**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Why wasn't a deal made the 7 times NJ had a move on the table for Melo, then?

Eh, whatever. We're playing well. We'll see what happens. With or without Melo we're better than we've been in years.

The Nets really don't want the Knicks to get Carmelo Anthony. I can tell that Nets owner hates the Knicks.
laugh.gif

If for whatever reason, Melo does take the extension (which he won't), I want us to go after a shooting guard to take the pressure off Amare and move Fields to the bench.

I've never been a Melo fan so I always viewed it as, hey great if he comes, don't care if he doesn't.

he won't have much fun losing Chauncey, Rip and Brook Lopez, though. I know that.

If the Knicks don't get Melo and end up trading Chandler in a deal for Iguodala it would be a bad, bad, bad mistake. As a former Sixers fan I can tell you that Wilson Chandler is a WAY better basketball player than Iguodala. Iguodala might have the advantage defensively but that's only marginal. The dude can't shoot for **$* or create his own shot. I really hope the Knicks don't try to trade for Iguodala as a Plan B.

Iggy, while a good player, isn't what the Knicks need if we don't get Melo. I'd rather try and bring in Daequan Cook and hope he could develop into a solid shooter in jerk-off's system.

If Melo doesn't land here, I can't imagine Will not being around. Can probably pay him near half of what Iggy makes and get about the same production.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

If the Knicks don't get Melo and end up trading Chandler in a deal for Iguodala it would be a bad, bad, bad mistake. As a former Sixers fan I can tell you that Wilson Chandler is a WAY better basketball player than Iguodala. Iguodala might have the advantage defensively but that's only marginal. The dude can't shoot for **$* or create his own shot. I really hope the Knicks don't try to trade for Iguodala as a Plan B.

Where did you get the idea that we're trading Chandler?
laugh.gif

Leon Rose wants his cut of money before the CBA, and the Nets are the likely destination he has to sell him on, if its NY, Melo can wait til the offseason, resulting in Leon Rose losing some money.

There was a rumor if iggy for chandler a while ago

Melo gets to watch his draft class buddies choose where they want to go. Melo gas th nuggets and leon rose push him onto a losing team. Huge shame

WojYahooNBA
Source: DEN keeps telling NY it doesn't like its pieces, and when NY asks for direction on what to go get for Nugs, DEN hasn't been clear.

@alanhahn
Alan Hahn
Bottom line is DEN has made it clear they do not want to deal with Knicks, period. It was always going to be up to Melo to use leverage.
6 minutes ago

DEN was willing to play chicken with him by Feb. 24 because they knew the CBA worried him. Agents in his ear on losing $$ in new CBA as FA.
3 minutes ago

You know what I'm not getting, with every other free agent that we have pursued, there were talks about the increased revenue they'd be able to receive from going to New York, but now all we're hearing about is Melo is gonna lose money. The media really is miserable.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You know what I'm not getting, with every other free agent that we have pursued, there were talks about the increased revenue they'd be able to receive from going to New York, but now all we're hearing about is Melo is gonna lose money. The media really is miserable.

The hate for the Knicks has been strong since forever.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Vincent Goodwill: Let's be clear: the hold up is Melo&the extension...the #Nets can find a taker for Petro/ #Pistons are limited in taking back $, its reality 1 minute ago

Tommy Beer: Oh, and Fields will make $788k next season. Rip is on the hook for $25.3 million over next two seasons (one of the NBA’s worst contracts) 3 minutes ago

Kurt Helin: Carmelo Anthony trade talks move closer as Nets zero in http://dlvr.it/D0Gmx #PBT #NBA 3 minutes ago

Tommy Beer: Re: MeloDrama – a quick player comp: Landry Fields is avg. fewer pts but more rebounds, steals, blocks, & much higher FG% than Rip Hamilton 4 minutes ago

Mike Prada: New Jersey's Melo plan in a nutshell: bring in a guard tandem that was last lethal three years ago, then convince him to sign an extension? 1 minute ago

im not going to lie id be disappointed if melo signed his extension with the nets...even if he does end up with the nets they are not really a threat to us imo...their roster is not really impressive with or without melo... but at the end of the day i still love this team without melo and the good thing is we don't have to break up the roster to get him... and we get to sign chandler this summer but still have flexibility in 2012 to get cp3 or deron... donnie always has something up his sleeve so i have faith in him doing the right thing

I won't be too happy if my favorite player in the league goes to the Nets out of all teams 
laugh.gif

We'll see what happens. For now though, it's just more rumors.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Leon Rose wants his cut of money before the CBA, and the Nets are the likely destination he has to sell him on, if its NY, Melo can wait til the offseason, resulting in Leon Rose losing some money.

damn, good point

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

damn, good point

30t6p3b.gif
at us getting swindled by this clown 2 times in one year.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I've never been a Melo fan so I always viewed it as, hey great if he comes, don't care if he doesn't.

he won't have much fun losing Chauncey, Rip and Brook Lopez, though. I know that.
Agreed. Yeah he can score, but he does it inefficiently and I don't think he makes us a championship team alone.
He's after the money, Billups and Rip are too old to build a championship team, and Lopez has gotten worse since his rookie year.

Me and allen were talking and thought this guy was the perfect fit in the short and long term.

ept_sports_nba_experts-603198496-1270213175.jpg

Rip is on the hook for $25.3 million over next two seasons

sick.gif

What exactly is Rose telling Carmelo that would make him agree to this? I'd love to hear that little speech.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Me and allen were talking and thought this guy was the perfect fit in the short and long term.

ept_sports_nba_experts-603198496-1270213175.jpg
I would do the Harlem Shake if we can get Camby back. Just at what cost is my issue.
If this Melo thing goes through, then it now becomes the issue of what moves we can make to fill in our needs. D'Antoni styled big man, back-up PG, etc.

Start dropping that logic on his twitter @carmeloanthony

How old is Camby? He still effective out there. Haven't been keeping up with him much.

Back
Top Bottom