**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

all i'm saying is we dont have to be the #1 defensive team in the league to win the championship, if we can manage to get into the top 5-8 we'll be fine. back to the draft though............

Agreed 100% We don't need to be a powerhouse defensive team like Chicago, Miami or Boston. If we improve on our rebounding and team defense we can be a top 10 team in this league. I just hope we can gel offensively by next season and stay injury free.
Okay, I'm not saying we should be the best defensive team in the league but why can't you guys understand we were DEAD LAST in the league in points allowed. We were in the bottom three when it came down to rebounding and defense. So why the hell are we going to draft more shooters? Why the hell are we going to draft more offense? My man said it best, D'Antoni is in ya'll heads.To get through to being a top 10 defensive team we need DEFENSIVE players, we need bigs, and we need rebounding. You think were gonna wake up tomorrow and go up 20+ teams in points allowed & rebounding by drafting more shooters?? I can't believe this is even a debate right now.

What debate do you speak of ? There is no debate we need to get WAY better defensively. The debate is whether we can win a chip being a better offensive team than defensive which is yes. We can win it all being a top 2 or 3 offensive team and a top 6 or 7 team in total defense.

all i'm saying is we dont have to be the #1 defensive team in the league to win the championship, if we can manage to get into the top 5-8 we'll be fine. back to the draft though............

Agreed 100% We don't need to be a powerhouse defensive team like Chicago, Miami or Boston. If we improve on our rebounding and team defense we can be a top 10 team in this league. I just hope we can gel offensively by next season and stay injury free.
Okay, I'm not saying we should be the best defensive team in the league but why can't you guys understand we were DEAD LAST in the league in points allowed. We were in the bottom three when it came down to rebounding and defense. So why the hell are we going to draft more shooters? Why the hell are we going to draft more offense? My man said it best, D'Antoni is in ya'll heads.To get through to being a top 10 defensive team we need DEFENSIVE players, we need bigs, and we need rebounding. You think were gonna wake up tomorrow and go up 20+ teams in points allowed & rebounding by drafting more shooters?? I can't believe this is even a debate right now.

Well you are right in a way, because the Knicks do need big men/rebounders really badly.  But they also need shooters—neither one is the single piece right now.  Basically the Melo trade totally gutted the team, so there is very little talent left on the squad outside of Melo/Amare—you guys remember how awful that 4th quarter lineup was in the playoffs when Melo took over.  Right now, the Knicks need guys who can play at every position: the role player talent is utter garbage.  So I say you take the best player available at your spot (they do need size and athleticism though).

Like I said earlier on. Drafting defensive players wont make your team a good defensive team. It starts from the coaching and works its way to the players. We can have Dwight Howard, Shane Battier, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, and Chris Paul on the Knicks and still won't be as great defensive team, because Pringle's will make the players just worry about passing the ball and jacking up open 3's.

Originally Posted by nyknicks105

We can have Dwight Howard, Shane Battier, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, and Chris Paul on the Knicks and still won't be as great defensive team, because Pringle's will make the players just worry about passing the ball and jacking up open 3's.

exactly

Like I said earlier on. Drafting defensive players wont make your team a good defensive team. It starts from the coaching and works its way to the players. We can have Dwight Howard, Shane Battier, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, and Chris Paul on the Knicks and still won't be as great defensive team, because Pringle's will make the players just worry about passing the ball and jacking up open 3's.

Indeed but some players are just lazy. I want pringles out ASAP.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

We can have Dwight Howard, Shane Battier, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, and Chris Paul on the Knicks and still won't be as great defensive team, because Pringle's will make the players just worry about passing the ball and jacking up open 3's
exactly
So KG, Battier, Dwight, and Rondo are just gonna stop being floor generals on defense, not care about it, and just start jacking up 3s? I'd love to see that
laugh.gif
Just cuz it is so absurd. I'd love to see Pringles make them do that.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

We can have Dwight Howard, Shane Battier, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, and Chris Paul on the Knicks and still won't be as great defensive team, because Pringle's will make the players just worry about passing the ball and jacking up open 3's
exactly
So KG, Battier, Dwight, and Rondo are just gonna stop being floor generals on defense, not care about it, and just start jacking up 3s? I'd love to see that
laugh.gif
Of course not, but they won't have as much of a focus on it as they do now (because they're on teams that preach defense). All the better defensive players in the league are on good defensive teams.

The Suns were a couple of bad breaks from going to the finals and winning the finals. I don't care what anyone says. Our offensive this year was suspect at best. When were clicking though, we went on a roll. Melo comes along and they were forced to play it by ear.

It's not a knock on the Suns who were a completely better fit for Pringles style of play. They had guys on that team who were able to get the rest of the guys to play more D (Bell & Marion) Yeah, we have Chauncey but other than that we don't have another player who's known for his defensive presence. It's that this group of players won't reach their potential under Pringles because of his system. Melo doesn't need a coach who isn't going to say anything to him about defense over the course of 82 games, neither does Amar'e.

From TheKnicksBlgo.com:

Via ESPN:

Milwaukee have agreed in principle to a three-team trade with the Sacramento Kings and the Charlotte Bobcats that will put shooting guard Stephen Jackson in a Bucks uniform, multiple sources said Thursday.

The Bucks will get Jackson and Charlotte’s Shaun Livingston, Sacramento’s Beno Udrih and the 19th pick from the Bobcats in Thursday night’s draft, while Charlotte obtains the No. 7 pick from Sacramento and forward Corey Maggette from Milwaukee.

The Kings will get guard John Salmons from Milwaukee and the 10th pick in the draft. Charlotte will hold onto the No. 9 pick.

So the Bobcats lose SJax but go into tonight with #7 and #9 at their disposal.

that was the trade announcement? 
grin.gif
man....should i edit the title before everyone jumps on me? 
nerd.gif
or wait for the real news?...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

exactly
laugh.gif
Of course not, but they won't have as much of a focus on it as they do now (because they're on teams that preach defense). All the better defensive players in the league are on good defensive teams.
I'm talking right now. Right now, there's no way KG does not focus on defense if he's on another team just because the coaching staff doesn't. Coaches can mold young players to be geared to offense or defense but a coaching staff isn't completely changing players in their prime or vets to not be who they are.

There's no way that group of players comes to the Knicks and not make them at the least the top 2 defense in the league immediatley. I don't care who is coaching. Dwight taking 3s? Not making his team better defensively? Cuz Pringles talking nothing but offense in practice?
laugh.gif

What you stated was simply hyperbole. Go try that out in 2k11 or something and tell me the Knicks don't win the chip.

Looking like Faried is mos def gonna be available at 17 the way things are going
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom