**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

u took it back with that Camby pic 
frown.gif

Camby is still effective. Still a quality rebounder and shot blocker.

Would probably need a third team to make the numbers work.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I've never been a Melo fan so I always viewed it as, hey great if he comes, don't care if he doesn't.

he won't have much fun losing Chauncey, Rip and Brook Lopez, though. I know that.
Agreed. Yeah he can score, but he does it inefficiently and I don't think he makes us a championship team alone.
Carmelo is an inefficient scorer? What???

People now sound like they're on some sour grapes stuff like "aw well, he ain't !%** anyway, we should have gone after this other guy from the get go"

if we could add Camby, I think we'd really have a chance to knock someone off in Round 1. (in particular Chicago in a 3/6 match up)

I think D'Antoni would actually like him as a big man as well. And it seems rare to appease him when it comes to bigs.

I guess it would take Portland wanting to go towards a fresh start, though. Curry/Randolph + idk?

Donnie has got to be looking to do something with Curry's contract regardless.

Yall think POR would be willing to give up Roy? They fed up with his knee yet?
laugh.gif

If Camby's still bringing the same stuff he brought here last time that'd be great but I'd only give up bench players for him. Not Fields and I kinda doubt they'd want the poor man's Camby in AR for him (ofcourse I figure a 3rd team would be involved for money to work out).

Originally Posted by Al3xis

if we could add Camby, I think we'd really have a chance to knock someone off in Round 1. (in particular Chicago in a 3/6 match up)

I think D'Antoni would actually like him as a big man as well. And it seems rare to appease him when it comes to bigs.

I guess it would take Portland wanting to go towards a fresh start, though. Curry/Randolph + idk?

Donnie has got to be looking to do something with Curry's contract regardless.
The last player in the Curry/Randolph/? will always be Fields/Gallo/Wilson in that order IMO in term of team wants.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

People now sound like they're on some sour grapes stuff like "aw well, he ain't !%** anyway, we should have gone after this other guy from the get go"

It's got nothing to do with sour grapes, he's a volume scorer in my eyes who doesn't pass the ball, doesn't shoot great from the 3, and doesn't play great defense. Would I welcome him on our team? Yes, depending on what it costs to get him here. But I don't think we're doomed for eternity if he doesn't come. The options then become make a trade for the holes in our team and hope Chandler can develop even further.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

STAT + Melo + Camby + Turiaf + Mozgoon + Evans
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Let me dream!
If we dreaming

Yao(replaced bionic foot)-STAT-Melo-M.Gasol--Turiaf-CP3-Nash-Mayo-Fields-Gallo-Roy(replaced bionic knee)
Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

It's got nothing to do with sour grapes, he's a volume scorer in my eyes who doesn't pass the ball, doesn't shoot great from the 3, and doesn't play great defense. Would I welcome him on our team? Yes, depending on what it costs to get him here. But I don't think we're doomed for eternity if he doesn't come. The options then become make a trade for the holes in our team and hope Chandler can develop even further.
Melo wouldn't be that in D'Antoni's offensive system. Like someone in this forum mentioned before he'd be playing more like he did when he was on Syracuse.

pacers_knicks_110102_6702.jpg

I would not be surprised if  the Granger rumors start soon. Pacers have tailed off lately and have reportedly discussed making Granger available. Donnie did draft him in Indiana and he would fit in New York in the role Melo was supposed to have. Of course he's not an elite talent and is injury prone.

if knicks lose out on melo then they should stick with their plan and spend money in summer of 2012 and not do anything drastic from here on out... whats 1 more year to wait? we waited for 2 years to get lebron and we were garbage but now were actually good so 1 more year cant hurt... then you have dwight, cp3, and deron to choose from... and i forgot sign will this summer

I'd rather go after Mayo if we can't get Melo than Granger. He's an awesome player, but Chandler is a little too like him to make a significant difference on our roster.

2012 was supposed to be about CP3 or Deron which we don't need anymore.  We need to focus on adding some front court help, namely a rebounder obviously.  Camby would be great IF we can get him for cheap but I don't see that happening.  
I have no idea who other realistic candidates would be, the well is pretty dry.

@Chris_Broussard: Of course, Melo still has to sign off on all this & agree to ext with NJ, but NJ getting indications Melo's agreeable 
this is what the trades suppose to look like

Nets receive: Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Anthony Carter, and Shelden Williams.

Nuggets receive: Two first rounders from the Nets, Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Anthony Morrow, Ben Uzoh, Stephen Graham, and Quinton Ross.

Pistons receive: Troy Murphy and Johan Petro.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

imagine if we could get Dwight..OMG 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

not happening but hey, it's nice to dream lol
He's a Free Agent in 2012...And with the lockout potential next year
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom