**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by Big J 33

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...lug=aw-knicksdraft102610

Sources: N.Y. scout led improper workouts

Could we lose a pick(s) over this? 
frown.gif

I'm happy Barkley said the Nets are better...just like there was no way the Warriors could beat the Mavericks in a 7 game series back in like 07

Just like Yao could never pull down 15 boards or something like that...

Just like Kobe would never win without Shaq and Pau Gasol wasn't enough to win it all...

and smh at Dirk being better than Amare...I watched Dirk for 4 years and he is one of the most overrated players in the league by far...his skill set is so limited

got this from realgm

I didnt see this posted, but I guess ESPN insider posted some thoughts from a unnamed playermods lock it up if this was posted

but 4 things

1) he said he hears murmurs of Carmelo to LAL, cuz LAL wants a face to replace kobe, and said melo trade to NY wont happen

2) spoke highly of danilo and called Gallo a mini-durant
icon_eek.gif
" title="">
icon_lol.gif
:" title="">

3) predicted 35ppg from durant, and in a couple years, up to 50 ppg
icon_eek.gif
" title="">
icon_lol.gif
:" title="">

4) he's heard from a BOS player they are scared of MIA (although that might change after tonight i suppose)

^ I'm gonna go ahead and reject everything* I just read from my mind.

Spoiler [+]
*except #2

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

hey pro hows your buddy bosh doing?
Talking fantasy?

I have Bosh, pro has Bron..
no. he said bosh is better than amare. this heat team will prove how soft he is
Bosh is better defensively and is best facing the rim, when Amare is more aggressive in the paint.. Mid range, better at 3pts now,

Posted in the Season Thread..

Documentary Details Anthony's New York Roots

spacer.gif

By:Alex Kennedy  Last Updated: 10/26/10 9:08 AM ET | 4640 times read
"I was born on May 29, 1984 in Brooklyn, New York," Carmelo Anthony says into the camera.

These are the first words uttered in the superstar's new documentary, "Carmelo's Way," that will be released on November 2, 2010. While much of the footage was filmed prior to 2008, the documentary still delves into Anthony's upbringing and details the forward's connection to New York, which helps explain why he has been linked to the Knicks since leaving the Denver Nuggets' three-year, $65 million contract extension on the table this past summer.

The movie is narrated by Anthony and features interviews, commentary and footage about his life and journey to the NBA. A considerable amount of time is spent talking about his workouts and career, but there are also many instances where Anthony talks in-depth about his hometown.

"I used to live in the Red Hook projects in Brooklyn," Anthony said with a smile. "It was a two or three room apartment but we had about eight people living in there."

The opportunity to play in New York is attractive to most players but Anthony's connection to the city is even deeper, which is why the Knicks are considered the frontrunner to sign him should he become a free agent next summer. The first time Anthony picked up a basketball, he was standing on a New York street.

"In New York, there's a basketball court at every corner. You walk outside and everybody's got a basketball. We had a court right outside in the middle of the projects. That's all we played. Basketball is all we really knew," Anthony said.

This is where he honed his skills, fell in love with the sport and played his first game.

"The first game I saw Melo play was when he was seven years old in Brooklyn, New York," said Carmelo's mother, Mary Anthony.

After eight years, his family left for Baltimore in search of a better life. Instead, things gradually got worse and it wasn't long before Anthony was missing New York. One day, the unhappy Anthony scribbled on his wall, "If I can survive this, I can survive anything."

Eventually, Anthony developed a love for Baltimore and was proud to call it home. But even as he rose to prominence in Maryland, the young phenom didn't forget his first home.

"They started calling me 'Little New York' and 'New York this' or 'New York that,'" Anthony said with a laugh.

He continued improving as a player and modeled his game after his favorite New York Knick.

"Bernard King was my favorite basketball player. Of course everyone liked Jordan, Magic, Bird and all of those guys, but Bernard King was the guy who I looked at and thought, 'Yo, he's the real deal.' Especially when he was in New York, I wanted to be Bernard King. I couldn't go out there saying, 'I want to be Pat Ewing' or 'I want to be John Starks.' I wanted to be Bernard King, that's who I wanted to be!" Anthony said with a laugh.

When the time came to choose a college, Anthony wanted to return to New York. He committed to Jim Boeheim and Syracuse University in the summer before his senior year even though the coach urged him to wait rather than rush through the recruiting process. Anthony didn't want to hear it and made his commitment official prior to his impressive senior year at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia.

"I always wanted to go to school in New York," Anthony explained. "I was a big Syracuse fan and that's when the Big East was the Big East. It was like, 'Oh @%**, Syracuse. I'm there.' That's all it took."

After famously winning the 2003 National Championship during his freshman season, many considered Anthony a lock to enter the NBA Draft and become a top three pick. But the decision wasn't that easy.

"Those were the best seven or eight months of my life," explained Anthony. "We were The Beatles up there."

He told Boeheim that he was staying but the coach told him he was satisfied with one championship and convinced his star player to enter his name in the 2003 NBA Draft. He was projected to be a top pick but, ironically, hated the thought of being drafted third overall by the Denver Nuggets.

"The Nuggets only won 17 games or something like that. I remember me saying, 'I hope Denver doesn't draft me. I hope Denver don't pick me.' At that time, Detroit had wanted me so everyone was thinking I was going to Detroit. I wanted to go to Detroit. I was like, 'Please, Denver, don't draft me! Please! Please!' Come to find out, they draft me. As I come out here, I'm like, 'I don't know nothing about Denver.' I tried to look on the internet and all I saw were mountains and I'm like, 'Oh @%**, I can't do this. Man, I can't do this,'" Anthony said.

Eventually, the city and situation grew on Carmelo and he learned to like Denver.

"Once I got out here, I saw the fans and I saw the city. They opened their arms out to me and embraced me as if I was one of their own. Once you get a whole city behind you like that, you can't beat that," Anthony said.

Since rising to superstardom with the Nuggets, Anthony hasn't forgotten about New York.

In 2009, the Carmelo K. Anthony Basketball Center opened in Syracuse, New York. Anthony's older brother, Justice, and many of his close friends and business partners still live in New York. This past summer, he chose the city as the location to marry his longtime fiancé, LaLa Vazquez, who is also from Brooklyn.

For months now, Anthony has been connected to the Knicks. Many assumed it was because of the close proximity to Baltimore, chance to play with another superstar or one of the many other benefits that come from living and playing in New York. However, this documentary paints the picture of Anthony's past and relationship with his hometown of New York which suggests that this may have been twenty-six years in the making.

"Carmelo's Way" goes on sale one week from today and can be purchased here.

Anthony Randolph Doubtful for Tomorrow

spacer.gif

Posted: 10/26/2010 12:23:00 PM
Source: Marc Berman of the New York Post

Anthony Randolph sprained his left ankle 20 minutes ago in scrimmage and is not practicing. Doesn't sound good for tomorrow
http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineS...YER_ID=&hd=20101026#STORY_28908#ixzz13XHgihxb

We're definitely not the better team. Barkley is reaching. I had always felt he just said things like that for shock value, anyway. I doubt he believes it.

Regardless of how things turn out, I just see no reason why anyone would actually feel that way right now.

i ran into amare stoudemire today in toronto.
dude looks like hes in premier shape.
he was taking in the game at a local spot here in toronto.
so i asked him... if he was signed to the heat instead of bosh, what would be the score right now (halftime)
dude said, the heat would be up by 25.

I'm so hyped up for the beginning of this season..I'm glad we're playing Toronto because I know the chemistry won't be 100% so it's good we're playing a team that is beatable if we fall behind in the first half

And idk what that ESPN Insider mentioned on this page is smoking...Durant dropping 50ppg? In this era, I can't see that happening, regardless of how great Durant is..Defenses didn't 100% respect him last season even with his breakout season, so now that he's dropping 30ppg teams will throw every thing at him

We NEED Carmelo though...We have good offensive talent but we need a proven 4th quarter scorer..Amar'e is gonna get double teamed at the end of every game and Gallo isn't mature YET to hit the big bucket in crunch time

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

hey pro hows your buddy bosh doing?
Talking fantasy?

I have Bosh, pro has Bron..
no. he said bosh is better than amare. this heat team will prove how soft he is

Ok, if you want to keep wasting posts all season instead of saying something logical by all means go for it.  You let your blatant hate for the players on the Heat blind you.  It's ok to be upset but move on man.

did you ever think maybe you're just wrong about bosh? not everyone think he's a top 3 PF. he's been called soft way before he ever put a heat jersey on word to shaq

He's done nothing in his career to prove that I'm wrong about the player he is and what he is capable of doing.

Of course, let's listen to Shaq he's never flip flopped on comments or doesn't talk bad about most name players in the league. By all means we should be taking everything he has to say as the gospel. People have called Dirk soft his entire career, so I'm guessing by that logic he shouldn't be a top 3 PF and the HOFer that he is.

Don't take me the wrong way, I would love for Amare to prove me wrong and for Bosh to suck strictly because one is on my team and one is not. But I'm not gonna let my homerism blind me and change a stance I've had on Amare forever especially when he has done nothing to prove me wrong. Funny how opinions change from a year ago on players when they decide what teams they want to play for. I'll dead the subject on that, not going to derail the thread any further.

Back
Top Bottom