defense
grin.gif

that job is purely on dantoni this isnt pick up basketball at the Y. This is the NBA where guys need repetition, Film study, and accountability all of which Dantoni just doesnt do much of

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

give me Klay or Marshon . Fields could be a very good bench guy

Think Klay will be a bit better. Bigger 2g that can shoot it better than maybe anyone in this draft.

Selby working with Chauncey Billups? 
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

I think we very well may go with Selby at #17 right now. I mean theres no better chance to take a PG with high potential because Billups is capable of playing the point until he is ready to take over AND Billups is the ideal mentor for a young point guard so while Selby would be waiting for his time to be the guy, he is also getting schooled by Chauncey who could hopefully help him reach his ceiling, and help him use his shooting/scoring abilities (traits that Chauncey has as well) into playing the point guard rather than off the ball (like Chauncey does).

Also, he is very much connected with Melo being from Baltimore at all and now with him working out with Billups i could kind of see this all aligning....

After first being mostly against it im very much warming up to drafting Selby. He was ranked just as high as any other PG in this draft coming out of HS and he had a rough year at Kansas where he was suspended for the 1st nine games and was never 100%. He also fits our open court fast pased system much better than Kansas' offense. He has a much higher ceiling than any other point guard and probably player who would be available at 17. He is a good scorer/athlete who will only get better, he could be a lockdown defender at the point imo given his athleticism, size, and tenacity, the main issue with him would be playing PG in the NBA rather than the 2 but i think under close guidance from guys like Chauncey and (i hate to say it) D'Antoni, he could turn into a player capable of running an NBA team at the point... especially for a fast break offense with all-star players around him (makes it ALOT easier).

I dont think theres a team that would suit Selby to reach his full ceiling than the Knicks and im starting to think that theres no player who could do as much for us at 17 than Selby would. I mean he has an almost Russell Westbrook like CEILING imo. That is not to say he will necessarily reach his full ceiling, but in a draft where at best you are looking for a role player at #17 (or possibly anywhere) i would consider jumping the gun and taking Selby, a PG like that is EXACTLY what we need moving forward with this team and would give us one less thing to work on (especially with CBA and all that making guys like CP# more and more unlikely by the day)...

he also reportedly is having a great combine, making people think more and more that his one season at Kansas was a fluke and due more to him not being at 100% and his style of play being better suited for an NBA kind of system rather than the Jayhawk's style of play

sidenote- that 360 through the legs was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

1. Selby
2. Faried
3. Singleton
4. Morris
5. Brooks

Originally Posted by Proshares

The Knicks passed on a chance to promise they'd pick Fredette last year before he opted to return to school and have privately told me they regret it. Would they pass on a chance to draft him again? Fredette fits the mold of a Mike D'Antoni point guard. His shooting ability, high basketball IQ and confidence are big points in his favor for D'Antoni. The fact that he's a New York native and has a ton of swagger and some celebrity can't hurt, either.

While the Knicks have been looking for a big man, they don't have to land one in the draft. The team is still looking for a long-term replacement for Chauncey Billups (who is in the last year of his contract) and definitely needs help at the 2. Whether there are enough shots to go around on a team that already has Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Billups (and to a lesser extent Toney Douglas) firing away at will is another question, but a great workout for Fredette could also set his floor here.

More draft notes

• The Knicks' Fredette-Thompson-Brooks workout should be very interesting. Brooks is bigger, much longer and a more explosive athlete. However, he doesn't have Fredette's unlimited range or his craftiness. Thompson is a nice blend of both Fredette and Brooks.

Brooks and Thompson could be the types of player who give Jimmer problems. The Knicks have been looking for a shooter and if Thompson is still on the board, he may be hard to pass up. Someone in the Knicks' organization has compared him to Allan Houston. That's high praise.

If Fredette stumbles in the workout, or if he's off the board when the Knicks pick at No. 17, Brooks could be a prime candidate for them. While a number of teams didn't hop on the Brooks bandwagon until recently, the Knick have liked him for a while. The team still wants to add star power to its roster and feels that Brooks is one of the few players who, given its draft position, could fit the bill (Kansas' Josh Selby is another).

eek.gif
 My heart. 
sick.gif
 And we got Rautins. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Proshares

The Knicks passed on a chance to promise they'd pick Fredette last year before he opted to return to school and have privately told me they regret it. Would they pass on a chance to draft him again? Fredette fits the mold of a Mike D'Antoni point guard. His shooting ability, high basketball IQ and confidence are big points in his favor for D'Antoni. The fact that he's a New York native and has a ton of swagger and some celebrity can't hurt, either.

While the Knicks have been looking for a big man, they don't have to land one in the draft. The team is still looking for a long-term replacement for Chauncey Billups (who is in the last year of his contract) and definitely needs help at the 2. Whether there are enough shots to go around on a team that already has Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Billups (and to a lesser extent Toney Douglas) firing away at will is another question, but a great workout for Fredette could also set his floor here.

More draft notes

• The Knicks' Fredette-Thompson-Brooks workout should be very interesting. Brooks is bigger, much longer and a more explosive athlete. However, he doesn't have Fredette's unlimited range or his craftiness. Thompson is a nice blend of both Fredette and Brooks.

Brooks and Thompson could be the types of player who give Jimmer problems. The Knicks have been looking for a shooter and if Thompson is still on the board, he may be hard to pass up. Someone in the Knicks' organization has compared him to Allan Houston. That's high praise.

If Fredette stumbles in the workout, or if he's off the board when the Knicks pick at No. 17, Brooks could be a prime candidate for them. While a number of teams didn't hop on the Brooks bandwagon until recently, the Knick have liked him for a while. The team still wants to add star power to its roster and feels that Brooks is one of the few players who, given its draft position, could fit the bill (Kansas' Josh Selby is another).

eek.gif
 My heart. 
sick.gif
 And we got Rautins. 
tired.gif
This caught my eye even more. Don't tease me.

I doubt Jimmer drops to 17 or we trade up to get him.

Back
Top Bottom