**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

No offense but I hope you die early then. Bron already lost on the big stage, so I'm good on him making the wrong decision.

I want the city of NY to be drowned in NBA championships.

So, now that the NBA season is over. When will we start hearing about us making some moves for the next season. i know the lockout is approaching, but we have another couple of weeks before the CBA is over.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

So, now that the NBA season is over. When will we start hearing about us making some moves for the next season. i know the lockout is approaching, but we have another couple of weeks before the CBA is over.

this...  Kind of sucks we have to wait one more year though to add the final piece to the puzzle

^I like the idea of adding Aaron Brooks. hes a solid quick pg, and can be had on the cheap. he would fit well into D'Antoni's system.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Just stop.....you cannot afford Aaron Brooks

you act like he's some high in-demand commodity.... he's coming off a 3 mil dollar contract, and you expect for him to get a pay raise.??
Go worry about the Sixers. Thanks.

Just stop.....you cannot afford Aaron Brooks
I've noticed that all you do is come into this thread and have nothing to say but negative things about the Knicks. What's the point of that? Someone just wondered if we could sign Aaron Brooks and you just come in and say we can't afford him without even explaining why.

Why waste the time and energy for such negativity? You either have THAT much hate for the Knicks (which is sad, because you could use that energy for something else more productive than worry about a sports team) or you have that much time in your hands (this is even more pathetic than the latter)

I'm just beginning to assume dude is an undercover Knicks fan. Deep undercover. And as we all know Knicks fan know how to be negative about their team. He'll turn around when the team gets good like real contenders.

^
laugh.gif
son said Donnie didn't get Bron cause he was in a wheel chair.

Y'all really like Jimmer? I just don't see where he helps in any way, shape or form. Ok he shoots it well but isn't the Pringles system (or lack of one) always going to help the player because of the open corner 3's? Was Shawne even known to be a good shooter coming out of the draft and when he bounced around? IMO the system can turn average shooters (Raja Bell, JJ, Tim Thomas, Shawne etc. ) into threats when they are standing still on the perimeter. IMO Jimmer is a useless pick..

This offseason, we need to get 2 bigs.

9 man rotation

Chauncey, Fields, Amare, Melo, Turiaf, Toney, maybe Shawne Williams. We need to add 2 more bigs to this rotation.

Growing up in New Jersey I did support the Knicks and went to some games growing up. But Iverson was my favorite player and I became a Sixers fan. After the past few years I began to lose interest in them and I honestly became a Knicks fan last year and prayed that Bron would sign with them. Even without Bron, the first half of the year I loved watching that team. If you kept them together for a few years they could have grown together, added a few pieces along the way and turn into something real special. I was actually FOR trading for Melo but not at the expense of losing Felton, Gallo, Mozgov AND Chandler. But even with that I was still excited to see them play with two legit superstars....until I watched just about every game of Melo on the Knicks. Dude is selfish as hell and slows the game down so much that it's hard to watch. Pump fake, jab step, pump fake, another jab step, lowers his shoulder into the defender, takes two dribbles towards the basket and takes a mid-range jumper. I hate playing with those type of players and I'm sure in real life all of you would as well, no matter how talented the guy is. Before that the Knicks had a free flowing offense with young players that loved playing together. The chemistry was awesome. I really don't understand how you can say they couldn't win with that team plus a few added pieces. I think that team would have beat the Celtics first round.

I know most of you didn't support them trading all 4 of those guys plus draft picks either but that's what the Knicks did. They took a shortcut and they now have no cap room to sign #!+*. On top of that I think Melo was absolutely the wrong guy to put next to Amare. Their whole cap room is now dedicated to two forwards who like to get the ball at the top of the key and go iso, and neither is a good passer. It looked like Chauncey got real old right before our eyes last year as well but maybe he'll prove me wrong next year. I'll support the Knicks either way but unless Chauncey goes back to the Chauncey before he got traded to NY and Fields goes back to how he played before the Melo trade I just don't like the team as it currently stands at all.

I'm not hating on them I just don't know how you can be a fan of them and not see the same stuff that I just said. Instead, most of you are delusional and think they have a chance at signing young guys that people will be throwing money at like Chandler, DeAndre Jordan and Aaron Brooks.....or even Dalembert who will be getting ATLEAST the full mid-level. People that could help the Knicks that they COULD possibly sign are Grant Hill, Ronnie Price, Vujacic, Rasual Butler, Reggie Evans, Lou Amundson, Luc Mbah a Moute, Fesenko, Kwame Brown and Mo Evans. Maybe they could find a way to get Rip Hamilton too if he really wants to play with Billups again.

Just thought I'd get everything out the way.........

Originally Posted by The Wizard

This offseason, we need to get 2 bigs.

9 man rotation

Chauncey, Fields, Amare, Melo, Turiaf, Toney, maybe Shawne Williams. We need to add 2 more bigs to this rotation.

Need to replace Toney with a better scorer off the bench.

the draft is VERY important for us going forward. If we can pick up 2-3 players and have atleast 1 be in our rotation then its a success. I still dont know who i want to go with with our first pick. Some comparisons i made....

Selby = OJ Mayo

Klay Thomp. = Houston

Faried = Ben Wallace

Do we go with potential or best fit?

Jimmer falls into the same trap as Selby for me.

I'd be for it, but how does that work with Melo and Amare? And this time, it's the opposite of Selby (and the offense) obviously speaking of defensively. Can't throw Jimmer in with those 2 and expect anything but 132-128 games.

We have 2 stars, but both have some flaws that have to be worked around. Unselfish guys that can play off the ball and also (hopefully) defend is pretty much going to have be the main focus.

Growing up in New Jersey I did support the Knicks and went to some games growing up. But Iverson was my favorite player and I became a Sixers fan. After the past few years I began to lose interest in them and I honestly became a Knicks fan last year and prayed that Bron would sign with them. Even without Bron, the first half of the year I loved watching that team. If you kept them together for a few years they could have grown together, added a few pieces along the way and turn into something real special. I was actually FOR trading for Melo but not at the expense of losing Felton, Gallo, Mozgov AND Chandler. But even with that I was still excited to see them play with two legit superstars....until I watched just about every game of Melo on the Knicks. Dude is selfish as hell and slows the game down so much that it's hard to watch. Pump fake, jab step, pump fake, another jab step, lowers his shoulder into the defender, takes two dribbles towards the basket and takes a mid-range jumper. I hate playing with those type of players and I'm sure in real life all of you would as well, no matter how talented the guy is. Before that the Knicks had a free flowing offense with young players that loved playing together. The chemistry was awesome. I really don't understand how you can say they couldn't win with that team plus a few added pieces. I think that team would have beat the Celtics first round.
Buc Em, there was no way we were going to keep that team from early last year together unless Wilson signs back here for cheap and we don't pull the trigger on adding Felton in a deal for DWill had we missed out on Melo. All Felton ever was for us is a stop-gap pg, look at his contract, it was made for it being tradeable once we got a shot at a 2nd superstar. Lets not pretend like Mozgov was some hot prospect coming in to the season. He's a project with potential, he won't be the last one. Regardless like the long time problem for the Knicks has been is we don't play defense. That team early this year didn't play any and at best was a marginal 1st round knockout playoff team. You can continue to fantasize in your what if world but what's done is done.

Your assessment of Melo is jaded and just seems like a knee jerk reaction of panic when the team wasn't doing well. I'll have to assume you had too much over-excitement in Melo coming thinking it'd be gravy once he got here as if he'd immediately fit in. You talking like the Knicks can't and won't get chemistry with Melo on the team like they've already practiced together for decades and still play like he just got traded there. GET OVER IT MAN. GALLO, FELTON, MOZGOV, & CHANDLER ARE GONE.
I know most of you didn't support them trading all 4 of those guys plus draft picks either but that's what the Knicks did. They took a shortcut and they now have no cap room to sign #!+*. On top of that I think Melo was absolutely the wrong guy to put next to Amare. Their whole cap room is now dedicated to two forwards who like to get the ball at the top of the key and go iso, and neither is a good passer. It looked like Chauncey got real old right before our eyes last year as well but maybe he'll prove me wrong next year. I'll support the Knicks either way but unless Chauncey goes back to the Chauncey before he got traded to NY and Fields goes back to how he played before the Melo trade I just don't like the team as it currently stands at all.
As a Knicks fan that's fine. Quincy probably agrees with you 100%
I'm not hating on them I just don't know how you can be a fan of them and not see the same stuff that I just said.
It's not that most won't see it. It's just that if you had been a fan for at least the past 5 years you'd know why some guys in here are regardless going to be hopeful and optimistic and say shh like draft Jimmer, sign Gasol, trade for CP3 and Dwight. We had no superstars before this season and not much hope. Then we got Amar'e, then we got Melo. You may not agree they're a good pair but who says the team is complete? If you dead set on thinking those two as our core can't win I hope they prove you wrong very soon.

Plus the majority of fans in here are basically life long fans. We're not gonna ditch the team cuz they suck, might stop watching for a while to gather the strength to get back to being a fan but we're not gonna just switch focus to our fav NBA player and root for them until a team we use to be a fan of becomes good again
People that could help the Knicks that they COULD possibly sign are Grant Hill, Ronnie Price, Vujacic, Rasual Butler, Reggie Evans, Lou Amundson, Luc Mbah a Moute, Fesenko, Kwame Brown and Mo Evans. Maybe they could find a way to get Rip Hamilton too if he really wants to play with Billups again.

Just thought I'd get everything out the way.........
Would like those two.

Knicks fans have been constantly called delusional on this forum. Thing is I'm sure in every team thread you can find a delusional post from a fan of a team. Get use to it. There's all types of delusional %!%@ on NT period.

So who u guys want in this draft?

Would getting Selby make sense, given we already have Toney Douglas, who's probably more of a pg than Selby will ever be (I hope not, but that seems like it is the case)?

I don't think we're going to get a starter-quality player in this weak draft so I don't really care who we get, just hope we can sign Dalembert and pick up a veteran 2 guard (do we have any chance getting Michael Redd?) and/or a veteran backup pg (I honestly wouldn't mind bringing back Anthony Carter).

I have a feeling we're not going to be able to get CP3/Deron with the new cba, so I'm thinking we should just try to see what we can get with a few years of Chauncey/Melo/Stat, and fil out the rest of the roster with veterans who play d and rebound.

Faried is the guy i want.

Length. Protects the rim. Super aggressive on the glass. Hustles end to end pretty well. Finishes around the rim strong (no Jeffries)

say go new york go new york gooooo ! knicks bulls series from 92 & 93 my fav knicks series in playoffs ever !

Qould you guys take a risk on Iverson NOW ? SG off the bench.. he's pretty much beggin to play in the NBA again.. I'm sure hell take little money too

A.I. off the bench in NY, with the possible lineups these next couple seasons, has a legit chance at getting a ring.

I haven't posted here since the 1st round. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom