**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I wouldn't have any problem with either of Selby, Brooks or Thompson...quite honestly as long as whoever they pick can contribute, I'm good.

Josh Selby is a damn undersized 2 guard I don't even know why you guys would be looking at him unless you want a replacement for Fields. He has terrible character and the reason why he left his first high school was because he beat his girlfriend over there. That kid is going to be in trouble at some point in his career guaranteed. If you want a point guard project that could turn into a Westbrook type reward yall need to be looking at Iman Shumpert.

^^^ knowing selby from bmore, his character isn't a problem he won't get into any real trouble and will play hard everytime he's on the court...he can play the point, he's been doing it his whole life up intil kansas but he is a pure score first point guard..the only real concern off the court is he's into the party lifestyle and likes being a lil flashy off the court which could make him lose focus being in nyc and all, but then again amare and melo are the same way lol

There's no point in drafting Selby, we're getting Chris Paul. Draft Brooks or Thompson and send Chauncey, Landry and whoever for CP at the deadline.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

any word on use getting a center? selby's good and has potential but we need a center

yea, Melo's barber confirmed Marc Gasol. Its wrap for the next 7 yrs

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

any word on use getting a center? selby's good and has potential but we need a center

Nah homie, Melo asked for a #1. It's CP3 all day.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Nah homie, Melo asked for a #1. It's CP3 all day.
Yea, CP3, Marc, and Wil. Or was CP3 the only guarantee?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

edit: Nah homie, Melo asked for a "#1". It's CP3 all day. 
Yea, CP3, Marc, and Wil. Or was CP3 the only guarantee?

Yea, he guaranteed CP3 and said we're trying for Marc and Wil. 
He also said your lucky numbers for today are: ................ 
grin.gif

You ain't getting Marc Gasol or Tyson Chandler.

Better become real fond of Dalembert/Pryzbilla and Reggie Evans.

Unless Bismark falls to us (he wont) there is no shot at getting a center in the draft and we are gonna have to address other needs (PG, defensive big men or scorers/shooters off the bench), and save center for FA

There's no point in drafting Selby, we're getting Chris Paul.Draft Brooks or Thompson and send Chauncey, Landry and whoever for CPat the deadline.

well thats good logic to go with
indifferent.gif

Josh Selby is adamn undersized 2 guard I don't even know why you guys would be lookingat him unless you want a replacement for Fields. He has terriblecharacter and the reason why he left his first high school was becausehe beat his girlfriend over there. That kid is going to be in troubleat some point in his career guaranteed. If you want a point guardproject that could turn into a Westbrook type reward yall need to belooking at Iman Shumpert.

!*#* character issues, #1 reason some damn talented players have been overlooked over the past decade. dude is fine and plays with a chip on his sholdier which will have him working his @@$ off and playing defense which we need.

Iman Shumpert? %#%#%. Selby has a much higher eiling and can definitley turn into a legit NBA PG imo. Im over passing up young talented PG prospects for issues related to being "unproven" (taking Mardy Collins/Balkman over dudes like Rondo, passing up on guys like BJ or Jrue, etc) or "low character" (especially when Selby has been very much proven up until this 1 year fiasco at KU and has done nothing really to show me he's low character besides growing up in the hood
30t6p3b.gif
)

Now how the hell are we getting Marc Gasol and CP3 ? ... -_-

But ill take CP3 AND M. Gasol over D. Howard.. ur crazy. Ill probably take Howard over CP3 alone tho

Originally Posted by skillz

Why everyone talking CP3 and Gasol. I'll take Dwight Howard over both of them
im pretty sure the OG comment was sarcastic, because lets be real, we are not getting any of them. 

How i think our off season will go:

Aquire Session from CLE somehow,
Sign Dalembert,
Draft Faried
Go into the season  and actually have the team feel like they are gonna play a season together.

Originally Posted by QuestLife

Originally Posted by skillz

Why everyone talking CP3 and Gasol. I'll take Dwight Howard over both of them
im pretty sure the OG comment was sarcastic, because lets be real, we are not getting any of them. 

How i think our off season will go:

Aquire Session from CLE somehow,
Sign Dalembert,
Draft Faried
Go into the season  and actually have the team feel like they are gonna play a season together.

Why does this post make SO MUCH sense
laugh.gif

Also, i go to Cuse and im pretty tight with Rick Jackson and i loved his game at Cuse, but even i think that in the NBA he is: undersized, not very athletic, has NO right hand, and has no jump shot. Offensively he will be a straight up non factor in the league considering that he has no size advantage (what he used in college) and he has no jump shot/ball handling skill to beat bigger dudes and to make it worse he only has one hand making him ultra predictable.

Having said that, he does bang down low, he is tough, pretty agile, good around the hoop, and a very good shot blocker considering his lack of hops, and i would be very interested in taking a look at him to add some depth and a banger to our front court (and im hearing that the Kbicks may be as well) CONSIDERING that he goes undrafted, or falls very late in the 2nd round and we could buy a pick to scoop him... however even with the latter i would probably want top spend the 2nd round pick wed purchase on a player who has more potential to contribute than rick IMO

If we end up with Selby, I'll try to have an open mind about it but I don't think he's a PG and I think he's a terrible fit. I'd be as happy with say, Reggie Jackson.

I wouldn't write off Shumpert as a prospect, he's going to be an above average to great defender from Day 1. Dont like him as a fit offensively, but god knows we could use the defense.

just caught some highlights of marshon brooks and 
eek.gif
eek.gif
. After 3 youtube vids I think this kid is the next big thing 
laugh.gif
. He reminds me way too much of Kobe. I dont know how he'll fit with Melo and Amare, but I have no doubt he can be our #3 option as a starter or off the bench.

1. Jimmer
2. Marshon Brooks
3. Klay Thompson
4. Faried
5. Selby

Back
Top Bottom