**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Man, Amar'e's knees haven't even been an issue but I guess that'll be the excuse if he is traded.

But I've been thinking for a while now there's very few teams that want STAT or would take him off our hands especially teams with a superstar/legit franchise player. Eventually team's are going to have warped mentalities and not want Melo either.

EDIT

Hypothetically, who would yall want the Knicks to pick up if somehow someway Kemba, Jimmer, Faried, and Biyombo are all available @ 17?

Originally Posted by henz0

If I were knicks I'd trade Melo for Dwight before Amare.. Could you imagine
sick.gif
devil.gif
 The new generation twin towers, all we would need would be a decent PG and he'd average 14 assists a game. Imagine the PG coming off a pic-n-roll from (D12 or Stat) and lobbing it up to either or, almost every single time
laugh.gif
. In that case I'd take Fredette as the SG, just waiting outside, he average like 18 a game because of them

[h1][/h1]
[h1] Spero Dedes to become Knicks broadcaster [/h1] Posted by Inside Hoops
Jun 21

Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register reports:

Spero Dedes had hoped in April a deal would work out for him to move from radio to the Lakers’ TV job. But things changed during negotiations that included Dedes wanting to continue periodic work for CBS on the NFL and college basketball and other national jobs — and Dedes is instead headed to be a radio and TV play-by-play man for the New York Knicks, who will allow him to do some national work.

“We had a verbal agreement with Spero to be our new TV play-by-play announcer,

[h1][/h1]
[h1]But the flex cap offer made by the owners Tuesday seemed to be a victory for high-revenue owners (James lorraine Dolan) and the trend of forming superteams (amar'e, CP3 and Melo)[/h1]

pimp.gif
roll.gif
at Lorraine

What is a flex cap of $62M ? Would that mean we can sign W. Chandler and Dalembert and still have $ for CP3 outright ?I'm fine with snatching Robin Lopez, as long as he comes along with G. Hill

As long as we don't draft Jimmer, I'll be happy. That kid will be buns and will be a complete waste of a pick.

AND WE BETTER NOT SELECT A FOREIGN SHOOTER, WE DON'T WANT THAT BULLSHI

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Apparently we are trying to make a run at Robin Lopez

I'd be happy with Robin Lopez actually, but I wonder what we'd have to give up for him. At this point with all the CBA uncertainty, I'm happy with any players at the 1,2,5 that can play and aren't combo guards (unless we trade TD).

Dudes laughed at me during the season when I said I'd welcome Robin Lopez to the squad. For what he's worth, he's a great guy to have on the team and sort of fills a void.

I won't dare interfere with any draft talk cuz I don't watch a lick of college ball.

Same here idk any college players besides who's the projected #1 pick lol

Who did people want us to draft last yr instead of Fields & Rautins ?

Same here idk any college players besides who's the projected #1 pick lol

Who did people want us to draft last yr instead of Fields & Rautins ?

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Carmelo Wants Knicks To Draft Selby[/h3]
Jun 22, 2011 10:14 AM EDT

Selby_Josh_ncaa_110115.jpg

Carmelo Anthony's draft philosophy is simple and precise: draft the best available player from Baltimore.

Anthony has made it clear to the Knicks that he'd love for the club to draft one of his Baltimore pals, Josh Selby, a 6-3 combo guard out of Kansas. Selby is all but certain to be available when the Knicks, who own the 17th pick in Thursday's NBA draft, make their selection.

The question is whether the Knicks will take a chance on Selby at 17 or trade for a late first-round pick or a second-rounder with the hope that Selby would still be available.

Via Frank Isola/New York Daily News

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214252/Carmelo_Wants_Knicks_To_Draft_Selby#ixzz1Q1gvQsOZ

shut up Melo

2val8gn.jpg

34fk4fq.jpg

From the looks of it we did change our logo , got rid of the black
pimp.gif
our throwbacks are probably gonna be our main uniforms now can't wait to see the white one hopefully our court will have blue in the paint like in the 90's
smokin.gif

One CAA client asking for another CAA client to be drafted? nothing wrong with that.

@ SuperProducer I agreed with adding Robin Lopez. He played well with Amar'e in Phoenix.

The Knicks Pick: The New York Knicks are believed to be moving in on a deal to acquire the 30th overall pick from the Chicago Bulls according to sources. The Knicks have told a number of players projected in the early second round that they would and could acquire an additional pick to take them. The problem is this is exactly what the Knicks said last year and did not end up taking any of the players they pledged to draft nor did they follow through on acquiring additional picks.

It is worth noting that Bulls sources have said it is unlikely that they use both of their first round picks, the 28th and 30th overall, so the rumors of the Knicks moving on the 30 lines up with what Chicago is saying.

The Knicks have expressed interest in Andrew Goudelock, Julyan Stone, Darius Morris and Brad Wannamaker. All four likely would be available in the 2nd round so grabbing the #30 simply would give New York its pick of the bunch, but would still be somewhat high for players that might be on the board four picks later with non-guaranteed contracts.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/knicks-...ter-targeting-steve-nash-and-jonny-flynn.html
http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/knicks-look ... flynn.html

Reports: Knicks Targeting Steve Nash, Jonny Flynn to Bolster Backcourt by Patrick McHugh on Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 2:57PM 0 Do you like this story?
Boosted by the signing of power forward Amar'e Stoudemire last summer and the trade for small forward Carmelo Anthony in February, the Knicks made their first playoff appearance since 2004.

Looking to build off their best season in seven years, the team is now in the hunt for a point guard this offseason. Rumors are swirling the team might be interested in trading for former MVP Steve Nash to team with Stoudemire and Anthony.
The trade would involve swapping Nash for Chauncey Billups and some younger players or future draft picks. Nash is 37 years old and has never won an NBA title, but a trade to New York could change that.

Should Phoenix decide not to trade Nash, another possibility for the Knicks is Timberwolves guard Jonny Flynn, who starred in the Empire State at Syracuse University. The Knicks have begun preliminary talks with Minnesota about a deal, which would likely include Toney Douglas heading to the Twin City. Flynn's future in Minnesota is in question after Spanish phenom Ricky Rubio announced his intention to play in the NBA next season. Rubio was the Timberwolves' first-round pick in the 2009 NBA Draft.

I've read that any deal for Nash would have to include Josh Childress. If that happens, say good bye to our cap space.

Back
Top Bottom