**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

turiaf yee

smokin.gif

We were up 13, now we're down 8. Last I remember Gallo is 3 for 13, 1 for 8 from 3.
indifferent.gif

Funny thing is we need a good chucker to jumpstart the offense. Maybe Mason can do it.

And Toney Douglas is looking better than Felton.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

We were up 13, now we're down 8. Last I remember Gallo is 3 for 13, 1 for 8 from 3.
indifferent.gif

Funny thing is we need a good chucker to jumpstart the offense. Maybe Mason can do it.

preach brotha.

I came in to say this. He's looking like the starting PG.

The 2 spot is sold to Chandler. I think its up to starting C now

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I came in to say this. He's looking like the starting PG.

The 2 spot is sold to Chandler. I think its up to starting C now

From what I've seen, I want David Lee as my center. Moz might foul out of games faster than Amir Johnson. And Ronny can't really help defend or show on shooters.

Thank god that it's a freaking pre-season game. Landry Fields will be a problem someday.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

From what I've seen, I want David Lee as my center. Moz might foul out of games faster than Amir Johnson. And Ronny can't really help defend or show on shooters.

No thanks. I don't want to see Lee's defense again. Give Mozgod a break. It's his only second NBA game. I mean it was his first time to play against an NBA team. 

i feel like certain players get fouls called on them more/less frequently because of reputation and that mozgov can become a victim of his rep for being foul prone. even in the fiba championships refs were making bs calls on him. moving screens are rarely called and he got 2 called on him today. idk if they were that much worse than the ones that dont go called though cuz i wasnt checking for them.

and even clyde has said that his rep as a good defender made him an even better defender. he said the opposing players that he guarded would have cuts on their hands/wrists after games and refs wouldnt call it cuz of his rep as a great defender. i feel like its working in the opposite way against moz.

also...alot of the knicks players remind me of myself playing ball lol. and by that i mean they put the ball on the floor and can occasionally make a nice play going to the rim, but when theres no play that can be created they don't have the skill/awareness to check themselves, instead they get caught forcing a bad play, charging into the defense, getting caught in the air with no shot and then having to force a pass, etc. i think its the effect of not having a true playmaker on the floor to create easy offense for others, hopefully felton can pick it up and fill that void.

so I was at work today and missed the game ...don't feel like going through the last pages but gimme the quick summary of the game

thanks

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i feel like certain players get fouls called on them more/less frequently because of reputation and that mozgov can become a victim of his rep for being foul prone. even in the fiba championships refs were making bs calls on him. moving screens are rarely called and he got 2 called on him today. idk if they were that much worse than the ones that dont go called though cuz i wasnt checking for them.

and even clyde has said that his rep as a good defender made him an even better defender. he said the opposing players that he guarded would have cuts on their hands/wrists after games and refs wouldnt call it cuz of his rep as a great defender. i feel like its working in the opposite way against moz.
good point there, but fouling out in 14 minutes is just unacceptable though. Straight up Big Snacks status
laugh.gif

we got killed on the glass though

yup, we gonna miss Lee there.

Glad to see alot of players showed some decent signs today, im not sweating !#$$, we are a young team with 10 new players and it is the beginning of the preseason, i am reallyyy not worried about wins/losses right now, just progress, which i am seeing. I mean we all know Gallo can shoot the ball, im not gonna sweat him shooting 1-8 from three in a *%+$*#+ preseason game, just like i wasnt overwhelmed when he knocked down 5 in Italy.

Preseason guys, our 2nd game, first against an actual NBA team. I'm not making any judgments one way or another. No one should be pressing the panic button after one game against the T-Wolves. Douglas will NOT be the starting PG, unless Felton starts shooting 20% and turns the ball over 10 times a game. If Douglas didn't crack the rotation til late in the year over Chris Duhon, Felton won't lose his spot anytime soon.

I chalk up the inconsistency to the travel and fatigue. Going to Europe, Italy, then Paris, all the press, etc. it's a lot different than a road game in Chicago. Also, as much as we're all happy the team is getting along and seem to be gelling, there's still 11 new players, and that's going to take time. Not to mention setting the actual lineups and rotation plays a huge factor in how they look and play together on the court.

I haven't seen anything that makes me lose sleep at night yet, Felton will need more than a few weeks in camp to be able to control the team 100% and step up when we're sloppy. Mozgov will eventually have to learn how to play smarter, unless they're content to use him as 6 fouls and a big body. Gallo won't go ice cold every game, etc.

The biggest thing I noticed that doesn't concern me, but something we need to address is what Randolph's actual job and position will be. Yes, I know his potential is sky high because he can do a lot of things well, but we need him to do a few things great and focus on that. I don't want a Lamar Odom type player, where he can grab 20 and 20 one night, then shoot 1-8 with 3 rebounds the next. Eventually the team will have to figure out if they want him to be and develop him there, because otherwise I see him spreading himself thin and never developing specific skills that make him an All-Star caliber player.

I was actually thinking about that with AR today. He really has no proper place in the team with gallo and stoudemire being locks to start at forward. D'antoni likes versatile players, but as of now ARs real versatility is only on defense since his jumpers too broke and he doesn't have real "point forward" skills. and he won't be able to develop properly skillwise and with a coming off the bench as a spark mentality. He needs major minutes to develop properly IMO and those minutes just aren't there for him unless he can get better at grabbing boards which it looks like we're gunna get abused at every night.

edit: and gr8 i'd never want douglas as starter to run this system. i think he's perfect for a 6th man role but hes not even a top 30 guard in the league. hes an undersized combo guard, but to his credit he's an excellent shooter and defender. if he were 6'5" instead of 6'2" i'd feel a lot different about him lol.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Preseason guys, our 2nd game, first against an actual NBA team. I'm not making any judgments one way or another. No one should be pressing the panic button after one game against the T-Wolves. Douglas will NOT be the starting PG, unless Felton starts shooting 20% and turns the ball over 10 times a game. If Douglas didn't crack the rotation til late in the year over Chris Duhon, Felton won't lose his spot anytime soon.
I feel you about Felton, i still think that he will be great here, he is still picking up a new system and is trying to run an offense in the preseason that features guys that are all unfamiliar with each other, when he is new himself. HE will pick up things im not worried about Ray, im excited for whats in store with him once he does pick !%## up in the regualar season.

I do think you are underestimating TD a bit though. Douglas is a tough sob and hes a baller too, i think he can be a starter some day, and if Ray went down id be confident in him running the show for us. Hell play a big part this year imo regardless.

Felton is a pro. not worried, he'll be solid.

I just hope Ant Randolph keeps his confidence up early in the year. I actually would like Mike just to force feed him 25-30 minutes a night even if he has his struggles.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Toney fan, especially since I went to FSU, and wanted him starting over Duhon for awhile... and I was completely confident in him being the starter if LBJ came.

Douglas has already shown his importance to the team by pushing Felton and challenging him during camp, he won't let him slack off. He's a great guard off the bench to run with the 2nd team, plus I wouldn't mind seeing him and Ray play together depending on matchups.

Back
Top Bottom