**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

317frwm.jpg
No way PHX would do that...We'd have to give up Fields or Gallo as well.

I'm already getting tired of Felton, dude isn't bad it is just a lot of dudes could put up the numbers he has given the playing time

That #1 seed is mine, back the hell off.

I believe Blouses is in last place. Half of yall stopped updating. You guys had decent teams too
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I think we need to make this move ASAP. I don't think it'd be an impulse move. We're losing a lot of winnable games here and our weaknesses are really getting exploited (and in turn I think Denver gains a little leverage) so I think you have to go ahead and pull the trigger. If you can keep two of the three (Landry, Gallo & Wilson), it'd be amazing but at this point, a move needs to be made.

It's difficult to say which I prefer to give up cuz all three have really come into their own through the ranks. Landry is a real glue guy but those aren't as rare as "a Melo". Wilson is essentially Melo lite. And Gallo would probably do better with Melo in the lineup when he becomes a 3rd/4th option and may get a lot more open looks from the wing but those guys aren't too hard to find either.

Gotta make a move.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Against this complicated backdrop, sources say the Nuggets and Knicks have continued to discuss trade proposals -- as they were even before Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov pulled his team out of the talks Jan. 19. Those talks between Denver and New York are expected to become "more extensive" during the upcoming All-Star weekend in Los Angeles, when executives will have a chance to meet face to face, according to a person familiar with the dialogue between the teams. CBSSports.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14689371/melo-answers-should-be-forthcoming-as-dday-nears
i hope their rookie GM knows to kiss the godfathers ring before the Don makes him an offer. And if he says no...I'm sure the Don will make him an offer he can't refuse
pimp.gif

[h3]Knicks Turned Down Carmelo Deal Monday Night[/h3]
Feb 15, 2011 06:41 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110201.jpg

Carmelo Anthony could have become a member of the Knicks on Monday night.

New York president Donnie Walsh turned down an offer from Denver that one team official classified as "steep."

According to a team source, "there is a deal to be made" but the most recent machination wasn't to Walsh's liking.

The Nuggets offered Anthony and Chauncey Billups to the Knicks for Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Eddy Curry and at least one first-round pick.

The New York Daily News writes that the Nuggets are focusing on the Knicks and Bulls, with the Mavericks and Rockets as wild cards.

Via New York Daily News

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Down_Carmelo_Deal_Monday_Night#ixzz1E1lPJCGV

Okay, I wouldn't even be mad at that deal. Get Melo, keep Chandler (able to resign him in the offseason) and have Chauncey's option which may or may not (not sure of the numbers) give us a bit of flexibility.

Hopefully we get a deal done over all-star weekend.

WHAT THE HELL WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT DEAL! SMH I JUST SAW IT REPORTED ON MIKE AND MIKE IN THE MORNING ON ESPN RIGHT NOW TOO

As usual RealGM posts the half truth...

if you click the Daily News link, it says three starters, and they only named two. So there's a 3rd starter involved most likely Chandler/Fields, or even Mozgov.

Assuming that deal is true.

They're talking about it on Mike & Mike 30 secs ago...

Basically putting it on Melo and stating that there's probably more going on behind the scenes then any of us could ever imagine going all the way up to CP3

I would of done that deal.

We don't need three point shooters - Gallo
We need three point makers - Fields

Felton is a rental till 2012.. billups expire in time for that I think

IF the Nuggets actually made us an offer, I think it's probably only a matter of time.

Donnie doesn't have to pull the trigger as soon as the Nuggets want to sit down and get it done.

Back
Top Bottom