**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by DubA169

supposedly this is the most points allowed by the spurs in the tim duncan era. that's what the said on sportscenter. not sure if it's true or not
I believe it. Spurs have been outstanding defensively ever since Duncan got there.

i dunno. i thought he was referring to the article. may be wrong. he had a very smug look on his face. he said this team hasn't won many championships... i mean obviously the whole team is new. so i think he was referring to the knicks franchise and the jefferson quote

never heard him say anything about championships when we played the bulls or celtics. so it stuck out to me

Nice win. Y'all starters played great. 65% shooting!?
eek.gif

Oh yeah ! Great win. We forced the Spurs to play our game. And they couldn't hang.
pimp.gif

Wilson Chandler.
sick.gif
This dude is The Truth. I need an avatar of that move he pulled on Ginobli that finished in a finger roll on Duncan.
glasses.gif
My son stepped up big against so far the leagues best team. He stepped up knowing Gallo was out and set the tone for tonight's game. Chandler HAS GOT TO STAY.

My man Felton trying to get back into rhythm. Continues to force me into liking him more and more. #SWAGFACE
embarassed.gif
He also stepped up big knowing we'd need a tad bit more with the injury. Could have kept up with Parker better, but I guess TP is just way too fast. Still held it down.

Amare continued his MVP play. Dude always beasts on the Spurs though, so while watching I was telling my friends like "Yo, this dude Duncan is baby to Amare." and right behind that comment, you see Amare bullying Timmy.
laugh.gif
Also, my man is working on his craft. Dude's jump-shot is nice. Elbow, baseline, hits most of his FT's. Ewing type shooting skills.
nerd.gif
3 Blocks tonight, his defense has impressed me the most. Makes BIG defense plays when we need them.

Fields just keeps doing all the other stuff. Crashes offensively, finds the long rebounds and runs down loose balls. Big offensive rebound and assist to Amare to close the game.
smokin.gif
He started it up with the oop too.
happy.gif

Turiaf is the other Fields type player and the goon of the team. Loved when he bumped Blair.
laugh.gif
Rather that then he Chris Gatling/Shawn Kemp with the dude. Perfect New York gritty type player.

Shawne Williams dunk.
pimp.gif
Joint looked super easy. Arms are crazy long. #NH. He should be trying to get to the basket way more. He's too in love with the 3 at this point. He got no free-throw attempts. Played solid though.

Bill Walker didn't do much but fill a position for 17 minutes. Shot 5 3's out of 6 attempts.
30t6p3b.gif
I've been pumping Walker over Williams, but he didn't make me look good tonight, other then the fact that he actually looked like he wanted to have something to do with the game. Even if that meant jacking 3's.
tired.gif
Hopefully he tries and become more aggressive with Gallo out.

Douglas played real good, except I saw a handful of forced shots. He had 3 steals and he playing hurt, so you gotta like that.

I just hope Mike D'Antoni continues to tweak the rotation as need be and realize who will be affective for us when Gallo returns. Bring the rotaion to 9 -10 guys. We gotta start thinking about how long we going to be able to play at this level and not be concerned with a wear down.

For some reason when they showed Gallo next to Rautins I said "Why not play him some at the 1?" I think he can give us a good 7-10 minutes a game.
nerd.gif
Maybe.

Azuibike is the other dude.
30t6p3b.gif
I just know he can give us a big boost. Shoots 3's and goes to the basket aggressively. Would get us a nice amount of FT's.

End of the day, we beat one of the "elite" so far in the L this year. We've played well against the "elite" teams all year. We going on this Western swing and I actually believe we are probably a better team against Western teams. I think we could essentially get healthy record wise in this next 10 game swing.

Chandler continues to have the kind of season that will make him a rich man this summer when he is a free agent. Knicks president Donnie Walsh might rue the day he passed on giving Chandler a contract extension at October's deadline.

nerd.gif

tired.gif

GaBeGRaMz wrote:

Amare continued his MVP play. Dude always beasts on the Spurs though, so while watching I was telling my friends like "Yo, this dude Duncan is baby to Amare." and right behind that comment, you see Amare bullying Timmy.
laugh.gif
Also, my man is working on his craft. Dude's jump-shot is nice. Elbow, baseline, hits most of his FT's. Ewing type shooting skills.
nerd.gif
3 Blocks tonight, his defense blocking has impressed me the most. Makes BIG defense blocking plays when we need them.

Fields just keeps doing all the other stuff. Crashes offensively, finds the long rebounds and runs down loose balls. Big offensive rebound and assist to Amare to close the game.
smokin.gif
He started it up with the oop too.
happy.gif

Turiaf is the other Fields type player and the goon of the team. Loved when he bumped Blair.
laugh.gif
Rather that then he Chris Gatling/Shawn Kemp with the dude. Perfect New York gritty type player.

Shawne Williams dunk.
pimp.gif
Joint looked super easy. Arms are crazy long. #NH. He should be trying to get to the basket way more. He's too in love with the 3 at this point. He got no free-throw attempts. Played solid though.

Bill Walker didn't do much but fill a position for 17 minutes. Shot 5 3's out of 6 attempts.
30t6p3b.gif
I've been pumping Walker over Williams, but he didn't make me look good tonight, other then the fact that he actually looked like he wanted to have something to do with the game. Even if that meant jacking 3's.
tired.gif
Hopefully he tries and become more aggressive with Gallo out.

Douglas played real good Decent, except I saw a handful TON of forced shots. He had 3 steals and he playing hurt, so you gotta like that.

Fixed.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Chandler continues to have the kind of season that will make him a rich man this summer when he is a free agent. Knicks president Donnie Walsh might rue the day he passed on giving Chandler a contract extension at October's deadline.

nerd.gif

tired.gif

i got a feeling we are going to regret passing on that option and he's going to leave
ohwell.gif

Wouldn't giving Will a contract extension mean less money for Melo? and Dub, I didn't hear the part where Ray said "we haven't won a lot of championships." But then again, it was like 11 something and my wife and kids were asleep so I had the volume low

i love chandler but melo is better than him. point blank.

we aren't going to regret %***. if we don't sign melo, just sign chandler.

if we trade for melo, can't we go over the cap to resign our own players?

it was right after the game when he spoke for like a minute. i have the replay of the game recorded, so if they left the interview win i will let you know his exact words

anyone else wake up mad happy? haha

^ yea i played it back. And i heard "San Antonio is a great team and they won a lot of championships, we just gotta yada, yada, yada,"

But joy over the knicks win was crushed by my defeat in mega millions.

i love chandler but melo is better than him. point blank.

we aren't going to regret %***. if we don't sign melo, just sign chandler.

Yeah, but Will's gonna have to be included in a deal for Melo unless Donnie really fleeces the hell out of them. 
I like Will a lot as a player, but with Melo on this team, I don't see how he fits. We could get the same combined production from Williams and Fields and have Melo doing work to make up for everything.

Still prefer Will over Gallo.

best and most unnoticed thing about Will this year is his improvement on his jumper. Technique was altered and the percentage is up.

i think donnie will find a way to keep chandler... he did it with lee and nate so i dont see how this situation is any different unless we get melo

chandler is only replaceable if we get melo. but if we do get melo and keep chandler i dont like chandler at PF at all, but then again if we keep gallo and get rid of chandler then i dont like gallo at PF even more

Will > Gallo based on overall game. With Melo on the team, Gallo is a better fit because of his outside shot.

We just seen what its like without a player that averages 34mins per game and only shows up half of it.

I think a combo of Will+Melo would be better than Gallo+Melo.

What do ya think when Gallo comes back ? Right back into the lineup.. or off the bench ?

I want to let the season play out.

I'm just torn about who I would want to let go. Even if we don't get Melo I feel if we keep the 3 wings we have right now (Gallo, Fields and Chandler) we will be in just as much contention.

Melo doesn't solve ANY need we have right now. He's not gonna run the point or guard Centers.

Now at the end of the season we will know whether or not those wing players are good enough to keep and build around for a chip.

Rather then go for Melo, I say if they are playing like they would be good enough and I feel like they are. Re-sign Will and Turiaf and go after 1 of these 4.

Tyson Chandler: Dallas will probably do whatever it takes to keep him.
ohwell.gif

Samuel Dalembert: He's paying in Sacramento right now. He'd be the perfect type of player along with Amare.

Nene: Carmelo will probably leave and Nene has a Player Option.

Reggie Evans: Another Turiaf type.

None of these dudes demand Max contracts. I say we bargain build right now. We could get 3 role players in positions that we NEED to fill and get deeper for the money we will have to give Melo.

Maybe Earl Watson as a back-up.

Wouldnt Chandler be part of the package anyway? And this really depends.
If Melo wants to sign in the off-season, we'd have to renounce Chandler's rights in order for Melo to get more money which then wont allow us to go over our cap to resign Chandler.

And no thanks to Earl Watson.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

We just seen what its like without a player that averages 34mins per game and only shows up half of it.

I think a combo of Will+Melo would be better than Gallo+Melo.

What do ya think when Gallo comes back ? Right back into the lineup.. or off the bench ?
I wanna see Gallo off the bench. Just might be the perfect role for him. Come in and score.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Melo doesn't solve ANY need we have right now. He's not gonna run the point or guard Centers.
He's a legitimate 1b option to Stat when it comes to our offense. Chandlers played great last night, but he doesn't always have the ability to create his own shot like Melo does. When teams converge on Stat we suffer, unless our shooters are knocking down shots. Melo will help with that.

Back
Top Bottom