**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by MrONegative

So ... the NBA's official stance is Stern wants to cut salary by 1/3. They spend 2.1 billion. They wanna cut 750-800 million.

Melo's getting traded and signing that extension. This lockout is gonna be ugly.
I remember the last time we had a lockout...I was one depressed nba fan
laugh.gif

every morning I would check the news to see if they reached an agreement...kept doing it for the next 4 months..then I see Allan Houston on the newspaper...Lockout is over!
eek.gif
glasses.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I took it hard as a kid back then
laugh.gif

Ok, so does anyone wanna explain how fantasy teams work?
laugh.gif

Is it just adding up stats from your players & whoever has most points wins?

btw, I registered under the name "Blouses."

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Ok, so does anyone wanna explain how fantasy teams work?
laugh.gif

Is it just adding up stats from your players & whoever has most points wins?
Yea that pretty much it

Honestly tho for us team nyk members that aren't doing the league it's gunna get mad annoying when ur fantasy bball talk is mixed in with actual knicks related talk that the thread was made for during the season. Yes doggie, I'm sad.

Mozgov
Amare
Chandler
Fields
Felton

This should be one of our best lineups.. I think coach should try Walker @ the 2 spot..

I joined the league already.. under " I Must Break You ! " LOL

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Amare has looked incredible this preseason.
It's funny cause everyone always puts him behind Gasol, Bosh, Duncan and Dirk that first category of big men...Myself included last year I made my fair share of cracks about what I concieved of as a lack of effort at times, but the guy has been an all-star every year since 2005 except for the year he injured his knee, from which he returned as well from a knee injury as anyone ever has.  He's been on two nba second team's and one first team and is just now entering his prime.  Sure, he has his short comings on defense and could be a better rebounder but I don't see what puts those guys ahead of him really.  As he said during the playoffs, he used to eat Gasol's lunch before he joined LA, and pretty much played him to a stand-still in the playoffs.  He's been the second guy on one of the best teams of the past decade.  Really, I think he is underrated, and then there is this talk about him falling off without Nash which is laughable.  I think he is as motivated as anybody coming into this year.  He has always wanted to be the guy, and this is his chance to prove himself this year.  Looking forward to it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

He has always wanted to be the guy, and this is his chance to prove himself this year.  Looking forward to it
pimp.gif
This is the main point. I expect at LEAST a 20-10 year from Amare.
pimp.gif

I mean, post All-Star break last year, how many guys were playing at his level? Probably can count them on one hand. He was 27 and 10 for about the last 30 games.

I hold my breath because of

a) health

b) motivating factors

but when he has both going for him like right now, he's pretty damn good.

I'm waiting for Anthony Randolph to show me anything.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I mean, post All-Star break last year, how many guys were playing at his level? Probably can count them on one hand. He was 27 and 10 for about the last 30 games.

I hold my breath because of

a) health

b) motivating factors

but when he has both going for him like right now, he's pretty damn good.

I'm waiting for Anthony Randolph to show me anything.
I had such high hopes for AR. I hope he can show us something so we can at least use him for trade purposes.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

knicks-fans-copy.jpg

grin.gif

What the story behind this photo? I'm guessing it's photoshopped???

I thought it was shopped but CP3 rocking a Ewing jersey at some point in time isn't that wild but it's probably fake since it's Melo and Paul.

Back
Top Bottom