**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Stephen A. Smith is returning to ESPN as a radio host and columnist.
Smith will host a pair of two-hour, weekday local radio shows -- one airing on ESPN 1050 in New York from 7-9 p.m. ET and another on ESPN 710 in Los Angeles from 6-8 p.m. PT. The shows will concentrate on local sports with a concentration on the NBA on game nights as both stations are the flagships for the Knicks and Lakers, respectively.

"Stephen A. consistently offers strong opinions on a wide variety of topics," said Norby Williamson, executive vice president, production, in a statement. "He has a proven track record as an authoritative voice, which will lead to insightful conversation leading into Knicks and Lakers game coverage."

Smith will also be a featured ESPN.com columnist, contributing to both ESPNNewYork.com and ESPNLosAngeles.com.

NBA analyst Stephen A. Smith joins 'The Michael Kay Show' to talk about his return to 1050 ESPN New York, the Knicks' future and the latest in the Melo drama.

Smith worked on a number of ESPN projects from 2003-08, hosting "The Stephen A. Smith Show" from 2005-08 and ESPN2's "Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith" from 2005-07. He was also a columnist for ESPN The Magazine.

"Words cannot express how excited I am to return to ESPN," Smith said in a statement. "The five-plus years I spent here in my previous stint were unquestionably the best years of my professional career. To have the opportunity to return to a place where I have an abundance of friends -- with individuals whose contributions to my life, both professionally and personally, deserves far more credit than I can describe -- simply makes my return that much more special. I'm sincerely grateful. And very, very ready. As in right now. Let's go!"

Smith will start contributing this week.

He most recently hosted a morning show on Fox Sports Radio.

Couldn't watch last night, my boys don't get MSG or YES...
mad.gif

Least we got a W
happy.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

stephen a smith is an impatient dunce who applauded every last one of isiah's moves

Maybe so. Did he not hit the nail on the head in the article though?

nope. his article was full of speculation and he basically begs donnie walsh to suck off CAA

lebron went to miami because he wanted to go to miami. no amount of sucking up to anyone was getting him in new york. that decision was made a long time ago

Which is why the Knicks must go get Carmelo Anthony as soon as possible.

As in ... today

what is that supposed to mean? the nuggets GM has made the same amount of trades as me and you. ZERO. he is dragging his feet. they are all over the place. they have no idea what they want. they kept going back to the nets and adding more and more. we don't even know if they are seriously considering trading melo. for all w eknow they just want to piss him off and scare him into signing an extension

the nerve of this guy to speak as if walsh isn't doing his job properly and doesn't want to make a trade. news flash, it take two teams to make a trade.

SAS wants the knicks to take back two terrible contracts and give away 6 players. what he doesn't tell you is that after two second round exits he will be calling for walsh to be fired. which he is already doing if a melo trade doesn't happen

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by Anth0NYC

New guy.

welcome, friend

rule #1 - chase away trolling bulls fans in this thread
rule #2 - always make bangdak feel like his trades are on point
laugh.gif

Also remember to remind YEEUUP that the article he just posted is on the same page....

Twice.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i heard he's back on espn radio? is that true?

yea its on 1050 at 7 pm! im never at work to listen might download the podcast if they have one

Carmelo Anthony will go to the All-Star Game this weekend in Los Angeles as a member of the Denver Nuggets, a person with knowledge of the situation said. But although a trade won't happen this week, the source said the Knicks have "more of a sense of urgency'' to get a deal done for the four-time All-Star before the Feb. 24 trade deadline.

Newsday

Originally Posted by xbiker47

One of my coworks tried to tell me today were gona win a chip with felton as our starting pg
indifferent.gif
We probably will. Ray's a really solid pg when he doesn't have to be the number 2 option.

No we won't. One of those articles weren't lying when it said that the Knicks feel Deron/CP3 is more important than Melo.

i can already see what's going to happen if a trade doesn't go through. most of you are going to be screaming that walsh should be fired, even though nobody knows if denver has any actual intentions of trading melo

Dub, I believe the Nuggets have intentions of trading Melo, because they are talking to teams. Obviously only reports say so, but if the Nets owner had to call a press conference about pulling out, then there had to be discussion.

I'm just happy, this will all be over in 10 days. Can't wait to have a team full of players that know they will be there the rest of the year.

Even if it's not Melo we get in a trade, I'm sure Donnie will still pull something off that makes us better for a playoff run.

And what the hell is going on with Azibuke ?

my trades ARE on point
laugh.gif

And whats wrong with that article? Ultimately, if we couldnt get James, OR Melo to come, what makes you think we'll have enough assets to lure CP here? %+#% outa here with that !$!$!!!%.

the nuggets could easily been messing with melo's head the whole time. they come back to him and tell him the knicks low balled us and didn't want you that bad. the knicks never cared about your financial security. melo starts to resent the knicks, panics, and signs with denver out of fear of the new cba. that's an entirely plausible situation, and people will fully blame walsh

explain to me how lebron not coming to the knicks is donnie walsh's fault. oh Stephen a smith's dumb ++! was already on the radio explaining that the knicks shouldn't have showed up with a bunch of white dudes and donnie looking fragile in a wheel chair. i guess houston isn't black enough. now he writes an article claiming he didn't kiss CAA's ++! enough. such garbage. the guy wanted to play with his two bff's in a place with nos tate tax. nothing walsh did would have changed that

stepehen a smith has also been screaming that if the knicks gave up 2/3 assets three months ago, a deal would have happened. even though the nuggets were claiming we had no assets, and it makes absolutley no sense for denver to trade him for 2/3 months before the deadline because they would be getting the same thing and would lose money on ticket sales.

he's a joke who got one rumor about miami right. he's still a moron who makes money off of inciting people

Originally Posted by DubA169

the nuggets could easily been messing with melo's head the whole time. they come back to him and tell him the knicks low balled us and didn't want you that bad. the knicks never cared about your financial security. melo starts to resent the knicks, panics, and signs with denver out of fear of the new cba. that's an entirely plausible situation, and people will fully blame walsh

I agree and this thought has crossed my mind as well. As I've mentioned in past posts, I feel Melo may start to feel unappreciated, because the rumored packages weren't that great. But it goes both ways. Melo would actually have to buy that THIS is the reality. And the Nuggets also have to know that, even if they feel they can play this game, that they are still risking just losing Melo for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom