**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

So ... Melo's asking Spike Lee for advice. What? 
ept_sports_nba_experts-428823048-1287693842.jpg

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

question, who was able to trade for carmelo in nba 2k11? and how did u do it?
nerd.gif

I traded for him before i started my association, just gave up curry and gallo saved the rosters then took them into association.

MONTREAL - Wilson Chandler could become the Knicks' new sixth man, with Toney Douglas taking his place as the starting shooting guard.

Mike D'Antoni is considering altering his starting lineup because Douglas has played well and mostly because Chandler gives the Knicks versatility and scoring off the bench.

"The starting lineup might be different after seeing some things because we don't have that conventional (shooting guard) that you can pencil right in," D'Antoni said Friday before the Knicks lost, 108-103, to the Toronto Raptors before a sellout crowd of 22,114 in the first NBA game played at the Bell Centre. "I like what Toney brings into it."

D'Antoni cautioned that he could change his mind between now and Wednesday, when the Knicks open the 2010-11 regular season in Toronto. But the team's lack of depth is why D'Antoni feels it makes sense to have Chandler coming off the bench.

The likely starting lineup could be Felton, Douglas, Danilo Gallinari, Stoudemire and Timofey Mozgov. Under that scenario, D'Antoni has the flexibility to replace any of those starters with Chandler, who can play three positions.

Of the players likely to be in the rotation off the bench - Anthony Randolph, Walker and Ronny Turiaf - none owns a career scoring average above 9.2 ppg. Kelenna Azubuike is averaging 10.6 in 205 career games, but the veteran guard is recovering from knee surgery and could be out until January.

When asked if the Knicks could miss what Harrington brought, D'Antoni said: "We would like to have that. I just feel like no matter what we're going to score points. Now it's a matter of who's doing the little things, all the energy, we need rebounding, we need to play defense. All those things will go into it. But you're right, it would be nice to have a guy that can come in and score points and we'll look for that."

http://www.nydailynews.co..._chandler_could_sit.html

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is touting forward Amar'e Stoudemire as an MVP candidate this season.

"I'm hoping he's the MVP this year," D'Antoni said. "That's kind of what he should shoot for and I'm sure what he's trying to be."

Unless they deal for Carmelo Anthony, the Knicks will need a dominant season from Stoudemire in order to contend for a playoff spot.

Asked Thursday if he has reached his prime, Stoudemire said: "Not yet, not yet. I think this year is going to be the starting point of my prime."

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: D'Antoni Touts Stoudemire As MVP Candidate

Reading that Knicks article I'd be open to take Smith in that Melo trade. We got depth but it's filled with players who only have potential. I was expecting AR to show us something scoring wise but nothing so far and looking at it I don't even like the fact that we took an injured player in that Lee trade.

laugh.gif
@ CP3 to Miami. That's not even funny
indifferent.gif

-____________________________________________- at the notion of CP3 to Miami.

edit: wait, "4 months ago." Are you effing serious Dub?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Reading that Knicks article I'd be open to take Smith in that Melo trade. We got depth but it's filled with players who only have potential. I was expecting AR to show us something scoring wise but nothing so far and looking at it I don't even like the fact that we took an injured player in that Lee trade.

laugh.gif
@ CP3 to Miami. That's not even funny
indifferent.gif
JR Smith and Gallo on the wings with Amare on the block and Melo? $#*@, that team would score 160 a night.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

question, who was able to trade for carmelo in nba 2k11? and how did u do it?
nerd.gif

I traded for him before i started my association, just gave up curry and gallo saved the rosters then took them into association.
lol...all this time I thought u made a trade in association

I dealt for him in my association.

scooped AI off the FA list.

3 team deal with Denver and Cleveland

NY gets:
Carmelo
Varejao
Mbenga

Cle gets:
Nene
JR Smith

Denver gets:
Iverson
Jamison
Hickson
Gallinari
Randolph

[h1]Knicks Exercise Options On Gallinari, Randolph, Douglas[/h1]Oct 24, 2010 1:52 PM EST

Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that the team has exercised fourth-year options on forwards Danilo Gallinari and Anthony Randolph, as well as its third-year option on guard Toney Douglas. Gallinari has averaged 12.8 points and 4.2 rebounds in 109 games (76 starts) over his first two NBA seasons. Randolph has averaged 9.2 points and 6.0 rebounds in 96 games over his first two NBA seasons with the Golden State Warriors.

Douglas averaged 8.6 points, 2.0 assists and 19.4 minutes in 56 games during his rookie campaign with New York in 2009-10.http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._on_gallinari_randolph_douglas/#ixzz13If7bKuU

Back
Top Bottom