**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

1. When you have Melo and Amare on your team, you need to surround them with shooters everywhere. We currently only have 2 shooters, and 1 is gonna be gone after today. Superstar filled teams NEED shooters.
2. Morris bros are gonna be huge busts. I'm fine with Shelden Williams backing up Amare than any of them.
3. All those guys are raw as hell or undersized, and no thanks to Valuncias. We're not rebuilding and this is a horrible draft for big men. Its worth taking a gamble on Biyombo (wont be available) and MAYBE vucevic (only because he'll fit pretty well in this system)
4. All those ex-Knicks you mentioned are low IQ, cancerous, bonehead players with talent that Isiah got us. Team had talent, but horrible fit. Different front office.
5. Brooks might be a bad fit, but having a guy like Klay as starting SG or Kemba, Fredette, and Selby coming off the bench as a 6th man is pretty good if you ask me.

We can get bigs through FA.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by PMatic

@ESPNAndyKatz There is a real belief in the Kemba camp that if he doesn't go to the Kings at 7 then he could be there for Knicks at 17, landing at home.

can someone photoshop Kemba kicking a cat or something? we need to scare the kings into not selecting him

laugh.gif
roll.gif
Kemba falling to us at 17 would be a !%$*!+% steal. make that *@%! happen and try and get Faried with a later pick and call it a night
pimp.gif

Why do youidiots want to draft another shoot first player that does nothing elsewell? You should be hoping for Biyombo, Faried, Valancunias, one of theMorris brothers, Chris Singleton, Vucevic...somebody along those lines.Not Kemba, Selby or Marshon Brooks.

And you wonder how you guys ended up with Marbury, Francis, Z-Bo,Crawford and Curry. Maybe......just maybe....because those are the typeof players you guys always root for.

im reallyyy sure that one has something to do with another
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

I mean in case you were wondering Kemba is a great all around player and hes a killer i wouldnt just call him somebody who does nothing else well, and idk iof people are still too hung up on Brooks but Josh Selby has the potential to be one of the best defensive PGs in the NBA if he can reach his potential, he has the size, athletisism and grit to be though. I think that we all like guys like Biyombo (obviously but unlikely) as with Singleton, and i know i in particular love the idea of getting a Faried/Vucevic and i definitley want one of them but i know that i believe along with alot of other people that we should probably come out of this offseason with a potential PG of the future on this team so they have the leverage of playing behind Billups and learning from him for a season or 2 rather than taking somebody a year or 2 later and just hoisting them into the spotlight right away, and you did not name 1 PG. Thats what makes guys like Kemba or Selby intriguing.

However im a little wary of Kemba running the point because of his lack of size and ball dominant/attacking style of play. but his talent/hunger is !%$*!+% undeniable and he was a pass first PG for the most part up until this year. imo if hes available when we pick he is too talented to pass up (and a much better option than Jimmer imo)... also im prettyy sure that NYC would go up in flames if he was passed
laugh.gif
(id peronally pass him up for Bismark though given the scenario that we move up and they are BOTH available, but if Kemba is there at 17, you take him)

Whatever , Yall know what i mean . I rather be the Mavs who are elite offensively and are good on defense rather than be Chicago and be great on defense and poor on offense. We were that in the 90's we won NOTHING . To win in today's NBA you have to be an ELITE offensive team and also play good to great defense. We already have two great offensive players if we surround them with shooters and a game changing defensive big we will be close.
laugh.gif
at this clown Buc Em calling us idiots because of who we want to draft why you still post in here ?

You need shooters? Well Kemba is a scorer, not a shooter. Klay Thompson and Jimmer are shooters, they would be good picks if they're still there (which they probably won't be unless you move up). You're a LITTLE wary about drafting Kemba because of his lack of size and ball dominant playing style? (which would be an awesome fit next to Melo and Amare, let me tell you) Get Faried with a later pick....? Dude ain't falling out of the top 20. All this talk about you need defense and every one of you basically just wanna pick the best offensive player available. There's no getting through to Knick fans, I swear.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

You need shooters? Well Kemba is a scorer, not a shooter. Klay Thompson and Jimmer are shooters, they would be good picks if they're still there (which they probably won't be unless you move up). You're a LITTLE wary about drafting Kemba because of his lack of size and ball dominant playing style? (which would be an awesome fit next to Melo and Amare, let me tell you) Get Faried with a later pick....? Dude ain't falling out of the top 20. All this talk about you need defense and every one of you basically just wanna pick the best offensive player available. There's no getting through to Knick fans, I swear.
So then why post?

If Kemba and Jimmer are available at 17, I'll take Kemba 10 out o 10 times. Moving up just to get Jimmer is r-word.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Youneed shooters? Well Kemba is a scorer, not a shooter. Klay Thompson andJimmer are shooters, they would be good picks if they're still there(which they probably won't be unless you move up). You're a LITTLE waryabout drafting Kemba because of his lack of size and ball dominantplaying style? (which would be an awesome fit next to Melo and Amare,let me tell you) Get Faried with a later pick....? Dude ain't fallingout of the top 20. All this talk about you need defense and every oneof you basically just wanna pick the best offensive player available.There's no getting through to Knick fans, I swear.
i havebeen against pure offense this entire time, and i still am really. whenit comes to most players, incuding even steve nash. however at 17 Kembais too special to pass up. he is more than just a great scorer, he isteam chemistry kind of guy, a leader, and most of all a winner. he isundersized but very strong/athletic and feisty on the ball on defense,and was a pass 1st pg most of his career during college. imo him Meloand Stat running the break would be special and a great fit. I mean thedefense would certainly not be top notch but those 3 alone make up atop 5 offense, and than you try and get defensive minded role playersat the 2 and the 5 and off the bench.

Im not against going for these defensive minded players, and KennethFaried is probably my favorite player in the entire draft and if thecircumstance came and we picked him that is great because he is PERFECTfor this team and i have been saying he is my guy since day 1. Howeverif were at 17 and we take Faried over Kemba even i think that is+#!%%$% crazy. Yes, we all want defense, BUT the chance to improve youroffense THAT much with that draft pick triumphs the possibility to makeour defense go from $++# to still pretty bad.

and just a little side note i dont think im for passing up on AlecBurks if hes available at 17 either, there has been growing reportshaving him going deeper and deeper and now most mocks even have himavailable at 17. Burks is a top 10 talent, can run the point, guardboth guard pesoitions VERY effectively, and has a sick upside. Hes beenone of my favorite players in this draft for awhile and i lovedwatching him play in school, and no hes not "just offense"
30t6p3b.gif
If hesstill on the board unless someone like Kemba or Bismark or maybeThompson as well (cause hes a shooter) happens to be on board as well,i say we snag him up.

I see Markieff is getting matched up with us a lot in mock drafts.

..I loved the Morris twins in college, not as big of a fan for the NBA. would not want.

if Kemba falls, gotta take him. He'd have to play more like Freshman year Kemba though, where he was a more efficient player and distributor.

Great Offensive teams win? You mean like the D'Antoni Suns? 
Great Defenses don't win? Like The Spurs, Celtics, Pistons of this generation? 

Come on bro.

Offense will win you games, Defense will win you championships. This notion has been overly used throughout the history of sports but it's evidently true, no doubt about it. 

Shooters are the easiest things to come by, especially in the NBA. We must draft big, strong, tough, and defensive; AT least one of the picks

the fact that this argument is even happening shows how much that snake oil salesman dantoni has penetrated into your brains

Not even dudes seem really fooled by what the Mavs win. You take away LeBron choking and nobody else stepping up in games 5 & 6 and they win cuz they clearly have better defense.

I wouldn't mind being a team like the Mavs in that our great offense is more notable than our good defense but don't think it's a lock for us to come out of the East with better defensive teams in MIA and CHI.

ehhh w.e 
laugh.gif
. dantoni sucks because of his small lineups BS and stubbornness.  i still think 95% of the time the better balanced offensive team will win the championship.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Come on bro.

Offense will win you games, Defense will win you championships. This notion has been overly used throughout the history of sports but it's evidently true, no doubt about it. 

Shooters are the easiest things to come by, especially in the NBA. We must draft big, strong, tough, and defensive; AT least one of the picks
...  Is an incorrect cliche when it comes to basketball, and even now when it comes to football.  Packers vs. Steelers?  Who was the better defensive team?  Who was the better offensive team?  hmmm....  What about Saints vs. Colts?  Why haven't the best defensive teams in the NFL won more championships (Ravens, Jets)?  
How about the NBA?  What happened to Chicago?  Dallas beat Miami despite not being known as an elite defense.  The Celtics had a beautiful offensive system when they won, perfect ball movement and spacing, everyone knew their roles, with elite playmakers and scorers all over the court.  Same goes for the Spurs.  The Pistons are an exception, but their win was a little flukey—they are an exception to alot of NBA rules.

D'antoni's Suns were more successful than teams like Fratello's Cavs/Grizzlies or Van Gundy's Rockets that preached defense instead of anything else, so I don't see your point.  

I'm not saying that you can win without defense, I just think the phrase you quoted is a myth.  You need great defense and an elite offensive system to win an NBA chip...  The NFL is even stranger, I don't even believe you need an elite defense anymore, just one that can come up with a few big plays.

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Come on bro.

...  Is an incorrect cliche when it comes to basketball, and even now when it comes to football.  Packers vs. Steelers?  Who was the better defensive team?  Who was the better offensive team?  hmmm....  What about Saints vs. Colts?  Why haven't the best defensive teams in the NFL won more championships (Ravens, Jets)?  
How about the NBA?  What happened to Chicago?  Dallas beat Miami despite not being known as an elite defense.  The Celtics had a beautiful offensive system when they won, perfect ball movement and spacing, everyone knew their roles, with elite playmakers and scorers all over the court.  Same goes for the Spurs.  The Pistons are an exception, but their win was a little flukey—they are an exception to alot of NBA rules.

D'antoni's Suns were more successful than teams like Fratello's Cavs/Grizzlies or Van Gundy's Rockets that preached defense instead of anything else, so I don't see your point.  

I'm not saying that you can win without defense, I just think the phrase you quoted is a myth.  You need great defense and an elite offensive system to win an NBA chip...  The NFL is even stranger, I don't even believe you need an elite defense anymore, just one that can come up with a few big plays.

Thank you.

Next time I see the Knicks playing 11 on 11 I'll reference the NFL for comparisons to basketball.

y'all can't be serious...

..I know you guys are Knicks fans but how could you have watched us this year and said "man, more offense is going to really put us over the top" .....??
grin.gif

all i'm saying is we dont have to be the #1 defensive team in the league to win the championship, if we can manage to get into the top 5-8 we'll be fine. back to the draft though............

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

Originally Posted by DubA169

the fact that this argument is even happening shows how much that snake oil salesman dantoni has penetrated into your brains

laugh.gif

159781_o.gif

this gif kills me every time

knicks don't need any more shooters. they were basically a 65/35 shooting/driving team during last season

that *++# is unsustainable

the team needs some big dudes to post up in the paint and on defense

i don't wanna be singing along to the friday night knicks jingle and seeing someone like jimmer fredette ghost playing drums with robert randolph and the family band in the promo

i think fareid would be perfect if we werent set in the forward position. kemba is a legit player we can build and win with if hes available. and we can get unskilled bigs with later picks and the dude we have overseas.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

all i'm saying is we dont have to be the #1 defensive team in the league to win the championship, if we can manage to get into the top 5-8 we'll be fine. back to the draft though............

Agreed 100% We don't need to be a powerhouse defensive team like Chicago, Miami or Boston. If we improve on our rebounding and team defense we can be a top 10 team in this league. I just hope we can gel offensively by next season and stay injury free.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Agreed 100% We don't need to be a powerhouse defensive team like Chicago, Miami or Boston. If we improve on our rebounding and team defense we can be a top 10 team in this league. I just hope we can gel offensively by next season and stay injury free.
Okay, I'm not saying we should be the best defensive team in the league but why can't you guys understand we were DEAD LAST in the league in points allowed. We were in the bottom three when it came down to rebounding and defense. So why the hell are we going to draft more shooters? Why the hell are we going to draft more offense? My man said it best, D'Antoni is in ya'll heads.To get through to being a top 10 defensive team we need DEFENSIVE players, we need bigs, and we need rebounding. You think were gonna wake up tomorrow and go up 20+ teams in points allowed & rebounding by drafting more shooters?? I can't believe this is even a debate right now.

Back
Top Bottom