**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

masochism-gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification.

30t6p3b.gif

I watched from the middle of the 2nd quarter on so I didn't see this non stop 3pointer brick wall the Knicks built but from what I did see the Knicks played pretty good despite playing catch up all game long. I liked Gallo's defense on Melo, Fields played great
pimp.gif
Hope he keeps slashing and him and Amar'e keep creating in the paint, Felton played okay. Not even down on all of those Nene dunks since Moz and Turiaf were both in foul trouble so the line up in the 4th was understandable.

Just realized I saw no AR tonight and didn't really miss the guy. Almost felt like Melo was doing anything for the Knicks to win  in the end
laugh.gif

Still sucks that we lost but I'll say it again we won't win games depending on Amar'e shooting 3s. Just won't work. I don't care what his % is or how many makes he got so far. He's strictly spot up and it don't look automatic yet.

We chucked 3's most of the game and were down double digits a majority of the game...Towards the end of the game we start driving to the paint and tie the game and had a chance to win it...It seemed as if the players decided to take the game into their own hands rather than allow D'Antoni to tell them how to play...Let's hope they learned from this game and carry it over into the next...If we keep slashing to the hoop, as athletic as this team is, anything is possible...There's 71 games left in the season

And not to keep you in suspense, but I talked to a source close with real knowledge and it’s something I posted on Twitter.Donnie Walsh and Mike D’Antoni are not on the same page and contrary to popular belief, even on my own part, Walsh isn’t opposed to dismissing D’Antoni especially if they bomb on this road trip. And, according to the source, Walsh would be able to name a successor.

Originally Posted by DubA169

And not to keep you in suspense, but I talked to a source close with real knowledge and it’s something I posted on Twitter.Donnie Walsh and Mike D’Antoni are not on the same page and contrary to popular belief, even on my own part, Walsh isn’t opposed to dismissing D’Antoni especially if they bomb on this road trip. And, according to the source, Walsh would be able to name a successor.
nerd.gif
I really wish Marc Jackson hopped on board

YOOOO

wo just heard what dantoni saida bout shooting! "you can't stop shooting 3's. can't say you guys are lousy shooters and just go to the basket. can't start grasping straws and say you shoot and you don't. that's why new york's tough, we have some people doubting themselves"

FIRE THE $%$* NOWWW

Its all from theknicksblog.comHeres more: The source says Knicks players aren’t happy, and why would they be, every game seems to end in the same result.This is not to excuse them, they’ve been dreadful from behind the arc, but it seems as if D’Antoni has already lost the locker room and only a win can even begin to change the atmosphere.The source also tells me that D’Antoni and Walsh haven’t been on the same page for some time and one can only speculate it may have something to do with D’Antoni’s resistance to play Anthony Randolph, who Walsh loves, major minutes among other things like the lack of improvement of the team.Things are brewing, and this is not to say that a dismissal is imminent, it’s to say that it’s not a given that D’Antoni, should the Knicks continue to lose, will last all that long.I expect there to be the same patience that Walsh has exuded since hes been here. But it appears it’s wearing thin.And it may cost D’Antoni his job, again, unless the Knicks can do something on this road trip.

Is this you.. or you're posting this from somewhere ?

YOOOO

wo just heard what dantoni saida bout shooting! "you can't stopshooting 3's. can't say you guys are lousy shooters and just go to thebasket. can't start grasping straws and say you shoot and you don't.that's why new york's tough, we have some people doubting themselves"

FIRE THE $%$* NOWWW
Yep, I heard that and chuckled.

If Mike said that, i swear if i ever see him out in the City i will do all of you a favor and deck him in the face, even if that leaves me in handcuffs.

YOOOO

wo just heard what dantoni saida bout shooting! "you can't stop shooting 3's. can't say you guys are lousy shooters and just go to the basket. can't start grasping straws and say you shoot and you don't. that's why new york's tough, we have some people doubting themselves"

FIRE THE $%$* NOWWW
i heard that and just shook my head...

If we had a PG like Nash, CP3, or some other top tier, Fields would average major points.. dudes always in the right place, right time. Smart player

both sides, staff and players are equally accountable for these performances.

If you fire him this year, then what? Let Herb Williams be an interim coach again? no thanks.

Firing him mid-season is likely not going to work. Think his brother and Phil Weber would stick around? Not sure how you go about hiring a new staff mid-year...

I'm not against a change, but with the way this staff is assembled, it will be difficult to do anything during the year.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Ya seen how we played smoother when we were driving in ? 

Guaranteed if not tomorrow, the end of this road trip we'll regress BACK to taking bad perimeter shots time after time. 

Amazing how much better we play when we have the mentality to go to the basket first.

D’Antoni’s resistance to play Anthony Randolph, who Walsh loves, major minutes among other things like the lack of improvement of the team.
this is not surprising.

If Mike could mold his own team it'd be of skilled and smaller guys who can shoot. Donnie wants the most length and athleticism possible.

Their marriage was brought together, mostly, to do one thing: Land LeBron.

He could have appeased both of their philosophies with a team built around him. But it didn't happen and now you have this team created of Mike guys and Donnie guys.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh underwent successful hip replacement surgery the team announced Tuesday. For Walsh, 69, it is his third surgery in three years. This time the surgery was on his right hip. He had been using a walker to move around. New York Daily News
Alan Hahn: Oakley also vehemently denied report that he told LeBron to avoid NY: "I swear on my mother, LeBron didn't ask me nothing about the Knicks."

Alan Hahn: Oakley has been asking for 5 years to be on the Knicks staff. He sounds frustrated that his words are often used against him. He cares.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/marbury_countdown_to_knicks_firing_AGWpsXRti3RGnibom04Q3L
"Amare likes to win,'' Marbury said. "He's not a loser. Nobody explained to him about New York. They don't win, the finger will get pointed at him. First, it's going to be about the money. He wants to win. Him being frustrated and speaking out, it's not surprising to me.'' New York Post

"If you're trying to make money, play for D'Antoni,'' Marbury said. "If he likes you, he'll get you your shot from down yonder and let you shoot from the hashmark line and nobody will say nothing. New York Post

'He doesn’t teach defense,'' Marbury said. "He teaches offense. (Jeff) Van Gundy teaches defense. (The D'Antoni system) doesn't work in New York. Not in the East. You have to have a team that dives for balls and takes the 3 when nobody expects you to take the 3. You have to be inside the fans' minds and that's what they want. There's knowledgeable people in the arena. They're talking to you while you're shooting a jump shot.'' New York Post

Actually, Marbury sounded just like any other bitter Knicks fan disgusted by the team's 3-7 start and five-game losing streak. Marbury claims to be just that – a diehard Knicks fan — though he has fallen out of favor with most supporters. "It's just a matter of time,'' Marbury said. "That's all I got to stay about D'Antoni's situation. I don't pay attention to his coaching. It hasn't changed since he won 50 games or since all the how many games he's lost here. If he had different pieces, he's a very effective coach. But without any players that play with the realm of how he coaches the game, it will never be. "It's a matter of time,'' Marbury added. "It's a countdown now. He put a countdown on his head. Now (the fans) know we're never going to win a championship like this.'' New York Post

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/marbury_countdown_to_knicks_firing_AGWpsXRti3RGnibom04Q3L

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infom...n&feed:c=sports_blogs&feed:i=1.2465246&part=1

Originally Posted by Al3xis

He could have appeased both of their philosophies with a team built around him. But it didn't happen and now you have this team created of Mike guys and Donnie guys.
This is Coach fantasy lineup...

Bargnani
Amare
Nowitzki
Ginobili
Nash

This is Walsh fantasy lineup

Howard
Garnett
Lebron
Melo
CP3