**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
LEGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm gonna leave class early @ 7 to catch the end of the first or start of the second quarter at home. Let's do it!

I don't take anything Charles Barkley says seriously...For one, he's been hating on the Knicks since he became a sports caster...Probably because when he played in the 90s the Knicks defense was spankin him like a child that broke a vase...Plus, for somebody that never won a title in like 16 years of playing in the NBA to be a judge of talent, I wouldn't consider anything he says to be legitimate..Dude was talking trash about Lebron all off season then once Lebron took shots at him during his recent Nike commercial, he fell back and was kissing his #%* all of the post game last night

Not to open a can of worms again, but people DEFINITELY change their opinions on a player once he dons their favorite team's uniform. It's called "homerism".
laugh.gif

Cuz I've NEVER seen this many STAT fans in my life.

Anyway, I definitely think Amar'e will beast this year. I'm talking 25 ppg type beasting.

Hell yeah, I'm a homer. I've always been a STAT fan, but he's a Knick now. Why wouldn't we rally around our guy. *#@+, after everything, I'd love to see Eddy play well...in a Knicks uniform. Whatever it takes to win.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I don't take anything Charles Barkley says seriously...For one, he's been hating on the Knicks since he became a sports caster...Probably because when he played in the 90s the Knicks defense was spankin him like a child that broke a vase...Plus, for somebody that never won a title in like 16 years of playing in the NBA to be a judge of talent, I wouldn't consider anything he says to be legitimate..Dude was talking trash about Lebron all off season then once Lebron took shots at him during his recent Nike commercial, he fell back and was kissing his #%* all of the post game last night
You seem to take it a little seriously.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This season might be the downfall of S&T. Just when the Yuku servers are back on the right track, most users' posts (myself probably included)  during this NBA season will make us cherish those days when bozos quad-posted and left in shame. 

Last night was honestly the calm before the storm...

I see Pro trying to bring common sense to this thread...glad I rubbed off on him the one time we met.  (pause)

GL to yall.

we became stat fans due to how he changed over the years. From what im seeing now he's alot more mature, a much better leader, keeps it real 100% of the time, actually wanted to play here and has improved alot recently. With those characteristics and the fact that he plays for our favorite team we obviously will become fans of him not homers.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Not to open a can of worms again, but people DEFINITELY change their opinions on a player once he dons their favorite team's uniform. It's called "homerism".
laugh.gif

Cuz I've NEVER seen this many STAT fans in my life.

Anyway, I definitely think Amar'e will beast this year. I'm talking 25 ppg type beasting.
well I can actually say that I've been a fan of him since i got a dap from Amare at the NBA Draft in 2002
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  It's funny because I remember saying we should have picked him instead picking  Nene Hilario. (Who we then traded with Camby for McDyess and Frank Williams.)  Realgm and NBAdraft.net had me hyped that year thinking Amare was the next shawn kemp
laugh.gif

Naw HTTB. There are different levels of homerism.
laugh.gif

There's a homer who pulls for his team and wants to see all the guys do well b/c in the end, it means success. But that homer will still call it like he sees it.

Then there's the homer who will ignore how *++!+$ a player on his team is or over-hype a *++!+$ player just b/c he is on the team. (Think Frank Williams or Mardy Collins). This type of homer can't give credit to anyone unless they play for his team.

Most of you guys fall into the former category.

But I'm not knocking anyone. Passionate fans are good. Over-zealous fans (the ones who throw batteries on the court or cuss at kids) are annoying.

I don't think there are many of those extreme homers left cheering for the Knicks.

We have been humbled to death over the past 10 years.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I see Pro trying to bring common sense to this thread...glad I rubbed off on him the one time we met.  (pause)

GL to yall.

Dude, there's no pause big enough to ignore that sentence
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by bijald0331

GL to yall.

Dude, there's no pause big enough to ignore that sentence
laugh.gif
word even Gus cant do anything ab that one 
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]

safe_image.php

I'm going to need a link to tonight's game if anyone has one. I'm at work til 9pm 
mad.gif

And for the record, 1-on-1, Amar'e is better than Chris Bosh. And if you were trying to build around a guy, it'd also be Amar'e. BUT, if you were adding a big guy to complement a star (like a LeBron or a Wade or a Nash), I'd take Chris Bosh.

Bosh has a second banana mentality. I don't think he's made to be the go-to guy. He does a lot of dirty work too like crashing the boards, passing out of double teams, blocking shots. He's not completely offensive minded like Amar'e is. Plus, I think being in Miami, he's going to get significantly better at passing.

We all know Amar'e is THE guy on the team. He's going to be the one we're going to give the opportunity to score the last bucket (unless Gallo is wide open). We know he doesn't rebound like he has the potential to. He has a superstar mentality, which is why he left Phoenix.

It all depends on what you want out of your big man.

I'm also a Suns fan so I've been up on Amar'e from the get. And opinon's are opinon's Prosh. And my opinion is that Amar'e is a better player than Bosh. And he's been playing the game for a shorter period of time than bosh.

i don't see how calling amare better than bosh is some crazy homer statement. people aren't talking about amare is better than dirk, duncan, garnett, pau. but whatever. the knicks can use some homer's. most average new yorkers either hate the knicks or don't seem to care at the moment

i really want this win.

Back
Top Bottom